How bolster ****s the tanks in PvP

Nukle

and another thing... why the **** is it that endurance... the tanks best friend... is commonly high on all classes gear?!?

Because it is designed to make fights longer, make all classes across the board take more dmg.

Bolster as a lvl 33 Powertech Tank gives me about 16-17k HP, a 50i with equip will have way more then that. So bolster only has an effect on lvl 1-49 really not endgame PVP. Also you forget that mitigation is another huge part of our surv.

at 33 i still feel like ißm way harder to bring down then most dps classes.

as it has been said. tanks are not strickly high health alone. If you think having highest health makes you a tank then i dont want you tanking in pvp, pve or even RP.

tanks have mitgations that other clases dont have.

also Bolster does not give armor, you might want to study up before just coming on the forums and spreading yuor qqing around without any ground to back up your complains.

also Bolster does not give armor, you might want to study up before just coming on the forums and spreading yuor qqing around without any ground to back up your complains.

About 30% mitigation outside of warzone, about 60% inside a warzone on my low level vanguard, shield chance and absorption is boosted as well. You might want to reconsider who needs to study some more here.

Edited by Lerdoc

Screenshot please. Really, I am DYING to see this.

You might not know, that bolster is affected by your gear quality in relation to your level.

This means, that an exceptionally geared lowbie has superior stats (skills excluded) to a mediocre geared 50.

When my Assassin hit 40 and I could use the lv40 PvP set, I had close to 17k, buffed. At 41, with the same gear, I lost a few hundred HP again, etc.

Because it is designed to make fights longer, make all classes across the board take more dmg.

Agreed it just turns you into a punching bag since this is what bw classed as balance.

OP should wait to get hit by a channel skill that hits for 3k+ per ticks.

Edited by maximusedward

You might not know, that bolster is affected by your gear quality in relation to your level.

This means, that an exceptionally geared lowbie has superior stats (skills excluded) to a mediocre geared 50.

When my Assassin hit 40 and I could use the lv40 PvP set, I had close to 17k, buffed. At 41, with the same gear, I lost a few hundred HP again, etc.

I have a lowbie vanguard with same-level epics in every slot and I have 12.6k health with Bolster.

I'm armormech. My trooper alt is constantly decked out in purple gear. Nothing like that ever happened. So, provide a screenshot of below 50 with 15k hp or cut your crap.

Screenshot please. Really, I am DYING to see this.

Will try to make one but don´t know if i have time today or tomorrow. Look that is what i remember could be a bit less but I´m pretty sure that it was around 16k, but most other <50 also had around the the same. But still my Mitigation is way higher then a DPS.

And again Bolster will not play a role in the 50 Brackets and Illum.

About 30% mitigation outside of warzone, about 60% inside a warzone on my low level vanguard, shield chance and absorption is boosted as well. You might want to reconsider who needs to study some more here.

In some cases, only bonuses are affected by bolster (because some stats only increase bonuses). That would explain why some people aren't seeing some numbers adjusted; it's because they have zero in the stat that gives bonuses to them.

I'm armormech. My trooper alt is constantly decked out in purple gear. Nothing like that ever happened. So, provide a screenshot of below 50 with 15k hp or cut your crap.

1. Your crafting gear might be as inferior to the commendation gear as it is at endgame.

2. It was at 40, wearing a lv40 requiring item in every single slot except relic (lv38). I highly doubt, that you "constantly" or even once were in the same situation just by crafting your mods/gear (i.e. lvX with lv requirement x gear in every slot, spare relic and mh).

2a. As I am and was darkness specced, I chose the gear, that gave considerably more endurance than main stat, instead of the alternatives. This is something that non-tanks probably don't do, so take that into your consideration as well.

3. Assassins do have an ac skill raising endurance, I guess, but do not know, all classes have an equivalent, though.

4. I use biochem and had a 30ish endurance stim adding another few hundred hp.

5. The situation I described happened at level 40. I cannot take a screenshot of it, as I am lv 50 now.

6. You can just check for yourself by mouseovering your operation in each wz you participate in, checking for toons meeting the criteria you ask for (i.e. <lv50 & >15k hp) - I am sure you'll find some eventually.

7. Cutting my crap is something I constantly strive for. This is why I choose to answer to your request in a polite manner instead of resorting to your level of speech.

8. Iirc, bolster is a relative mechanism not only gearwise, but also concerning the participants, specifically, highest and lowest player (statwise). This means, that a high geared 50 in your wz, boosts your stats, too! It was something along the line "bring the lowest player within 80% of the highest player - correct me, if I got this wrong. Furthermore, this bolstering must take effect before buffs (stim/class buffs).

It was 16.7xx hp including all of the above, plus the other classes buffs (I think sw gives some end, right?), at lv 40. At lv 41 it decreased to 16.3xx or something in that order of magnitude.

I know that many people post 'crap' for whatever reasons they might have and asking for a ss is a legitimate request of proof. Unfortunately I cannot provide such, but I am quite sure, that someone else is able to - since my claim is true.

Believe it or not - I just wanted to clear something up, since many people seem ignorant to bolster's true mechanics.

Edit: Your signature makes me believe, you might not be the most qualified person for such discussions - so I apologize for making you talk about things, you may be unable to grasp.

Edit2: See the highlighted stuff (2a, 8)

Edited by wtfnonamefree

To the people saying that 17k health is possible for sub-50's... I really doubt that.

In my mid 30's, my Vanguard was geared to the teeth. I mean multiple level 30+ epics, modable items with a bare minimum of the best available blue mods, most had epics in it. Epic ear piece, and blue implants. And I was tank specced/geared.

The highest health I reached in a warzone was just shy of 14.5k health buffed.

Edit: Had a brain fart. Epic = Artifact in this post.

Edited by Rheeling