Why is SW:TOR an MMO?

TheTurniipKing

I mean, short of the obvious explanation that EA would really really like some of that sweet, sweet subscription cash, I'm seeing exactly jack **** in the gameplay that justifies a recurring monthly subscription fee. Edited by LexiCazam
Avoiding the filter

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya once your story ends so does the game...

you can hit level 10 and do all of the endgame pvp! sorry lvl 15-16 when u get ur ship u can do everything... forgot it takes one of those to travel to ilum...

and no you wont die in ilum no pvp actually happens there

Well they have to pay for server upkeep, pay their devs, pay their CS, pay their community people (basically their whole staff probably wants to get paid). They have to make up the money they spent developing the game.

Since this is in fact an MMO despite what people would like to claim.

Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game.

You are constantly Online with thousands of other players, you have flash points in which you have to play along with other people Online, almost like it's Multiplayer, to beat the content. The game is Massive in it's size, scope, and number of players. Finally it's a Role Playing Game.

well..MMO

stands for Massively (there are a buttton of subscriptions )

Multiplayer ( you can play with a bunch of people online, up to 4 at any given time)

Online (yep. I need an internet connection to meet that requirement)

so simply by disecting the term MMO ..it fits completely..

it may not be YOUR ideal MMO..but face it..it is still an MMO.

Let me guess, we can't cancel the automatic recurring subscription were were forced into by the setup process without calling Customer Support either, can we?

You can cancel it from your account options on the website. That is obvious to anyone who has looked for it.

I suppose you could contact CS as well but that seems unnecessary.

Let me guess, we can't cancel the automatic recurring subscription were were forced into by the setup process without calling Customer Support either, can we?

you could have easily bought a time card.. or do the logical thing and change your credit card information on your my account section of the site here. shrug.

Thousands of other players you say?

That's odd, since I play on one of the very few servers listed as FULL or VERY HIGH the game still manages to feel incredibly lifeless.

Probably because when there's more than 90 people on a planet they make a new instance, for no reason what so ever.

Giving Bioware the tools for an MMO was a cute idea on paper, but they've just gotten almost everything wrong.

Edited by Kamiosoup

That's odd, since I play on one of the very few servers listed as FULL or VERY HIGH the game still manages to feel incredibly lifeless.

Probably because when there's more than 90 people on a planet they make a new instance, for no reason what so ever.

Maybe they are avoiding you?

Giving Bioware the tools for an MMO was a cute idea on paper, but they've just gotten almost everything wrong.

That's odd because at peak times all the EU servers are full or very high, and every time i'm online there are hundreds of people in each area.

Its instanced for the time being, they plan to remove the instancing.

Don't ask for proof, its somewhere here on the website and it has been posted before. I am just too lazy to look for it (and there is no search function still)

You can cancel it from your account options on the website. That is obvious to anyone who has looked for it.

I suppose you could contact CS as well but that seems unnecessary.

My bad. I assumed the "cancel" button would be among the "change subscription" options, rather than it's own button. I cheerfully retract the statement.

well i played wow for 5 years. i quit cuz i played it so much for 5 years.

bought this game, only to log in to the same game

I quit WoW because it became stale and boring to me. Yet when i logged into this game I feel as though I'm not simply playing the same ol' grind. So I am sorry that you find no joy in this game but I am sure one day you will find something you like to play.

when u cancel there is a seperate category "game felt like a Singleplayer", so Bioware allready knows whats up.

I'd probably have a lot more time for it if it was singleplayer. or Multiplayer.

Star Wars just isn't something I want to subscribe to and grind through - even parts of KOTOR were more of a slog than I'd have liked.

Edited by TheTurniipKing

This is your opinion. I am not saying no improvement or expansion in some of the current content is required, but I am having a blast playing this game. I think overall they've developed a pretty good game. This is the only MMO I've actually played and enjoyed. And no I am NOT just running around solo. I am grouping up so much that without grinding at all my current character is lvl 25 and I am only 1/2 way through Balmorra.

Edited by onstorm

If you went datacron hunting, you would realize this game is actually a platformer.

If it's a platformer, it's a rubbish one in which parts of the world vanish if you stand in the wrong place.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u226/TheTurnipKing/Screenshot_2012-01-03_11_28_51_049980.jpg

If it's a platformer, it's a rubbish one in which parts of the world vanish if you stand in the wrong place.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u226/TheTurnipKing/Screenshot_2012-01-03_11_28_51_049980.jpg

Working as intended, you're supposed to do a flying somersault into the air, land on an invisible plane, and grab the datacron floating randomly in the air.

you could have easily bought a time card.. or do the logical thing and change your credit card information on your my account section of the site here. shrug.

If your account is under suspension you cant even do that yet can post on forums. Its a bit of a joke to be honest.