BH Custom Gear - Lookin' Good Counts

Vestras

Where do I find the Boots?

I wanted this set myself. I got the helm, chest, and pants as heroic quest rewards but I could not get the gloves and boots. I read they are offered as rewardds for regular quests on Taris but I swear I was never given the option to pick them. Too bad, would have been great to have a fully moddable matching set....

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went and got moddable Juggernaut gear and filled it with Bounty Hunter mods to get my look, loving it at the moment but will probably change when i get a few more Columni/Rakata pieces.

i'm on the left, Jugg on the right (need better colour boots).

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/noodle155/SWTOR/jokers.png

Heh, same. I got my current threads from Mandalorian Raiders. It was a moddable that was clearly designed for a jugg but I loaded it up with aim stat gear. So now Im a BH with a cape..looks a bit wierd but its the strongest gear I've found so far.

I wanted this set myself. I got the helm, chest, and pants as heroic quest rewards but I could not get the gloves and boots. I read they are offered as rewardds for regular quests on Taris but I swear I was never given the option to pick them. Too bad, would have been great to have a fully moddable matching set....

I heard you get it from the bonus series - which I'm doing right now.

Oh, snap! I was about to leave Taris, but I think I'll stick around for a while and do the bonus series...I'm an Armortech, and this makes me a little sad, because I may just be through making armor for myself anymore...maybe I'll switch over to cybertech for the mods, or biotech.

I'm using the moddable taris bounty hunter gear. It looks like a blue mandalorian set! I'm loving how my guy looks now.

This is the set I have I really like it but dang it took me like 2.5 hours of questing after completed the planet to get it all since a lot is in heroics / ect. Ill try and post a pic when I get home, at work now. I believe its called the Merenaries elite gear - look it up on darth hater or torhead.

Not all of them.

The helm is from Spilling Chemicals (first area).

The Pants and chest are from the east area heroics (not sure if it was the Pirates one or the Father one, definately not the one in the area above that which needs you to kill yedi and collect artifacts, that heroic 4 man rewards orange blaster/rifle for companion).

These are NOT the bonus missions

The gloves and boots are also NOT from the bonus missions. I completed the entire bonus series, didn't get them and then did all the other Taris quests I had in my log. You get them from one of the main quest lines which have you follow Thana, the Sith Apprentice, around Taris. The quests at the very end of this line are the gloves (2nd to last, need to kill a Cathar) and boots (last, blow up a spaceport).

These quest give the choice of 1 commendation, the set item or a green lockbox. So I am pretty sure nearly everyone will have chosen the set item. So if you don't have them yet, don't be discouraged, you probably need to finish more quests.

I know this, because I spent the last 3 hours getting the set from scratch.

Although I personally prefer the golden version which is gotten (mostly?) from the Flashpoint Boarding Party. Except that I don't know who or what drops the pants and boots of that set (I made a thread about that a while ago, the set is called Mercenary's Foundry Gloves etc).

I'll see if I can host a picture of my upper body (since I have helm, chest and gloves) of that set in a few days.

Edited by Soulflames

Since that is a gated quest with pre-requisites, I'm guessing no, you need to do the entire line of quests.

Here is a picture of the golden (Mercenary's Foundry) set that drops in Boarding Party.

I'm missing the Greaves and Boots, so any info on that is appreciated. (in another thread they said that the Greaves drop in Boarding Party, but no confirmation on that),

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/405/screenshot2012011205571.jpg/

I just got this whole Blue Mandalorian Taris set today and I love it. These are the quest names for the pieces

Mercenary Elite Prototype

Spilling Chemicals 4+ Heroic - Helm

Blackout 2+ Heroic - Chest

Last of the Tarisian Pirates 4+ Heroic - Greaves

Cathar Assassination - Gloves

No Escape - Boots

(The last two are the final quests of the Darth Gravus and Thana questline)

I may be in the minority that is enjoying the trenchcoat look for my BH. This top is the orange gear from Hammer Station; I have a blue version of the HS boots now (the ones in this pic are the BT boots), but would like to farm for the orange ones, assuming they exist, not to mention the Hammer Station pants. These are some random blue pants; last night I got orange pants from Athiss that look similar, in black and red, and still don't match my sweet coat. :p

http://i43.tinypic.com/jhy9ea.jpg

Edited by Jenovan

I used the Trenchcoat from Hammer Station as well until I found a moddable one that was the same but instead of white sleeves it has blue-grey sleeves, which fits better with the rest of my outfit. When I get home later I will post a screen shot.

I may be in the minority that is enjoying the trenchcoat look for my BH. This top is the orange gear from Hammer Station; I have a blue version of the HS boots now (the ones in this pic are the BT boots), but would like to farm for the orange ones, assuming they exist, not to mention the Hammer Station pants. These are some random blue pants; last night I got orange pants from Athiss that look similar, in black and red, and still don't match my sweet coat. :p

http://i43.tinypic.com/jhy9ea.jpg

Looks like a vagabond part - either heroic or bonus mission on balmorra, just got that yesterday. Can't remember if it's exactly the same colours.

Edit: I'll check the complete name tonight.

Edit: Yes, it was called Vagabond Prototype Chestguard.

Edited by iRouven

i ahve found 1 piece or armour called powered ultrachrome upgrade gauntlets. it was from a regular quest on belsavis. i have now leveled to 50 and was thinking of heading back and doing all the group quests to try and get the other parts.

but does anyone know if all the other pieces come from this planet as neither torhead or darth hater have any information about where the items can be found.

cheers.

im at work so dont have a screenshot, but the gauntlets are a mix of chrome and black.

I mostly just used various quest rewards here and there, and once lvl 40, I bought the full set (cept bracers, since no orange available) from the pvp vendor. I thought it was pretty nice looking armor.

The lvl 50 pvp armor though, I'm not impressed, and not looking forward to having to wear a set of it :p

Recently got bored of the old tier gear look so opted for a nice long coat

http://i.imgur.com/AX2JO.jpg

Happy with the look (even though i had to give up 9 aim to get it)

and a shot during DFA, had to get a decent one though

http://i.imgur.com/uSrp8.jpg

oh and yeah, that is the same coat from corellia comms as the guy above has. If anyone knows of a nicer looking one (not too fond of the front part of the chest) let me know.

Edited by Lotusate