Guide: (Hidden) Space Bonus Missions

DarthDemens

At least on the Imperial side, the fourth fighter shows up right as you're passing the minelayer at the end. Unlike the other 3, it doesn't come from behind you, making it much harder to see. Without a high level Republic character, the best advice I can offer is to shoot a bit at all the fighters you see about then. If one doesn't die fairly quickly, then that's it. When I do it today, I'll grab a screenshot of the Imperial version. Maybe it's the same.

Hmm, that could be it. Usually I switch from lasers to shield gen and afk for the rest of the mission as soon as I torch the minelayer. I'll give that a try.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, that could be it. Usually I switch from lasers to shield gen and afk for the rest of the mission as soon as I torch the minelayer. I'll give that a try.

Nope, no luck.

I've noticed that some of the heavy fighters that come from behind don't get very far in front of me at all, and I can barely shoot at them before they pull back offscreen. There isn't a "fly slower" button somewhere, is there?

Nope, no luck.

I've noticed that some of the heavy fighters that come from behind don't get very far in front of me at all, and I can barely shoot at them before they pull back offscreen. There isn't a "fly slower" button somewhere, is there?

I wish there was, sometimes. The one's that fly just barely in front of you are all the same fighter though. It comes in and out of view a few times before you'll be able to destroy it. There's only 4 actual fighters in the mission though.

Here's the screengrab. I circled the correct one.

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/6508/screenshot2012032822042.jpg

This is after you finish the first pass on the minelayer, and swing around to see it the second time.

You get two chances at it. Once as you're flying past the minelayer, then again when you come back around to it.

Edited by DarthDemens

This is after you finish the first pass on the minelayer, and swing around to see it the second time.

You get two chances at it. Once as you're flying past the minelayer, then again when you come back around to it.

I can confirm this. You can first see the last Plug-6 Fighter on the first pass of the minelayer. It's in the distance and flies behind the minelayer (heading toward the right side of the screen). After it gets to the edge of the screen, it flies back toward the left and then turns to fly toward you and past you on the left.

You can destroy all 4 targets (with missiles) on the first pass of the minelayer and still have enough time to destroy the Plug-6 Fighter afterwards.

Saleucami Fleet Action / Javaal Fleet Action:

Main: Destroy Ace and Red Talon Fighters - 330 credits, 1 Fleet Commendation

Bonus 1: Destroy Fighters and Frigate Turrets (50) - 198 credits

Bonus 2: Destroy Frigate Shield Generators (8) - 847 credits (lvl 30 min)

Bonus 3: Destroy the Capital Ship Bridge - 2538 credits - Daily Bonus (discovered by Consilem)

Found a New one, use missiles and the Power conversion module.

Name: Neutrailizing the enemie.

shout the brige of the normal flee ships. time a bout 1:40 i blow it up. and about 3000k mony. do i dont know if i gat it for blowing up 1 or moor then 1 brige. i was not counting the stuf. just a bit schooting a roand.

I wish there was, sometimes. The one's that fly just barely in front of you are all the same fighter though. It comes in and out of view a few times before you'll be able to destroy it. There's only 4 actual fighters in the mission though.

Here's the screengrab. I circled the correct one.

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/6508/screenshot2012032822042.jpg

I believe there are two of them. After the first pass of the minelayer, he is going left to right. Then there is also one coming from the 12 oclock postion. But I can not be sure of that as of that point we should already have 3/4 done so won't show up in mission log. Next time I do it, I'll check exp/legacy as they are worth more than normal fighters.

RE: Polith Minefield

OK; know I am both Twitchless and Techless, but cannot be expected to be Psychic. Where is this Bay Door I am supposed to destroy?

There are no illustrated Mission objectives on this one (much like the non-revealed Shield Generators on Frigates, but I digress), have fired humongius volleys of lasers and missles into all the Big Yellow Circles and can even destroy two of them. But somehow the Bay Door ALWAYS comes out without a scratch.

I have looked on vids for aid, but the objective simply vanishes for them; mine always remains no matter which engines catch fire.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Elhanan

can you give a little more info, rep or emp side? and since normal ships don't have bridges what did you shoot at?, i just did emp side a few times destroyed everything and no bonus

Saleucami Fleet Action / Javaal Fleet Action:

Main: Destroy Ace and Red Talon Fighters - 330 credits, 1 Fleet Commendation

Bonus 1: Destroy Fighters and Frigate Turrets (50) - 198 credits

Bonus 2: Destroy Frigate Shield Generators (8) - 847 credits (lvl 30 min)

Bonus 3: Destroy the Capital Ship Bridge - 2538 credits - Daily Bonus (discovered by Consilem)

Found a New one, use missiles and the Power conversion module.

Name: Neutrailizing the enemie.

shout the brige of the normal flee ships. time a bout 1:40 i blow it up. and about 3000k mony. do i dont know if i gat it for blowing up 1 or moor then 1 brige. i was not counting the stuf. just a bit schooting a roand.

can you give a little more info, rep or emp side? and since normal ships don't have bridges what did you shoot at?, i just did emp side a few times destroyed everything and no bonus

I am piloting the Imperial Fury; have Class 5 gear across the board, and only the temp Cloaking device as a special add (apologies from this Trekker).

What I see towards the end is three large Yellow circles in a pyramid design, and these circles seem to be comprised of layered rings. I am able to eliminate two of the rings completely, but can see no targeting indicator for the bay door.

I have attempted this one several times, but do not seem to be able to fire enough moissles in the time given to eliminate all three circles, but after watching vids, I do not believe this may be needed; simply am not able to destroy the bay wherever it may be.

I am piloting the Imperial Fury; have Class 5 gear across the board, and only the temp Cloaking device as a special add (apologies from this Trekker).

What I see towards the end is three large Yellow circles in a pyramid design, and these circles seem to be comprised of layered rings. I am able to eliminate two of the rings completely, but can see no targeting indicator for the bay door.

I have attempted this one several times, but do not seem to be able to fire enough moissles in the time given to eliminate all three circles, but after watching vids, I do not believe this may be needed; simply am not able to destroy the bay wherever it may be.

There are 4 rings, 2 to the outsides, and 2 that almost stack on each other in the center (and slightly higher)

To complete the objectives, you want to destroy the 2 outer circles, and one of the center ones. Lasers and Missiles both work, and the Power Conversion Module helps ramp up damage significantly.

get the Power conversion Module it will ramp up your damage significantly, and then just keep firing blaster as well as missiles then its no problem

OK; will give this a try, as it it is getting quite frustrating.

However, I cannot even make it half way in that other high lvl Mission; run out of shielding quickly.

The new device did the trick for that Mission, though I have seen no need for it in others.

How does one activate it besides using the cursor? With it and the cloaking device, I tend to drift to port when using the Mouse to click on the icons.

And nothing is getting me past the other run; simply need to wait to aquire max items for it.

Thanks for the help to both of you!

Clouds of Vondoru / Zosha Advance

Main: Destroy Capital Ship Shield Generators (4) and Turrets (20) - 4020 credits, 5 Fleet Commendations

Bonus 1: Destroy fighters and turrets (75) - 1526 credits

Bonus 2: Destroy the capital ship's bridge - 2538 credits(CoV awards 0 currently) - Daily (possibly bugged) Bonus

[With the Ship Bridge not awarding credits, unless you have a severe hankering for 680 Legacy XP, my recommendation is to use all 4 torpedoes on the shield generators]

What 4 torpedoes, doesnt the torpedo launcher only hold 3 torpedoes?

To be confirm... Since 1.2, looks like the achenar does not have the 100 bonus anymore.

Flied last night and just did again (Level 39 Jedi) and no 100 bonus...

Even the first 6 ship with circles at the start are not there anymore... bug or on purpose??

Edit: just went with my 47 Smuggler, same thing...

Edited by SergeAyotte

To be confirm... Since 1.2, looks like the achenar does not have the 100 bonus anymore.

Flied last night and just did again (Level 39 Jedi) and no 100 bonus...

Even the first 6 ship with circles at the start are not there anymore... bug or on purpose??

Edit: just went with my 47 Smuggler, same thing...

You get it as a second bonus mission to kill 40 after you have done the first 60

as for the first 6 circled one they are still there but the awesomenes of the programming does so that sometimes you take longer to load in but the mission have started so they have been there and gone again

You get it as a second bonus mission to kill 40 after you have done the first 60

as for the first 6 circled one they are still there but the awesomenes of the programming does so that sometimes you take longer to load in but the mission have started so they have been there and gone again

Thanks Slakke... You are right,just did not noticed the counter reseted after the first 60. Used to have a "100" counter and not seeing it, I assumed wrongly.

At least on the Imperial side, the fourth fighter shows up right as you're passing the minelayer at the end. Unlike the other 3, it doesn't come from behind you, making it much harder to see. Without a high level Republic character, the best advice I can offer is to shoot a bit at all the fighters you see about then. If one doesn't die fairly quickly, then that's it. When I do it today, I'll grab a screenshot of the Imperial version. Maybe it's the same.

Actually there is 5, There are 2 at the end of the mission. I have 3 killed by the time i reach the last mine layer. They are flying pretty far away and are hard to tell from the other fighters but they are there. If you shoot at them and they don't explode right away they are the Heavy fighters.