Am I the only one actually enjoying this game?

lucazzy

Level 37 Bounty Hunter Powertech.

I'm absolutely loving this game. People say that it's not innovative for an MMO. While this may be true, it's certainly a lot more fun than WoW, and I know this because I got bored with WoW at level 10. The Class Stories and Voice Acting add a whole new dimension to what would otherwise be a WoW Clone. I'm loving it.

There has to be others that agree with me. There's too many hate threads right now!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm absolutely loving this game. People say that it's not innovative for an MMO. While this may be true, it's certainly a lot more fun than WoW, and I know this because I got bored with WoW at level 10. The Class Stories and Voice Acting add a whole new dimension to what would otherwise be a WoW Clone. I'm loving it.

There has to be others that agree with me. There's too many hate threads right now!

There's plenty of "Am I the only one enjoying this game" thread out there. Just use the sear---oh. Wait, never mind. Go back a few pages. Maybe page 22.

Forums are always overwhelmingly negative. Anyways i am enjoying the game, despite the fact that it has many bugs and flaws.

While there are many thing about this game that puzzle me and I find annoying I also greatly enjoy it. Some of the complaint are of course warranted like the complaints about customer service but in general the game runs for me atleast very smooth and I am having a blast. I do see room for improvent though like adding combat text to the chat for nstance so I can see what is actually going on during fights.

When the topic is brought up in game, it's very positive. I really can't remember one complaint from the forums in /1 chat while playing. So I think many of the constant whiners here have just lost perspective that it's a game and that it's perfectly fine to stop playing at anytime if the game is no fun.

I have, so far, made a Jedi Knight, Jedi Consular, Bounty Hunter, Imperial Agent, Sith Warrior, Sith Inquisitor all in various levels. The only class I haven't tried is the Smuggler.

I'm having a blast. The Sith Assassin/Jedi Shadow reminds me slightly of how my assassination rogue felt like in WoW, so a huge nostalgia bomb there. Except, in SWTOR's case, things are much more balanced.

The classes' feel and story is so immense and gratifying, I bet I will have fun for months to come, even if BioWare stopped releasing content patches.

Well what i can see from most "haters" is that they are so surrounded by World of Warcraft, that they want the same features.. Yet again the other group who think this games looks to much of World of Warcraft..

I believe the problem is, for them SW:TOR have been hyped above the skies that they don't know what they want with the game... Except it should contain every thing THEY want a game to be like..

And by the end of the day, you have a lot of threads saying, nothing exactly about what peoples want, but what they find from another game..

no. you are not. I just did the midgame quest chain for republic, the jedi prisoner thing.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

it didnt matter i was 44 and could solo the thing and it wasn't a challenge. the story, oh god yes.

Okay, what about level 50

Personally, I just can't wait until the free month ends. Maybe the forums will clean up a little. One can hope....

^^

I am with you.. I am getting tired of all the negativity.. I love this game.. It has loads of innovation.. I can't see how anyone can compare it to WOW.. Using that logic, you can compare a Ford to a BMW.. Both are cars.. But neither of them are the same..

I'm really enjoying the game. Running a Twi'lek smuggler who is level 34 right now, and once I hit fifty with him I plan on going through a dark-side storyline. Figure I'll go back and forth until I have at least two lvl 50 characters for each side.

Sure, there's some bugs. A glitch here and there. Give it time, they'll get ironed out. The people raising such a fuss over SWTOR need to go play Glitchrim... er, Skyrim, for a while.

I have a lv 34 Marauder, lv 15 Agent, and all other classes (both imp and rep) between lv 4-8. Loving the game, and I've been lucky with the bugs so far.

I'm also in no hurry to reach the 50, so I'll probably take 2 or 3 chars to lv 45 before capping, giving more time to BW to fix the end-game.

I'm enjoying the game a lot. There's the odd thing that really bugs me (like no flashpoint queuing system) but nothing that'd make me stop playing for now.

I'm loving the game, and haven't had any performance issues with only a single Error 9000 disconnection in Early Access, and only a couple of short queues at that time.

The only thing that concerns me is the evident inadequacy of the customer service arrangements, and I hope they fix that soon. The game itself is great, but no game will ever be truly successful if it acquires the kind of reputation this one is quickly establishing for a complete lack of effective support.

Yo! Totally agree. I love this game. Played World of booncraft for 6 years and im sick of it. it just sux. if you dont like swtor, please leave forums and never come back again. go troll blizzard forums or something...

ill stay here . no matter what happens i will never ever go and play world of warcraft again. This goes to all haters who want WoW- Features: go and play booncraft and stop spamming nice forumthreads with your stupid comments.

To all others.. have fun in swtor, cu there

Yo! Totally agree. I love this game. Played World of booncraft for 6 years and im sick of it. it just sux. if you dont like swtor, please leave forums and never come back again. go troll blizzard forums or something...

ill stay here . no matter what happens i will never ever go and play world of warcraft again. This goes to all haters who want WoW- Features: go and play booncraft and stop spamming nice forumthreads with your stupid comments.

To all others.. have fun in swtor, cu there

It's funny because you call others stupid, but when I quote you the spell checker lights up with red for your post.

Okay, what about level 50

I'll tell you when i get there, but according to members of condemned, that works out beautifully as well.

According to some people, its terrible. I assume its up to your tastes if you like it or not, judging from vastly polarized responses.

If this was sarcastic and you are unhappy with the endgame, well, Good news: you can stop playing.

only issue i have with this game is bugs, and i know they are to be expected, but it seems like BW's kinda dragging feet to fix them. This troubles me.

Not by a long shot are you the only one enjoying the game.

The majority of the community is loving the game!

Your fatal mistake was coming to the forums, and expecting to find butterflies and rainbows...

Haters gonna hate, and complainers gonna complain.

And when their free trial dies, the complainers will go back to wow and/or go to the forums to the next big game to complain about how tor sucked, and (TNBT) will put wow in its place!!!!

Take my approach: See those negative posts, laugh it off. Be sure to find a good guild too, with people who plan to be in the game for the long haul. My guild of 30 came with 30 people playing, and still has 30 people in it.....every single one saying they're gonna be here for a long time, b/c gaming is about the community and the friends you make.......not the ones who are forced upon you. Yes, there's complaints......but nothing that will cause them to hate the game and rage quit because of it.

It's funny because you call others stupid, but when I quote you the spell checker lights up with red for your post.

Albert Einstein had trouble putting on two socks the same color or even combing his hair straight. Guess that proves he was stupid?

By the way, technically there should be a comma after "when I quote you <COMMA> the spell checker . . . " because each clause could exist as a separate complete sentence. In fact, after "It's funny" there could be a comma as well, for the same reason.

Ideally, you could have said, "Golly gee, kind sir, but what you said was rather funny (calling someone else 'stupid'), because I noticed you have a little trouble with your spelling, although on a gaming forum this certainly doesn't directly relate to intelligence."

Or something like that. Too bad there's no grammar checker.

Edited by Sephendrine

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.