Largest Cartel Market weapons sale of the year is now live! Check it out before August 27! ×

3 medals for 524k healing ~~ nice medal system BW

Jooji

trolls well be trolls....if you think it's so much effort to click a team mate and hit a keybind/skill then no wonder you suck at pvp.....cause really landing an insta is basically the same thing

I know im good in PvP, you saying im not, doesnt make it true, but keep telling yourself that.

OT: It is a fact that it is easier as DPS to gain medals, than it is for a healer. Noone is asking for easymode, healers just want to be rewarded when they put in the same effort as someone that is a great DPS in a WZ.

Edited by Miothan

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 + 1 = 2.

More dots = more damage.

Comprehension's pretty rough on you, eh?

Again, the global cooldown that you spend casting a DPS ability is a global cooldown not spent casting a heal. And your heals will be much stronger and much more effective than your damage abilities, unless you're running some bizarre hybrid spec (21/20 Sorc, for example). It's a zero-sum game.

There are only a few times when it's acceptable to use offensive abilities as a healer.

1. When nobody on your team is in danger of dying (i.e., the enemy team is terribad)

2. When you're the only one that can stop a bomb plant/turret cap or stop a ball runner (i.e., your DPSers are bad)

3. If it's a simple CC to keep enemies off you (Flashbang does no damage, Debilitate does minimal damage...that's just speaking as an Op, though)

Edited by raelimar

You're getting the assassin medal as a healer?

You just made my point. We don't get medals based on playing objectively as a healer. There's no reason a healer would EVER be soloing someone, unless you happen to be solo guarding an Alderaan node, but that makes no sense. A healer should be with others since that's where we're at our most effective.

You are still playing WoW. This is not WoW. Try that dedicated healer crap in other MMOs and you will quickly find out that there is no such role. Lol, even in WoW the best healers used all of their abilities, and not just the green ones. What game have you been playing exactly?

Again, the global cooldown that you spend casting a DPS ability is a global cooldown not spent casting a heal. And your heals will be much stronger and much more effective than your damage abilities, unless you're running some bizarre hybrid spec (21/20 Sorc, for example). It's a zero-sum game.

There are only a few times when it's acceptable to use offensive abilities as a healer.

1. When nobody on your team is in danger of dying (i.e., the enemy team is terribad)

2. When you're the only one that can stop a bomb plant or stop a ball runner (i.e., your DPSers are bad)

If you're blindly casting a HoT, then chances are you're overhealing.

If someone is in need of a heal then yes, HoT followed by a heal is the most effective choice (depending on your class I'm sure).

If you've cast a HoT and your target no longer needs a heal (hasn't engaged anyone yet, etc), then a DoT on an enemy target is more effective at that point (shield your friendly first if you have it and/or feel the need).

It's all situational and if you're quick enough (and good enough), then you can definitely be rewarded with a few DPS medals as well.

On a side note, I'd be willing to bet that clickers aren't a good match for this style of play.

Edited by TestiSteelnuts

You are still playing WoW. This is not WoW. Try that dedicated healer crap in other MMOs and you will quickly find out that there is no such role. Lol, even in WoW the best healers used all of their abilities, and not just the green ones. What game have you been playing exactly?

Uh, I played an rsham in WoW and was very much an offensive healer there as well.

If you're blindly casting a HoT, then chances are you're overhealing.

That's a fair point, but as an Op, it's how I get my Tactical Advantage procs. If I put my HoTs up ahead of time, I get the procs ready and I have a couple TA stacks ready to go for when **** hits the fan and I need to start throwing out Surgical Probes.

If someone is in need of a heal then yes, HoT followed by a heal is the most effective choice.

IMO, if someone is in need of a heal, you've waited too long to give them a HoT. HoTs are proactive (you shouldn't cast it blindly though, use it on people you know will be taking damage - good healers will have a sense for this), direct heals are reactive.

If you've cast a HoT and your target no longer needs a heal (hasn't engaged anyone yet, etc), then a DoT on an enemy target is more effective at that point (shield your friendly first if you have it and/or feel the need).

Refer to my list of situations when offense is acceptable - when nobody is in danger of dying. I'm not saying I don't do damage as a healer, I'm just saying it's not my role, and I'm not going to let people die just so I can chase medals.

It's all situational and if you're quick enough (and good enough), then you can definitely be rewarded with a few DPS medals as well.

On a side note, I'd be willing to bet that clickers aren't a good match for this style of play.

Clickers aren't a good match for any style of play.

Edited by raelimar

It is easier as a dps to get medals, and even more so as a tank, but throw some slows, or instant dots around between heals. low cost stuff and anything that helps control the enemy is good. Slower the enemy moves the easier people find them to focus em. This also gets you on the kill list, maybe a killing blow. Don't wander too far from nodes in Alderon, thats another 2 medals in defender points, and as a healer you should be close enough to nodes to pick those up anyway, they have a bit of range counting defender points. Healers do need about 2 more medals to go for under healing category though to even things up a bit, especially with what tanks can get. Edited by Sgt_shades

That's a fair point, but as an Op, it's how I get my Tactical Advantage procs. If I put my HoTs up ahead of time, I get the procs ready and I have a couple TA stacks ready to go for when **** hits the fan and I need to start throwing out Surgical Probes.

As a sorc, I get Force Bending procs from my HoTs. If I'm on the ball, if someone starts taking damage, once I bubble/HoT/cast, they're back at full. For my class (and IMHO), casting HoTs just for the procs in case something happens is a waste.

IMO, if someone is in need of a heal, you've waited too long to give them a HoT. HoTs are proactive (you shouldn't cast it blindly though, use it on people you know will be taking damage - good healers will have a sense for this)

IMO, someone's in need of a heal once they start taking damage (bubble breaks, etc). Overhealing isn't effective and is a waste of your force pool. If someone's health drops to 60%, it doesn't mean that the chance of their demise is insurmountable.

Refer to my list of situations when offense is acceptable - when nobody is in danger of dying. I'm not saying I don't do damage as a healer, I'm just saying it's not my role, and I'm not going to let people die just so I can chase medals.

Agreed. All I'm saying is that if you do some damage, then chances are you'll be able to get those medals that I've seen far too many people QQing about than if you simply rely on your healing in WZs.

Clickers aren't a good match for any style of play.

ILU

While healers don't get as many medals, they get nearly guaranteed 4+ MVP's no matter what they do in the warzone as long as they heal 200k+.

Wish this was the case. I can triple the next highest healing, do respectable (100k+) damage and top objective points and not get a single vote, multiple matches in a row.

Sort by damage, notice top damage by tiny margin has 6 votes, sigh softly to self.

As a sorc, I get Force Bending procs from my HoTs. If I'm on the ball, if someone starts taking damage, once I bubble/HoT/cast, they're back at full. For my class (and IMHO), casting HoTs just for the procs in case something happens is a waste.

IMO, someone's in need of a heal once they start taking damage (bubble breaks, etc). Overhealing isn't effective and is a waste of your force pool. If someone's health drops to 60%, it doesn't mean that the chance of their demise is insurmountable.

In some ways, this is the difference between a 600 point force pool and a rapidly regenerating 100 energy pool. It's far more efficient for me to space out my casts, rather than spamming my abilities back to back to back once somebody is taking damage. In the latter case, I'll place myself in the <60 energy bracket, which is not where I want to be.

Agreed. All I'm saying is that if you do some damage, then chances are you'll be able to get those medals that I've seen far too many people QQing about than if you simply rely on your healing in WZs.

Sure. But it's a multitasking issue that pure DPS (and arguably tanks) don't have to deal with.

Edited by raelimar

In some ways, this is the difference between a 600 point force pool and a rapidly regenerating 100 energy pool. It's far more efficient for me to space out my casts, rather than spamming my abilities back to back to back once somebody is taking damage. In the latter case, I'll place myself in the <60 energy bracket, which is not where I want to be.

Sure. But it's a multitasking issue that pure DPS (and arguably tanks) don't have to deal with.

Yeah we definitely don't multi-task as healers...

i call bs cause there are 4 just for healing

oh and look at that 4 for damage

Medic – 2.5k healing from a single heal

Demolisher – 2.5k damage from a single attack

Trauma Surgeon – 5k healing from a single heal

Anihilator - 5K damage from a single attack

Quick Draw – Getting a killing blow on one player

Combatant – Dealing 75k damage

Destroyer - Dealing 300K damage

Healer - Healing 75K

Savior - Healing 300K

Defender – Earning 1k Defender Points

Warden - Earning 3k Defender Points

Assassin – Killing a player in a one-on-one fight

Shield – 5k Protection

Protector - 50K Protection (thanks meatballz/adlarn)

Guardian – 2k Protection since last death

Paladin – 10k Protection since last death

Commando – Killing 10 enemy players

Actually, there are 6 for damage, 7 if you include the one awarded for slaying 25 enemies

I guess I really did contribute the least..

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t23/bluefire_09/Screenshot_2012-01-11_22_56_19_304000.jpg

Compared to average 10+ hybrid or full DPS.

This one is even worse..

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t23/bluefire_09/Screenshot_2012-01-11_21_16_31_948000.jpg

Edited by Balmuck

I guess I really did contribute the least..

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t23/bluefire_09/Screenshot_2012-01-11_22_56_19_304000.jpg

omg you got 6 medals when healing over 600k....lol grats thats some crazy healing

omg you got 6 medals when healing over 600k....lol grats thats some crazy healing

It just sucks. I hate healing just for the simple fact that I get no valor or medals.

If I was full DPS in these instances, I would have gotten 10-12 medals very easily. Yet with the same exact contribution to the team, (actually it's a lot more, both of those WZs were against very good premades full of 50s and we literally won them cuz of me), I get about 1/3/-1/2, the medals.

Also, the people claiming that it's all good and you should DPS and waste resources on taging people... Either your server is full of *******, or you never fought anyone good. Wasting ONE GCD on dps, will get your tanks and DPS killed. If you play like that, then that's your issue and I'd never even consider playing with such a selfish bastards..

It just sucks. I hate healing just for the simple fact that I get no valor or medals.

If I was full DPS in these instances, I would have gotten 10-12 medals very easily. Yet with the same exact contribution to the team, (actually it's a lot more, both of those WZs were against very good premades full of 50s and we literally won them cuz of me), I get about 1/3/-1/2, the medals.

Also, the people claiming that it's all good and you should DPS and waste resources on taging people... Either your server is full of *******, or you never fought anyone good. Wasting ONE GCD on dps, will get your tanks and DPS killed. If you play like that, then that's your issue and I'd never even consider playing with such a selfish bastards..

i dont get how your contribution was more.....your playing the same game but you make bars go up they make them go down. you target some one and spam a few skills...they target some one and spam a few skills.....

yes it's not fair that healers have to tag targets to get kills and a dps just has to do his job.

My initial reaction is to agree with the OP and say Healers need more medals. But what people fail to realize and I sometimes forget is that there is no "holy trinity" to this game. I often top the charts in damage with my tanky Vanguard. I often top the damage charts with my healbot Sage.

All classes are -more- than capable of quite a bit of DPS, regardless of whether you have talents that capitalize on it. Stop playing whack-a-mole and start playing Star Wars.

My initial reaction is to agree with the OP and say Healers need more medals. But what people fail to realize and I sometimes forget is that there is no "holy trinity" to this game. I often top the charts in damage with my tanky Vanguard. I often top the damage charts with my healbot Sage.

All classes are -more- than capable of quite a bit of DPS, regardless of whether you have talents that capitalize on it. Stop playing whack-a-mole and start playing Star Wars.

I'm sorry but I disagree. Fighting good premades means that each person has to perform their roles as they're intended. I can't waste a GCD on anything outside of healing... It becomes so tight sometimes that I really can't even waste a GCD on my healing trace proc to regen my force.

As I said, either you people don't play against good people or you're letting people die. As far as I'm concerned, when a healer or a tank top DPS charts, then the DPS is just bad. I could easily post hundreds of screen shots of me owning ******* with 400+k damage and 150+k healing, even when full DPS spec. That's nothing.

When I talk about this game, I'm talking about fighting the best.

Also, I don't get how hypocritical or anti-healing you people are.

First off all, finding people who wanna heal is hard.. probably the haradest class to get in any game.

Second, the innate heal debuff makes anyone who isn't 100% sure that they wanna heal, stay the hell away from it.

Third, listening to all of you talk about tagging people and such makes me wonder. Does DPS or tanks have to get out of their way to get their medals? Aren't they just doing their JOB. Why the hell would I have to go out of my way to do anything outside of what my class is designed to do. Are you actually DPS'ing to get medals or to kill people? Are tanks just doing random **** when they toss out guards or taunts or challenges on their targets and friendlies? Let's all just abanden our class roles for the sake of being selfish or due to bad game design.

I've said it before, I'd be embarrassed if I was Bioware devs. They REQUIRE their healing classes to choose to either heal their friendlies or let them die and earn a medal. Pathetic if you ask me... that goes beyond bad game design.

Edited by Balmuck

this wont change, bioware isent stupid

they know that mindlessly healing baddies who take massive damage and dont contribute anything to the match doesnt warraent any type of rewards, actually do something usefull instead of healing level 50 champion geared players against scrubs like i dont know killing them and not padding your scores, then maybe youll will get a much deserved extra 2 medals to your pathetic 4 medal score

there's no healbot class in game, use the tools provided by bioware, the taunts and the damages and the heals, all at once , not some 1 button hitting scrub, and you will get medals

Edited by Bejita

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.