Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

I think patch 1.1 is going to force me out :(

oursacrifice

It's amazing how the Dev's can't seem to win.

Mr Reid expressed an option that really isn't all that unacceptable. He didn't say DELETE UR MAIN AND REROLL, he said, Why not roll an Alt? His advice was do what most people who hit 50 will do at some point or another anyway! Hell, I'm not even 50 and I already have a few Alts.

Honestly I think that was a great peice of advice. While he continues to begin maxing his 50, he can also go roll straight PvP with his Alt and get to try a different class. Any of us who begin to become frustrated with a situation might do the same.

But because a Dev said it, suddenly its a sign of doom.

And who's to say that this wasn't considered by BioWare to begin with? Why is it a crime for them to go:

"We'd really like to do this, but since it's not ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL for launch, why don't hold off for a bit and implement it a bit later."

You didn't get everything you wanted, therefore the Dev's are inept? Grow up. They said it's coming, be patient.

To Mr. Reid, if you are reading this, to you I say keep on truckin.

Edited by DammitCat

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cross-server queuing for PvP is something that the development team wants to happen, but it's not going to be available in the near future.

Don't do this, I like my community and knowing my server. Now if you're going to do RvR and rotate the servers, I m ok with this.

Congrats on the 50. :)

Your server isn't 'dead' by any means, but it's a lower population server than some others. The good news is, the population is growing daily as more people buy the game and get online (we can see the growth). However, you're right in that the number of level 50 players is going to be small and won't increase dramatically in a short period of time.

Cross-server queuing for PvP is something that the development team wants to happen, but it's not going to be available in the near future. In the interim, you might want to try re-rolling a new character, either on your own server or another server (perhaps a PvP server?). On your own server, you'll be able to PvP all the way from L10 to L49 without any issue, and by the time you get close to the cap you can see how the L50 Warzone 'scene' is. On another server - especially a PvP server - you may find a more PvP-centric community.

Please don't do cross server warzones.

Don't do this, I like my community and knowing my server. Now if you're going to do RvR and rotate the servers, I m ok with this.

Did you know that when you queue up even with x-server LFG it will search within the server first then others? Unless, you like waiting for hours just so you can get with someone within your server...... good luck.

Did you know that when you queue up even with x-server LFG it will search within the server first then others? Unless, you like waiting for hours just so you can get with someone within your server...... good luck.

very interesting, care to let us in on how you know this, since there's no x-server LFG right now?

86.12% of "facts" and stats cited on teh interweb is made up on the spot.

There's a simple solution for this, allow the players on the overpopulated side to be able to convert their characters to the underpopulated side. If these classes are truly mirrored, technologically it should be a pretty simple solution.

The QQ in this game is epic. You have the "bracket PVP or I quit crowd" vs. the "bracket PVP and I quit" crowd. You have the "put dungeon finder in or I quit" people vs. the "put dungeon finder in and I quit" people.....plus about a million other issues. Seriously, it is getting pretty old. We really don't need yet another "OMGZ GAME IS BROKEN I QUIT" post. If you can't post something constructive, go away peacefully please.

It's amazing how many words one can use to convey the message "we're looking into it." Give us some real communication from developers instead of this marketing speak.

Wth do you want them to say?

It's the guys fault who rushed to 50 not them I mean what do you expect? Did you really expect there was gonna be tons of 50's already pvping especially on a low pop server...

Just the way he words his post it's so whiny that I just cant feel sorry for him its basically gimme what I want or I'm quitting and post like that I just can't have sympathy for sorry....

He's on a low population server what do you want them to do for him, move his toon to a higher population one, do you really think that's fair to the other people on the game that are paying to play also unless there gonna let us all move....

He gave the best answer he could I mean seriously get over it they have been answering stuff if you look under the developer thread you would notice that granted it's not much but they do answer stuff once in awhile...

Damn, I mean is there anything people don't complain about....

Edited by Kittypryde

The QQ in this game is epic. You have the "bracket PVP or I quit crowd" vs. the "bracket PVP and I quit" crowd. You have the "put dungeon finder in or I quit" people vs. the "put dungeon finder in and I quit" people.....plus about a million other issues. Seriously, it is getting pretty old. We really don't need yet another "OMGZ GAME IS BROKEN I QUIT" post. If you can't post something constructive, go away peacefully please.

Amen, its getting to the point that no matter what they do people are gonna complain it's just unreal how much people grip and complain about everything and anything....

Edited by Kittypryde

Your server isn't 'dead' by any means, but it's a lower population server than some others. The good news is, the population is growing daily as more people buy the game and get online (we can see the growth). However, you're right in that the number of level 50 players is going to be small and won't increase dramatically in a short period of time.

Cross-server queuing for PvP is something that the development team wants to happen, but it's not going to be available in the near future. In the interim, you might want to try re-rolling a new character, either on your own server or another server (perhaps a PvP server?). On your own server, you'll be able to PvP all the way from L10 to L49 without any issue, and by the time you get close to the cap you can see how the L50 Warzone 'scene' is. On another server - especially a PvP server - you may find a more PvP-centric community.

As many of you know, we're experiencing high load and corresponding queues on some servers. This is to be expected during launch, as a high number of people want to play the game, and for long stretches at a time.

We're monitoring all of our servers around the clock, and we're raising server population caps where required. However, to ensure our long-term goals of server stability and healthy populations, we do not want to raise population caps too rapidly. We want incoming players to populate lower population servers. At the same time, higher population servers will not be 'locked' because we want to allow people to join a server to play with their friends if they wish to.

With this in mind, we wanted to notify everyone of some consistently high population servers. These servers are closing in on their absolute population cap (the maximum amount of players who can be on the server at any given time) and will likely have a queue to enter even at off-peak play times.

We strongly advise you to not create new characters on these servers, unless you are prepared to queue to play.

US-based servers

The Harbinger – US West Coast - PvE

The Swiftsure – US West Coast - PvP

The Fatman – US East Coast - PvP

EU-based servers

Bloodworthy – EU English - PvP

Frostclaw – EU English - PvE

Legions of Lettow – EU English - PvP

The Red Eclipse – EU English - PvE

Tomb of Freedom Nadd – EU English - PvP

Darth Revan's Mask – EU German - PvP

Darth Traya – EU German - PvP

Jar'Kai Sword - EU German - PvP

Hrakert Rift – EU French - PvP

Many of you who are already playing on these servers are asking for solutions, and we understand your frustration. At this time we can only ask for your patience. Population caps are being gradually raised on these servers, but raising them too fast will create an influx of new players and perpetuate the problem. We do not expect the queues to alleviate on these servers for the foreseeable future. If you do not want to queue, you should consider playing on another server, many of which have very low or no queues.

Character transfer is a common request for these servers. The ability to transfer your characters is being worked on, but there is no ETA on when it will be available.

Finally, we are also aware of the issues some have experienced where they have been disconnected during a queue due to internet issues, and had to restart their queue once more. This is a high priority for our server team and we'll be deploying a fix as soon as possible.

so, apparently the solution to everything, is re-roll..

I personally think a 50s bracket is NEEDED, however it is to early for it.

I think Q times are really going to suffer :(

It's too early for servers with not enough 50's.

BW should make a separate patch for the brackets and only apply it to servers with enough 50's on each side.

Problem solved.

This trend the devs have of suggesting people reroll as a solution to a problem is a bit disturbing. For all the talk of story and your own saga...it really isn't. The quests turn out the same, horribly linear way every time. Class quests are different of course, but that is a small % of the total quests you do getting to 50 and beyond. Dark/Light change nothing but a few lines of dialogue in most cases(talking about the general go kill 10 imperials quests) so not even that changes the experience.

Plus, if people wanted to reroll, they already have/will.

I didn't wade through the many many pages of replies so apologies if this has already been said/suggested.

If it really proves to be a problem why not take a break and come back again later when there are more level 50s on your server. Or level and alt or two in the meantime.

so, apparently the solution to everything, is re-roll..

Everything related with queue and server pop? yeah.

You either play on a populated server and risk that there is a lot of queue, or play on a low pop server and risk to have no one to play with at higher level.

If you play a lot and level to 50 fast you better play on a populated server.

Everything related with queue and server pop? yeah.

You either play on a populated server and risk that there is a lot of queue, or play on a low pop server and risk to have no one to play with at higher level.

If you play a lot and level to 50 fast you better play on a populated server.

i have nothing to add except that I like ****, and i like buffets.. :)

Edited by oredith

I gave an honest answer in response to his exact situation. That wasn't a blanket statement that applies to everyone on every server, but someone in a similar situation (finding themselves lacking opponents at the high level of a server) would get the same advice from me at this point. Don't take specific advice to one player as a directive from on-high which applies to all... that would be an exaggeration of my importance. ;)

The development team is committed to exploring all options to ensure that everyone has a good experience playing the game, but that doesn't mean every situation will be individually catered for. Given our current circumstances, I'd give the same advice if asked again.

Right, but you should have known better. Especially when the answer you gave wasn't really very good.

A LOT of us were 50 before the game 'launched'. I think there were 4 of us on my faction on my server alone. It took about 4 days for other people to start catching up. One day it was one person. Then 2. Then 4. Then nothing for 3 or 4 days. Then suddenly 14. Then uh... more than I've bothered to count.

This game is *very* quick to level. 80 or so hours if you've seen it before, 100-120 if you haven't. You can take longer than that, but that's the 'curve' of where you're going to start seeing people tricke in. If there aren't enough people at level 50 on your sever, come back tomorrow, or in 2 or 3 days. People who are at the leading edge of achievement should expect that they will necessarily leave some people behind, and have to wait for them to catch up. My guild just managed it's first 8 person raid yesterday, I've been 50 since dec 20th - that's to be expected.

The issue at hand, that pvp will be bracketed, is that guys at Austin have given a poor explanation of a system that should be subtle and complex. A level 50 gets chewed through just as well as a 49 compared to those of us with even 300 or 400 expertise. The bracketing *should* be based on PVP rank. You *should* calculate what the maximum possible PVP rank you can get only PVPing to level. That's your floor for where the 'Champions' bracket would start. You should also check for starvation in the queue (Requests not being serviced) and bump people down a lower bracket, even if that means nerfing them slightly, to ensure adequate quality of service to the queue. Now any one of your programmers or systems designers should understand that, and plan to implement something along those lines (there are non technical design factors I haven't covered), and a few numbers to quantify of course.

The right answer was: Hold tight for a couple more days and people will start catching up. If all you're really interested in is PVP then you should consider moving to a pvp server. A PVE server will usually not have as vibrant a PVP community as one that is intended for PVP players. In the interim there are always dailies, the space game to do, you could try your hand at playing the GTN as well as helping lower level players through some of the flashpoints (like red reaper). If you use this time to build a good reputation it will help you to either find a guild you'll like, or help you find more people for your own guild.

Cross-server queuing for PvP is something that the development team wants to happen,.

Huh? What happend to a BW dev saying it kills community and they didn't want to do it? Which is what I agreed with...

Queues are perfectly fine on my server..

Im actually starting to get to know people and players are building a name for themselves within the community. Just like oldskool WoW, rather than the anonymous pile of bantha poodoo cross-server queueing brings with it..

Edited by Raul

Huh? What happend to a BW dev saying it kills community and they didn't want to do it? Which is what I agreed with...

Queues are perfectly fine on my server..

Im actually starting to get to know people and players are building a name for themselves within the community. Just like oldskool WoW, rather than the anonymous pile of bantha poodoo cross-server queueing brings with it..

i think we have established that a secret meeting was held in the Bioware office, and the powers that be have decided communities are overrated, and that since they've always had so much success with single player games, that SWTOR should follow that model instead.

thus the change of heart.

I like the game for the most part. I see its potential and also wish certain things were implemented at launch instead of some point down the road.

But all I really do is pvp. Sadly, I'm on a dead server (Nathema). Patch 1.1 is going to have all level 50's in their own pvp queue. There's only a couple level 50's on the server that actually pvp. That means without a cross-server pvp queue I and other level 50's will NOT be able to pvp anymore.

:(

Seriously guys, I'm totally bummed out over this.

It's bad enough that I cannot do any of the Ilum war dailies because the Republic never goes there to cap the bases back. Now I won't even be able to pvp in warzones...

More people will get to 50.

/thread

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.