Space Combat-Sullust Interception OP

Aberd

I recently unlocked 2 new space missions, Sullust Interception and Polith Minefield (Empire missions). The description for Sullust Interception states that it will be difficult without Grade 3 upgrades or better (Same as several other missions including Mugaar Icefield). However, I have found it impossible without Grade 4 upgrades in all slots. Still, I have to get my ship doing acrobatics on the screen at certain points to survive. To date I have attempted the mission 6-7 times and only successfully completed it twice. I have several guildies who tell me they have maxed out their ship upgrades and still cannot complete it. Please BW tell us this is not as it is intended.

For those wanting to know what I am doing to complete this mission. First, as mentioned, at least Grade 4 upgrades, plus power convertor and the Electronic Warfare Pod (EWP). The first part of the mission is about survival, using missles to take out fighters and keeping your shields up. Where I usually get owned is after the first Destroyer pass and that first big wave of fighters that come at you head on. Save EWP for this point, wait till you see the heavy Jedi Fighter to pop it, put power converter to your weapons, and throw everything you have at that heavy fighter (it hits like a truck). Pound that thing with about 6-8 missles and don't let off you lasers going after everything in sight. Meanwhile, get your ship to do some acrobatics (no joke), keep hitting space bar to do barrell rolls. I haven't conted but at about 1 roll per second, I probably do 20-30 rolls. And I'm going from one side of the screen to the other and back. (I would get sick if actually on my ship.)

Doing all this, I will still come away with 25-35% ship health. If anyone knows an easier way to survive this mission, please let me and the rest of us know. Otherwise, we'll just have to wait for BW to nerf it.

My suggestions to make it doable and still keep it a challenge and fun, reduce the fire power of the fighters 30%. Also, introduce the heavy fighter earlier, much earlier (I mentioned the Mugaar Icefield).

While I'm at it, on the Mine field mission, we only get 1 1/2 good passes at the mine layer before we jump to hyperspace?!? This wouldn't be so bad if, with Grade 4 upgrades, it didn't take 3 or 4 missles and power converter set to weapons to take out each of the required parts.

They are beyond easy.

I finished every single space mission including all bonus's every time first time using nothing but rewards from the space missions themselves and upgrade parts from the upgrade vendor. The cheap credit bought ones. This doesn't make me good it makes you bad.

The only "extra" thing you ever need to buy is the power conversion module. It is only 30 space commendations. Save all the rest of your commendations for lvl 50 epic loot bag because you wont need them for anything else.

Soon as space mission starts hit shift 1 and your good to go. If you really want hit shift 2 during periods of no combat then go back to shift 1.

EDIT: Just read over the rest of your post >< The mine fields only take 1 hit from a laser so just spam it all over the screen. I don't understand how you are getting owned so much, They barely get through shields unless you hit asteroids. Spam your spacebar DO A BARREL ROLL. Get that power conversion unit. Leave it in boost lasers mode.

Edited by LexiCazam
Rude

• 3 weeks later...
wow you and your friends are really really bad. They are beyond easy.

I finished every single space mission including all bonus's every time first time using nothing but rewards from the space missions themselves and upgrade parts from the upgrade vendor. The cheap credit bought ones. This doesn't make me good it makes you bad.

The only "extra" thing you ever need to buy is the power conversion module. It is only 30 space commendations. Save all the rest of your commendations for lvl 50 epic loot bag because you wont need them for anything else.

Soon as space mission starts hit shift 1 and your good to go. If you really want hit shift 2 during periods of no combat then go back to shift 1.

Also stop being bad.

EDIT: Just read over the rest of your post, now I think you are trolling >< The mine fields only take 1 hit from a laser so just spam it all over the screen. I don't understand how you are getting owned so much, They barely get through shields unless you hit asteroids. Spam your spacebar DO A BARREL ROLL. Get that power conversion unit. Leave it in boost lasers mode.

I happen to think you are trolling and that you actually have not done the Sullust Interception mission or you had so much caffeine flowing in your veins that you had split second reaction time, because those fighters coming head on if you try it with what you mentioned you will surely die, that is assuming you live to get to that point. I tried it with grade 3 upgrades from the vendor and failed, just couldn't do enough damage to kill the ordinary fighters before they turned back and started firing at your ship.

I tried again with all crafted grade 4 upgrades, the EWP and the weapons booster and managed to do it but had less than 1% ship hp left. Upgraded to the Armek Ship Armour (purple, artefact 3250 armour and blasters do +5 damage per shot) and still can barely get through it.

I was barely doing it with grade 2 ship armour before the "fix" that lowered it's armour from 3000 to 2100. With grade 4 armours I had 2600-ish ship hull and i seriously don't think it is doable with anything less than 3000 ship armour, just those head on packs will destroy 3k hull armour in seconds, and the EWP only lasts long enough to combat one of those packs.

I find the easiest way to do it is to leave my blasters in OP mode switching back when i can to regen shields faster. After the first capital ship pass, use the time just there after you leave the cap ship to speed regen shields then quickly switch back to powered blasters. Spam barrel rolls, missiles and everything you got at the head on pack number one. When they pass or you kill them just as you go for pack 2 use the invulnerability and do the same, then take out the heavy fighter. You should get through that area with 75% ship health left, then you can lose up to 50% in the 30 seconds leading up to the second cap ship pass if you don't take out the ships before they turn back on you and fire at you. This is the point where I die mostly because i stuff up an earlier part and don't have the hull strength to get past that.

I am now able with almost perfect execution to take out the 12 cap ship turrets and the 60 fighters. But as for putting 20 missiles in to the cap ship's bridge for the hidden bonus, stuff that. Maybe at level 50.

I think that the mission is too hard for level 40 and certainly too hard for grade 3 upgrades. The AI fighters need to have their damage done nerfed by at least 30% and their HP nerfed by 30%. As it stands the heavy fighters in the minefield mission are weaker than the standard fighters in Sullust Interception.

The mission is now green to me in my quest log at level 44 and I can die before the first capital ship pass if I stuff up even a moderate amount. Bioware, either change it to read grade 4 or higher upgrades and change the level of it to level 45, or nerf the normal fighters HP and damage done by 30% and re-evaluate. maybe 30% is too much, but as someone who is totally frustrated with dying repeatedly because I wasn't 100% perfect on reaction time makes me not want to play the game. I'd understand if it was a Heroic 2+ space combat mission and you should be taking 2 players in to it, then grade 3 upgrades would be suffice, but not as a solo mission. It is clearly out of whack because no other mission with the same difficulty listing on the briefing page has the same strength normal fighters.

Ohh yeah and Harrower you cant have read the Original post too good. He wasn't referring to the mines in the minefield mission, he was referring to the main objective to kill the Mine layer's bays and engines. They take around 10+ missiles plus blasters in powered up mode to kill one, I can generally kill both engines and almost get the bays dead (one I actually managed to kill everything on the mine layer ship but to do so you have to ignore all small fighters and mines from the very instant your target cursor turns red while targeting the mine layer ship.

Ohh and the default controls for the space craft action bar is not <SHIFT>1 through to <SHIFT>4 it is simply 1 through to 4.

In essence, missions should not be designed to where you must have split second reaction times and have to half destroy your keyboard's space bar and mouse's left and right buttons just to beat them. Leave that style difficulty for hard mode operations for those people who choose to seek out extra difficulty. Or make hard mode space missions for those who want things to be super difficult. The entry level version of a mission obtained while levelling should not have that sort of difficulty jump. It is miles above any other mission in the game that comes before it.

Greetings-

I am not sure what your issue is, but I too had no issue with the Sullust Interception mission when I had all grade 4 crafted pieces + power conversion module. The electronic warfare pod makes it much easier once you hit 45, but the epic crafted pieces are by no means mandatory.

By comparison, the later space missions even with all crafted epic pieces are significantly harder. You really have to get good at barrel rolling out of fire while still shooting your targets. It takes some getting used to an on-rails shooter. Best of luck!

Regards,

Androvis

Edited by Androvis

Ugh - I gave up trying that mission (republic side, but same thing), come around to the part where all the ships (and the big heavy hitter) pop up, hit the warfare pod, and fire blindly because all I can see is laser fire blasting in my face until I die. I can't even see the ships coming at me at that point, just mass flash - and bobbing/weaving/barrel rolling doesn't help - or at least not for me. I've survived the onslaught a time or two, but failed the mission because I didn't kill enough fighters.

Edit: and I'm using the grade 5 stuff. Never claimed to be a great twitch and play gamer, so it may just not be doable at my reaction levels.

Edited by Speedwash

I recently unlocked 2 new space missions, Sullust Interception and Polith Minefield (Empire missions). The description for Sullust Interception states that it will be difficult without Grade 3 upgrades or better (Same as several other missions including Mugaar Icefield). However, I have found it impossible without Grade 4 upgrades in all slots. Still, I have to get my ship doing acrobatics on the screen at certain points to survive. To date I have attempted the mission 6-7 times and only successfully completed it twice. I have several guildies who tell me they have maxed out their ship upgrades and still cannot complete it. Please BW tell us this is not as it is intended.

I did not read the rest, but what? Seriously what is the issue? You want to complete all missions in the first 2 tries, else it is IMPOSSIBLE (bit of a strong word when you COMPLETED it twice)...

Wow really? I have done it MULTIPLE times with no issue whatsoever, you just need the proper ship upgraded and the shield regen that you can toggle on and off. I will post a video on this thread when I get home from work of me doing these space missions, and completing with at least 50% health left and full shields.

It is easy if you use the tools provided and point and click

The grade 3 missions are easy. Honestly, I have never even lost my shields on any of the none grade 5 missions (there are 3 of them).

2 things

1) Shoot things that are going to shoot you, there is never a time where you shouldn't be shooting AND things can be shot. They can't shoot you if you make them explode.

2) Use wsad and spacebar to dodge incoming fire. It takes both, just pressing spacebar does nothing, you still get shot. Also, going back and forth will still get you shot, go in cirlces. ie W D S A repeated forever, hold each key long enough to move your ship as far as it will go in that direction (relative to the mouse), spamming spacebar along the way.

You're going to be hurting when you get to the "hard" ones.

Yep-- level 3 upgrades are going to make it hard (which I believe was your point-- not that you can upgrade your ship to where those missions are easy).

BTW, I love how you always have that random guy who pops up and says it was a piece of cake. I'll bet they're the same guys who are 1-Uppers at parties, constantly trying to top other peoples' stories with made up ********. lol

Edited by PibbyPib

Just use your immunity shield when the first wave of a bajillion fighters are flying at you. You should always be in blaster mode at all times unless you're out of combat. Killing them faster is a far better way to mitigate damage. Shoot lots of missiles on that part too.

It wasn't a walk in the park. IIRC I just BARELY survived the first time I did it, but it's much easier than Aetan Defense for example. I actually died a couple times figuring that one out (though it's an absolute joke once you put epic upgrades on your ship).

Edited by Putok

A few words of advice:

- switch power from lasers to shields and vice versa

- when shooting, use laser power, otherwise it (EDIT: Shooting in shield mode) is pretty useless (use rockets only, if necessary)

- when not shooting, switch to shield energy. Don't shoot when loading shields. Always load shields when not shooting, even for 1 second.

- IMPORTANT: Get the "can't be targeted for 10 seconds" thingy. This will go a loooong way for survival. Use it, shoot down everything in your path, then after 10 seconds go to max shields and roll like a pro (just hitting space is of no use, need to do it all across the screen)

I do not have an EMP pack, and there were a few missions where I had to find out which targets to choose, when to fire, when to load and just survive, and when to fire and pop the stealth. And, basically, sometimes only loading shields and shooting rockets helps a lot. And in some missions there are so many fighters that a power laser + 1 rocket approach is best. (like the late drexel mission on Rep side).

So just try different approaches

1. Learn how to survive (and without the stealth thingy, you wont)

2. Learn how to survive and reach mission goals

3. Learn how to survive, reach mission goals, reach bonus goals and having fun

Nothing bad in losing, but trying the same over and over again and expecting different outcomes.

Edited by _Flin_

I happen to think you are trolling and that you actually have not done the Sullust Interception mission or you had so much caffeine flowing in your veins that you had split second reaction time, because those fighters coming head on if you try it with what you mentioned you will surely die, that is assuming you live to get to that point. I tried it with grade 3 upgrades from the vendor and failed, just couldn't do enough damage to kill the ordinary fighters before they turned back and started firing at your ship.

I tried again with all crafted grade 4 upgrades, the EWP and the weapons booster and managed to do it but had less than 1% ship hp left. Upgraded to the Armek Ship Armour (purple, artefact 3250 armour and blasters do +5 damage per shot) and still can barely get through it.

I was barely doing it with grade 2 ship armour before the "fix" that lowered it's armour from 3000 to 2100. With grade 4 armours I had 2600-ish ship hull and i seriously don't think it is doable with anything less than 3000 ship armour, just those head on packs will destroy 3k hull armour in seconds, and the EWP only lasts long enough to combat one of those packs.

I find the easiest way to do it is to leave my blasters in OP mode switching back when i can to regen shields faster. After the first capital ship pass, use the time just there after you leave the cap ship to speed regen shields then quickly switch back to powered blasters. Spam barrel rolls, missiles and everything you got at the head on pack number one. When they pass or you kill them just as you go for pack 2 use the invulnerability and do the same, then take out the heavy fighter. You should get through that area with 75% ship health left, then you can lose up to 50% in the 30 seconds leading up to the second cap ship pass if you don't take out the ships before they turn back on you and fire at you. This is the point where I die mostly because i stuff up an earlier part and don't have the hull strength to get past that.

I am now able with almost perfect execution to take out the 12 cap ship turrets and the 60 fighters. But as for putting 20 missiles in to the cap ship's bridge for the hidden bonus, stuff that. Maybe at level 50.

I think that the mission is too hard for level 40 and certainly too hard for grade 3 upgrades. The AI fighters need to have their damage done nerfed by at least 30% and their HP nerfed by 30%. As it stands the heavy fighters in the minefield mission are weaker than the standard fighters in Sullust Interception.

The mission is now green to me in my quest log at level 44 and I can die before the first capital ship pass if I stuff up even a moderate amount. Bioware, either change it to read grade 4 or higher upgrades and change the level of it to level 45, or nerf the normal fighters HP and damage done by 30% and re-evaluate. maybe 30% is too much, but as someone who is totally frustrated with dying repeatedly because I wasn't 100% perfect on reaction time makes me not want to play the game. I'd understand if it was a Heroic 2+ space combat mission and you should be taking 2 players in to it, then grade 3 upgrades would be suffice, but not as a solo mission. It is clearly out of whack because no other mission with the same difficulty listing on the briefing page has the same strength normal fighters.

Ohh yeah and Harrower you cant have read the Original post too good. He wasn't referring to the mines in the minefield mission, he was referring to the main objective to kill the Mine layer's bays and engines. They take around 10+ missiles plus blasters in powered up mode to kill one, I can generally kill both engines and almost get the bays dead (one I actually managed to kill everything on the mine layer ship but to do so you have to ignore all small fighters and mines from the very instant your target cursor turns red while targeting the mine layer ship.

Ohh and the default controls for the space craft action bar is not <SHIFT>1 through to <SHIFT>4 it is simply 1 through to 4.

In essence, missions should not be designed to where you must have split second reaction times and have to half destroy your keyboard's space bar and mouse's left and right buttons just to beat them. Leave that style difficulty for hard mode operations for those people who choose to seek out extra difficulty. Or make hard mode space missions for those who want things to be super difficult. The entry level version of a mission obtained while levelling should not have that sort of difficulty jump. It is miles above any other mission in the game that comes before it.

Okay...

the Sullust Interception when you first get it is a little difficult, but it's supposed to be, when I got it it was still red in the quest log. To be fair, the loading screen isn't exactly accurate when it says you need level 3 upgrades.. more like you need grade 4 bare minimum, grade 5 preferable.

I wouldn't say it's OP or hard necessarily although the first few times I flew it I did crash and burn. But by the time you're 50 and you have full grade 5 upgrades it's one of the easier missions to do actually. Initially it can be challenging but this mission and all subsequent missions are about managing your PCM (Power-Conversion Module) and your specials to maximize your effectiveness.

My tactic goes like this.

Mission starts turn PCM to guns

Missile and blast the first 6 fighters and take out the single.

Keep guns on and blast and missile fighters until the cap ship at which poiont you can either try to take the turrets out asap or just switch PCM to shield-regen.

Either way you need to regen your shields right after the cap ship and missile the 4 fighters that buzz by. Initially I just ignored the cap ship bonus and regenned my shields using 8 missiles to take down the 4 fighters before you crest the asteroid. (2 missiles take out one fighter in this mission.)

As you crest the asteroid your shield should be as full so switch PCM to guns, but your shield is going to go down fast so be ready with your immunity special ( if you don't have the immunity module GET ONE, otherwise you're probably not going to survive). Your first objective should be to take out the cruiser that flies by because he can shoot backwards and does a lot of damage, unload missiles and blast away.

What I like to do here is let my shields fall off and hit my immunity as soon as they do, then pop your EMP (which you may or may not have yet) and blast and missile away while continuing to move around for when the immunity falls off.

After you get past that initial group of enemies it's kind of hectic but you can manage by missiles and full blaster fire on the rest of the fly-bys until you get to the cap ship again which may or may not have a lot of guns by now. if you're low on health just switch PCM to shield regen or take the opportunity to take out the remaining turrets and sail smoothly to the jump point.

This mission is really easy once you know how to do it and when to time your abilities, I dont think it needs a nerfing it just might need it's objective screen changed to a more appropriate grade level.

The minefield is also very easy. You know the EMP will blow the mines like crazy right? and you have enough time to pop this once at the beginning which automatically yields you around 96 mines and then again at the end so you don't have to worry about them and you can focus on the minelayer which after the EMP pop you don't have to work so hard on taking out it's objectives, but trust me when I say you actually only need one pass on the minelayer, two if you're slow to light it up.

Also

Extra Note: people may or may not be aware that you can use WASD to move your ship separate from your targeting icon and still use the mouse to aim, giving you added mobility.

Edited by HavenAE

For those wanting to know what I am doing to complete this mission. First, as mentioned, at least Grade 4 upgrades, plus power convertor and the Electronic Warfare Pod (EWP). The first part of the mission is about survival, using missles to take out fighters and keeping your shields up. Where I usually get owned is after the first Destroyer pass and that first big wave of fighters that come at you head on. Save EWP for this point, wait till you see the heavy Jedi Fighter to pop it, put power converter to your weapons, and throw everything you have at that heavy fighter (it hits like a truck). Pound that thing with about 6-8 missles and don't let off you lasers going after everything in sight. Meanwhile, get your ship to do some acrobatics (no joke), keep hitting space bar to do barrell rolls. I haven't conted but at about 1 roll per second, I probably do 20-30 rolls. And I'm going from one side of the screen to the other and back. (I would get sick if actually on my ship.)

Doing all this, I will still come away with 25-35% ship health. If anyone knows an easier way to survive this mission, please let me and the rest of us know. Otherwise, we'll just have to wait for BW to nerf it.

My suggestions to make it doable and still keep it a challenge and fun, reduce the fire power of the fighters 30%. Also, introduce the heavy fighter earlier, much earlier (I mentioned the Mugaar Icefield).

While I'm at it, on the Mine field mission, we only get 1 1/2 good passes at the mine layer before we jump to hyperspace?!? This wouldn't be so bad if, with Grade 4 upgrades, it didn't take 3 or 4 missles and power converter set to weapons to take out each of the required parts.

One tip to rule them all.

When your launching missiles dont hold down the missile button, point and spam it... Things die alot faster that way and I found missions to be twice as easy after I started using this method. Might seem so simple that you find it unlikely, but give it a go.

Also for survival, move around the screen alot, you can't just point and shoot and expect to survive everything.

You need Stealth mode. Pop the stealth mode (anti targeting device thingy whatever its called) and fire away with energy on the lasers. Shoot 4-6 rockets into each of the 3 required things. Ignore the fighters.

I did it with only the basic upgrades you buy from the vendor (that means no proton/converter/emp/d). It's not hard, use your missiles to take out the bombers and shoot at the bombers that are not missile locked. Don't be afraid to buy stuff from the AH, it is better then the vendor gear.

I wish I did have a power converter when I did it, since I bought one I just faceroll over the missions. They are so easy they need to add more bonus objectives/higher difficulties.

Edited by Blurble

Just use your immunity shield when the first wave of a bajillion fighters are flying at you. You should always be in blaster mode at all times unless you're out of combat. Killing them faster is a far better way to mitigate damage. Shoot lots of missiles on that part too.

It wasn't a walk in the park. IIRC I just BARELY survived the first time I did it, but it's much

You're right the immunity module is an absolute must for this mission. If you don't have it don't bother.

BTW: First time I actually survived Sullust I missed the mission by just 1 fighter, I felt so defeated.

Doing 'acrobatics' is part of your survival. You make it sound like it is a negative thing. If you saw a missile coming straight for you would you not attempt to roll out of the way? I say roll in a sense that space has three axis (X, Y, Z). I have yet to fail a space mission and I am currently level 48. I have all Grade 5 components in my ship, but I believe the first time that I did Sullust Interception I was using Grade 4's. Save your missiles for tough targets. Don't waste them on regular Ships. 99.99% of the missions that are currently in the game I run with Increased Blaster Damage (from the Fleet Commodation item). My shields rarely go beneath 15%. Easier missions you can kill a single star fighter in one shot. Tougher missions they take two shots. Ships with shields take about 4 shots. Try it out. Don't hold the trigger down 100% of the time either or your shields will not recharge. Just because an enemy ship enters the screen does not mean you need to kill it right away. Let your shields recharge for a few seconds and then proceed to shoot it. Conserve your shots too. (Yes, I know that you do not have ammo, but it seems silly to hold the trigger and shoot something 20+ times when it only takes 1 or 2 shots to kill it. :D).

Perhaps you should try changing your mouse sensativity if it is just a matter of not getting your target reticule over the enemy quick enough. I have been finding it difficult to find out what players are actually doing in Space when they are having difficulties. Without seeing a video or watching them live it is kind of hard to tell what is happening and why they are having difficulty. I leave you with a few tips once again though:

- Let your shields recharge! Don't hold the trigger down 100% of the time.

- Save missiles for tough targets. With all power diverted to your Guns you should be able to kill star fighters in 1 or 2 hits depending on the mission. Don't waste missiles on 1 hit enemies.

-If you're in trouble then switch your power to Shields and stop firing until they are at full.

-Use the EMP Generator if you get overwhelmed by lots of enemy ships. I have yet to need it but it could help those who are having difficulties.

-Don't stay in one spot. Yes your mouse can move your ship all over, but use your movement keys as well. Mouse up/left while pressing A+W with a barrel roll is a good way to quickly (I should say very quickly) get to the top left of the screen to avoid asteroids or blaster fire.

You're right the immunity module is an absolute must for this mission. If you don't have it don't bother.

BTW: First time I actually survived Sullust I missed the mission by just 1 fighter, I felt so defeated.

Rofl! That happened to me too. I didn't know whether to be mad or be ashamed of myself.

Edit: I chose to be ashamed of myself.

Edited by Oneeve

Actually he is right. Sure it may sound like he is trolling because he came off rude but he is right never the less. If you use the power conversion module you should be able to take out any star fighter in 1 or 2 hits (mission difficulty depending). Not seeing the ships that come straight at you until the last second is something totally different. They give you plenty of time to see them. They appear as almost yellow 'dots' on the screen in the distant and they give you plenty of time (almost too much time at some points) to see them and even kill them before they start firing. You should also not be staying in one spot if enemy fighters are firing at you. That just seems kind of silly.

Dont want to sound like a douche, but you must be doing something wrong.

Get more missiles and use them as much as you can. Barrel roll all the time, use a power converter to make it easier to regen your shield.

Also, there is an item I cant remember the name that allows you to be untargetable for 10 secs....this one is a must.

Even though this isn't my thread, love the info ya'll have posted. I figured when I get parts crafted alone i'd be in good shape. Glad you mentioned some other well-needed parts and their functions. Kudos for the good non-troll info.

TIL that people are completely incompetent when it comes to space missions. Both the Sullest Intercept and the Polith Minefield were challenging with level 3 upgrades and easy with anything above that. I haven't bought ANY of the special upgrades (power converter, electronic warfare, etc) and still had no problems...

Pro tip #1: When the waves of fighters come in Sullest Intercept, don't fly directly into their lasers. Try moving around.

Pro tip #2: Right-clicking fires missiles. Use them.

Pro tip #3: Don't fly into the asteroids.

Edited by DannyInternets

A few words of advice:

- switch power from lasers to shields and vice versa

- when shooting, use laser power, otherwise it (EDIT: Shooting in shield mode) is pretty useless (use rockets only, if necessary)

- when not shooting, switch to shield energy. Don't shoot when loading shields. Always load shields when not shooting, even for 1 second.

- IMPORTANT: Get the "can't be targeted for 10 seconds" thingy. This will go a loooong way for survival. Use it, shoot down everything in your path, then after 10 seconds go to max shields and roll like a pro (just hitting space is of no use, need to do it all across the screen)

I do not have an EMP pack, and there were a few missions where I had to find out which targets to choose, when to fire, when to load and just survive, and when to fire and pop the stealth. And, basically, sometimes only loading shields and shooting rockets helps a lot. And in some missions there are so many fighters that a power laser + 1 rocket approach is best. (like the late drexel mission on Rep side).

So just try different approaches

1. Learn how to survive (and without the stealth thingy, you wont)

2. Learn how to survive and reach mission goals

3. Learn how to survive, reach mission goals, reach bonus goals and having fun

Nothing bad in losing, but trying the same over and over again and expecting different outcomes.

I love this advice. However, I had no clue that you could do things like switch power between lasers and shields. How does one switch to shield energy?

I love this advice. However, I had no clue that you could do things like switch power between lasers and shields. How does one switch to shield energy?

Greetings-

You first have to buy a power conversion module from the starship upgrade fleet commendation vendor in the fleet. Its level 35 req and sells for 50 commendations I think?

It shows up on your space missions hotbar as the first two hotkeys. The first is lasers, the second is shields. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Androvis