BH Custom Gear - Lookin' Good Counts

Vestras

Were did you get the imperial helmet?

The Imperial Trooper Helmet is available from the Collector's Edition Vendor on the top level of the cantina in the Imperial Fleet.

Unfortunately, it's light armor...that's my biggest complaint about the Social gear, it's all light armor...need some that's heavy or medium too...

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be in the minority that is enjoying the trenchcoat look for my BH. This top is the orange gear from Hammer Station; I have a blue version of the HS boots now (the ones in this pic are the BT boots), but would like to farm for the orange ones, assuming they exist, not to mention the Hammer Station pants. These are some random blue pants; last night I got orange pants from Athiss that look similar, in black and red, and still don't match my sweet coat. :p

http://i43.tinypic.com/jhy9ea.jpg

I prefer the trenchcoat look myself. I use the RD-13A Raider Chestguard. There's another kicking around somewhere that looks almost exactly the same, except the front of the chest doesn't have the bandolier across it...it looks more like a skeletal ribcage...I may switch to that if I can find an orange version of it.

For my helmet, I'm currently using the Xenolite Mesh Helmet because I like the look...but if I can find an orange version of the Mercenary's Helmet I found long ago, I'd switch in an instant...

Current Look: http://i40.tinypic.com/d9suv.jpg

Helmet I want as customizable one: http://i41.tinypic.com/2poqwar.jpg

Ahem, so does anyone know how much of a loss it is to use medium armor instead of heavy armor?

A friend pointed out that orange gear gets the armor from the Armoring Mod so the fact it is light, medium or heavy should not make a difference, but I've yet to test this.

Ahem, so does anyone know how much of a loss it is to use medium armor instead of heavy armor?

A friend pointed out that orange gear gets the armor from the Armoring Mod so the fact it is light, medium or heavy should not make a difference, but I've yet to test this.

You get an armor rating from the armor mod which is then multiplied by the armor type to give you the armor value, so using anything other than heavy is a pretty sharp drop in armor.

Back on topic:

I love the lvl 40 pvp medic set. I have a full set of armod/mods/enhancements for it at lvl 49. (farmed by my powertech for my merc)

I will be sad when I start to upgrade to lvl 50 gear. I can't wait for a patch that lets us move the armor out of the endgame gear.

Edited by grapefruit

I prefer the trenchcoat look myself. I use the RD-13A Raider Chestguard. There's another kicking around somewhere that looks almost exactly the same, except the front of the chest doesn't have the bandolier across it...it looks more like a skeletal ribcage...I may switch to that if I can find an orange version of it.

For my helmet, I'm currently using the Xenolite Mesh Helmet because I like the look...but if I can find an orange version of the Mercenary's Helmet I found long ago, I'd switch in an instant...

Current Look: http://i40.tinypic.com/d9suv.jpg

Helmet I want as customizable one: http://i41.tinypic.com/2poqwar.jpg

I actually use the chest you described (ribcage), it's the RD13B Striker Chestguard, available iirc at the normal heavy armor vendor on Tatooine.

Here's my current look with the chestguard, matching RD14A Scout Gauntlets, RD 13A Raider Greaves and RD 14B Stealth Boots. (Only the PVP-belt kinda sucks on this). Got everything but the chestguard on the GTN (all orange pieces).

http://i42.tinypic.com/2ry0ug0.jpg

Regarding a customizable version of the helmet you posted and my char wears on this pic): orange TD-17A Imperator Helmet.

Edited by Mongorr

I mainly went for Sith Warrior gear and switched out the mods for my set:

http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu24/getcarty/powertech-1.jpg

I made a hottie - body type 2.

I wish they had the option of not showing the gear (as they do with the helm)...the gear kinda ruins it.

That said, the modded Sith Warrior gear looks pretty sweet -- you win

Sry,what boots did you got on the GTN?

I was looking for the Mercenary Elite Prototype Boots,where these the ones you bought on the GTN?

No was replying to your earlier question about my post where I was talking about my TT-15A powertech set.

The Mercenary Elite boots come from the Taris quest line like the rest of that set.

Edited by TheGuyver

Im not at home so I am unable to look up the name but...

Does anyone know where you loot the Custom (orange) leggings with the red armor plates, the red plates have two white painted boxes on one side and a strip down the plate on the other leg.

I must find these leggins! I have the full brownish set in custom and all the red aside form the leggings.

I use my pvp gear alot more these days but I dont run around in it to much as that is all i see everyone else in.

TIA!

Cheers

UPDATE: Found them on Torhead http://www.torhead.com/item/3XUdxhc/tt-16b-master-powertech-legplates

Edited by Zakua

Im not at home so I am unable to look up the name but...

Does anyone know where you loot the Custom (orange) leggings with the red armor plates, the red plates have two white painted boxes on one side and a strip down the plate on the other leg.

I must find these leggins! I have the full brownish set in custom and all the red aside form the leggings.

I use my pvp gear alot more these days but I dont run around in it to much as that is all i see everyone else in.

TIA!

Cheers

UPDATE: Found them on Torhead http://www.torhead.com/item/3XUdxhc/tt-16b-master-powertech-legplates

Not sure where they drop from but I believe I bought mine off the GTN.

I actually use the chest you described (ribcage), it's the RD13B Striker Chestguard, available iirc at the normal heavy armor vendor on Tatooine.

Ah! Looks like it's actually Nar Shaada according to torhead, thanks!

Regarding a customizable version of the helmet you posted and my char wears on this pic): orange TD-17A Imperator Helmet.

That appears to be a drop from heroic level mobs on Alderaan

Black Box 2+ Heroic on Tat offers that helmet as a reward.

This looks like it's the same, and much easier to get solo for me :)

Transparisteel Onslaught Helmet

Edited by Vrock

Thanks Guyver, yeah I been checking two or more times a day heheh.

Anyone else know where to find these http://www.torhead.com/item/3XUdxhc/tt-16b-master-powertech-legplates#add-comment Gimme a shout!

Cheers

BTW I got some nice purp versions but they are 124 ( or maybe 116??) rating not 126. I have the mods for the legs once I finds em, needs the Oraaaange! haha

Does anybody know of any gear that goes with the Black Talon Hunter's Body Armor? It's a white piece of armor with blue plates on it. I honestly haven't been able to find ANY armor that actually matches it like the other pieces from the Black Talon. There seems to be no *blue* armor. Everything is teal or chrome or cobalt, nothing is actually that nice blue on the armor.

The light-side vendor boots are holding me over, but I was praying for a pair of leggings that had at least a similar blue to them. The rest of the set from Black Talon is Prototype gear, not custom... which makes me sad. =(

Any help?

Well. Im only a level 13 Merc, So this is all I use.

Refurbished Scrapyard everything

Manhunt Blaster

PvP Commendation Blaster.

I came to Kaas with Refurbished scrapyard stuff, and it still hasn't been beaten, So before you jump a Shuttle to Kaas, Check it out by the heavy armor. It is the first actual Ideal BH Armor, compared to like shirts, which you would get in other quests. But when you get to Kaas, and over Level ten, I suggest going into some Alderaan civil wars and getting PvP Commendations and checking out the Commendations vendor in Kaas city, he has a blaster that works like a charm. The Manhunt blaster comes with your Merc packages,

Ideally I look for Armor, like Boba fett type stuff, and helmets are harder to obtain then you think, the first time I got a helmet I was a level 11 and I got it from a Flashpoint. Black talon and Personal challenge are great for getting stuff.

Well. Im only a level 13 Merc, So this is all I use.

Refurbished Scrapyard everything

Manhunt Blaster

PvP Commendation Blaster.

I came to Kaas with Refurbished scrapyard stuff, and it still hasn't been beaten, So before you jump a Shuttle to Kaas, Check it out by the heavy armor. It is the first actual Ideal BH Armor, compared to like shirts, which you would get in other quests. But when you get to Kaas, and over Level ten, I suggest going into some Alderaan civil wars and getting PvP Commendations and checking out the Commendations vendor in Kaas city, he has a blaster that works like a charm. The Manhunt blaster comes with your Merc packages,

Ideally I look for Armor, like Boba fett type stuff, and helmets are harder to obtain then you think, the first time I got a helmet I was a level 11 and I got it from a Flashpoint. Black talon and Personal challenge are great for getting stuff.

If you can get your hands on it, try and get the Black Talon Pulse Wave Blaster...I really like the look and still use it on my level 40 BH...

Does anybody know of any gear that goes with the Black Talon Hunter's Body Armor? It's a white piece of armor with blue plates on it. I honestly haven't been able to find ANY armor that actually matches it like the other pieces from the Black Talon. There seems to be no *blue* armor. Everything is teal or chrome or cobalt, nothing is actually that nice blue on the armor.

The light-side vendor boots are holding me over, but I was praying for a pair of leggings that had at least a similar blue to them. The rest of the set from Black Talon is Prototype gear, not custom... which makes me sad. =(

Any help?

You can use the level 40 PvP pants for it. The back has a spot in red which detracts, but from the front it all meshes.

I just discovered the Black Talon Chest piece today and I'm love. It looks gorgeous after so many weeks of browsing the GTN and finding the same boring dull bland looking recoloured chest pieces (and legs). Always that tube from the back, always that jepack.

The Black Talon armor is absolutely gorgeous, though I don't really jig with the white and blue.

Does anyone know about the same armor in different color?