take the ******** off the front page

Puppets

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The sales pitch says up to five days and the reality is "at least one day". That is the definition of false advertising. It is inequitable as hell.

Not false advertising my friend and I'm sorry to tell you. Up to 5 days can literally mean, 5 minutes...It is a "sales pitch" as you stated exactly, and any marketing company for any business will do the exact same thing to sell pre-orders. In the words of the East India Trading Company.."Nothing personal...it's just good business."

I'm sure you wanted to point out something but you're all "if" and made-up theories. We're past that stage, I'm afraid. Now we're all about facts.

Which of my "theories", good sir, are made up?

Mathematical proofs are stronger than facts, y'know (using the scientific definition of fact).

First lesson of real life, never assume anything.

Carry on.

Well, when one buys something you'd ASSUME you get clear answers from community reps, get solid information about YOUR playtime (after all, you have paid them). You just expect clarity, and I will not EVER call this situation a clear one.

its not to late why are you posting this crap again.

theres still 6 days of early access left. theoretically you can still have 5 days access.. stop crying and wait like the rest of us to play

Theoretically I could be Jesus too. But I dont write it on walls and certainly I dont expect people to believe it :D

The OP's argument stands.

Edited by Suspirium

Not false advertising my friend and I'm sorry to tell you. Up to 5 days can literally mean, 5 minutes...It is a "sales pitch" as you stated exactly, and any marketing company for any business will do the exact same thing to sell pre-orders. In the words of the East India Trading Company.."Nothing personal...it's just good business."

"Minimum 1 day" is not 5 minutes. It's 24 hours.

Up to "5 days" is still false advertising TODAY (14-12-2011)

If a person purchases the game today he won't get "up to 5 days", he'll get "up to 1-2 day(s)"

Attention; for the last time, we're not talking about people who pre-ordered 1 month ago. We're talking about people who pre-order the game TODAY.

Pay attention

ok. Ill re-post. If it said at least 1 day, you know the people that bought it today would want in today. Thanks for the big fonts

If a person purchases the game today he won't get "up to 5 days", he'll get "up to 1-2 day(s)"

Yes. It's virtually impossible to get 5 days when you preorder on this date. So yeah, that's pretty much a lie AND false advertising all at once.

And really folks, the "up to..." marketing campaigns are very old school, been around forever. You are really shocked to see it for an MMO? I mean come on, really, everyone read the verbage before ever clicking the pre-order button. There was nothing hidden here folks, and you knew it. You all knew it. Stop trying to tell everyone that you are outraged at not getting all 5, now 7, days of EGA. You knew the deal going in. You aren't fooling anyone but yourself.

Don't like the situation? Don't buy the game. You will get no sympathy here because this type of thing goes on in every day life, from buying turnips to playing MMOs. Nothing knew at all, and you are only letting everyone else know that you can't understand very simple things when you rage about this.

Well, when one buys something you'd ASSUME you get clear answers from community reps, get solid information about YOUR playtime (after all, you have paid them). You just expect clarity, and I will not EVER call this situation a clear one.

Pretty clear to me. I deducted that if I was being handed out gifts base on availability, the fact that I was ordering in November when the windows started in July meant that I probably wouldn't get much. And I got it right without even asking anybody!

Hooray!

Tricking people is not good business, It's just a scam. Bioware is not some shady corner store , it's one of the oldest and most respected companies in the industry.

and again, you are wrong

"preorder NOW and get up to 5 days" is implying the chance of 5 days.

with their First Come First Serve system there is absolutly NO CHANCE for someone who preorders today to get 5 days.

its false advertising at its finest. I seriously dont know why its so hard for you to grasp this simple concept.

Edited by blackcerberus

And really folks, the "up to..." marketing campaigns are very old school, been around forever. You are really shocked to see it for an MMO? I mean come on, really, everyone read the verbage before ever clicking the pre-order button. There was nothing hidden here folks, and you knew it. You all knew it. Stop trying to tell everyone that you are outraged at not getting all 5, now 7, days of EGA. You knew the deal going in. You aren't fooling anyone but yourself.

Don't like the situation? Don't buy the game. You will get no sympathy here because this type of thing goes on in every day life, from buying turnips to playing MMOs. Nothing knew at all, and you are only letting everyone else know that you can't understand very simple things when you rage about this.

I call troll.

This person is clearly not trying to understand what this thread is about.

Where do you guys get that if you pre order, say today you only get 2-3 days early access ? for all we know BW could let everyone in tomorrow... so please stop the QQ and get on with your lives... most of the QQ'ers have allready preordered so w-t-f is hurting you *** so much that you gotta comment on an Ad?

To all the positive ppl of this community, hope to see you ingame soon :-)

Point is, they never said HOW or WHEN they were gonna stagger it, just that they WERE going to. Now, we have had the dates announced of WHEN the waves get out just a few days ago, but still no solid information about WHEN we get to play personally. Now, I get that it's a virtual queue and all, but at least in a queue you can visually gather information about how long you'll be waiting. This is like that, only blindfolded. Twice.

EDIT: The being said, I hope my point is clear. It's not about the wait. It's not about my irrational need to play. I'm not mad. I just want some goddamn clarity from BioWare and EA once, instead of the cookie cutter answers we get from "master" public relations artist mr. Reid.

Edited by Ergonaut

and again, you are wrong

with their First Come First Serve system there is absolutly NO CHANCE for someone who preorders today to get 5 days.

its false advertising at its finest. I seriously dont know why its so hard for you to grasp this simple concept.

Because a lot of people love the delicious taste developer-feet.

As has been stated in the other threads on this, yes there has been more, as of today its still 6 days til launch, IF bioware lets everyone in today or tomorrow, then there is no argument to be had. We don't know Biowares plans on the matter, for all we know they could let everyone in tomorrow, thus giving everyone 5 days. Until it is less than 5 days to the 20th, you could get up to 5 days.

Where do you guys get that if you pre order, say today you only get 2-3 days early access ? for all we know BW could let everyone in tomorrow... so please stop the QQ and get on with your lives... most of the QQ'ers have allready preordered so w-t-f is hurting you *** so much that you gotta comment on an Ad?

To all the positive ppl of this community, hope to see you ingame soon :-)

For all we know, BioWare is planning a "smooth launch"

This means no "massive waves of invites" as those we saw in the beta.

This is a fact.

and again, you are wrong

And I don't know why it's so hard for you to grasp that it isn't false advertising. This marketing strategy has been around forever. It's nothing new. Just like clicking buttons to activate abilities in MMOs is nothing new.

Why are youguys not grasping the obvious? If you can't figure out this type of marketing now, I hope one day you do so that you can teach your children how to spot it and make their own educated decision about whether or not to buy the product.

Is your money worth a potential window of opportunity of X days? No guarantee of any specific days, just a potential opportunity. Is that potential opportunity window something that you find value in? If you don't, then wait for the 20th, because that is the only guaranteed day to start playing this game.

True, but you're not proving anything.

Ughh, I proved that the "up to 5" = "true" cannot be a lie if "up to 3 (or any value from set B) = true", which contradicts the assertion I was countering, as I clearly noted in the PROOF(caps for emphasis).

Unless you'd like to correct my proof?

And I still like to hear why my "theories" are made up. Perhaps you're not familiar with transitive relations?

As has been stated in the other threads on this, yes there has been more, as of today its still 6 days til launch, IF bioware lets everyone in today or tomorrow, then there is no argument to be had. We don't know Biowares plans on the matter, for all we know they could let everyone in tomorrow, thus giving everyone 5 days. Until it is less than 5 days to the 20th, you could get up to 5 days.

BioWare's plan is a "smooth launch"

If BioWare invited everyone tomorrow it'd not be part of that plan.

Our point stands.

Ughh, I proved that the "up to 5" = "true" cannot be a lie if "up to 3 (or any value from set B) = true", which contradicts the assertion I was countering, as I clearly noted in the PROOF(caps for emphasis).

Unless you'd like to correct my proof?

And I still like to hear why my "theories" are made up. Perhaps you're not familiar with transitive relations?

You're not proving anything.

Sorry.