The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Are you serious with this "big" patch

Starglide

People are used to Blizzard's long patch cycle and wait times for new patches. If Bioware's 1.1 patch comes out next week, and they consistently roll out updates this quickly, I'll be quite happy with the size of the updates.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

""Game Breaking Bugs??""Huge Fixes, Patches that are bad for us?""Updates are going to end us?" "Daily maintenance is a bad thing?" lawl HEFFA-LUMPS??!! AND WOOZLES???" /oh-my

I guess it's true when they say ignorance is bliss. I haven't experienced one single bug that would keep me from playing the game I paid for and subscribed to. I understood what I was getting into when I joined another MMO. Huge patches and fixes and updates? Um, this game just hit store shelves buddy... expect it.

Is there a "MMORPG Games For Dummies" book?? I think someone needs some help, poor guy :( /kleenex He just wants to play :/ that much is TRUTH! :p

Edited by StillOne

Some of these replies are laughable. I am worried about the game.

Stop saying "They will fix it". The game shouldn't have been released with this.

Did you know that TOR is planning to loose over 20% of subs on top of the "normal" sub drops from post free 30 days?

Pay attention to what is going on.

MMO newbie.

And just how is this game "Broken?" I know with certainty that I can log into my Bounty Hunter and play for hours on end without one glitch or bug keeping me from having a blast. Unless the game is down for updates, fixes, or maintenance. I tested this game and have been here since day one and have fully enjoyed my experience. I'm getting my 50 cents per day of gaming brother... believe that. 50 cents per day! yay us! Some of us are old enough to remember going to the Arcade to get our game on and blowing $50+ on pac-man and Galaga no less lol, those were the days.

Some of us have been here before... that's right, I'm looking at you. :eek:

Edited by StillOne

Do you realize how large and complicated these programs are? Take a game like Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, widely considered one of the best games of all time.

On it's release, Oblivion had *hundreds* of bugs in it. Some of them game-breaking. Years later, there are *still* several dozen bugs in it despite the developers' best efforts.

Most bugs were patched by the community. Just saying.

Edited by Ommm

ITT: The OP missed the whole post about new raid bosses being added, new difficulty modes being added, etc...

Which means squat-diddly-all to most players, especially at this point when so many are below the level cap. And it will still mean squat to many of them when they do cap out, simply because they won't reach that content.

Personally I feel they had their chance and have blown it.

Why so fast?

The reason is that mmo's have been around for a very long time and every dev should know by now what needs to be done , how a game should be made and that End content and PvP are the 2 most important parts of the structure... these are the areas that people will be playing in for the largest time.

The PvP is very dire with critical mechanisms not working , too many stuns / interrupts etc. etc.

Real PvP should just be people killing each other and having fun about it , not people being perma stunned or interrupted or 1 hit... yes I did say 1 Hit (possible exploits here) , despite bioware saying that pvp was different!

Anyway I have put my money where my mouth is and cancelled my sub ... plenty new and very unique mmo ideas coming up soon.(talking complete overhauls here)

Which means squat-diddly-all to most players, especially at this point when so many are below the level cap. And it will still mean squat to many of them when they do cap out, simply because they won't reach that content.

There's a new flashpoint coming, guess that doesn't mean anything either:rolleyes:

Do you realize how large and complicated these programs are? Take a game like Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, widely considered one of the best games of all time.

On it's release, Oblivion had *hundreds* of bugs in it. Some of them game-breaking. Years later, there are *still* several dozen bugs in it despite the developers' best efforts.

This got me thinking... Anyone remember Daggerfall?

Trion, the guys who made Rift, proved you can launch an MMO almost bug-free. It was the smoothest launch ever. Any major bugs were stamped out promptly, no loitering around.

Edited by spacepuppy

The new bosses will be bug ridden.

The new FP will be bug ridden.

Bioware can't fix bugs themselves, EV and Bonetrasher proves this.

You can't copy chars to PTR.

Ergo, we'll have new bugs on top of older bugs that wont get fixed because the oldest bugs are still in game in between bugging the attempts to fix the gamebreaking core gameplay issues.

Vicious cycle.

Personally I feel they had their chance and have blown it.

Why so fast?

The reason is that mmo's have been around for a very long time and every dev should know by now what needs to be done , how a game should be made and that End content and PvP are the 2 most important parts of the structure... these are the areas that people will be playing in for the largest time.

The PvP is very dire with critical mechanisms not working , too many stuns / interrupts etc. etc.

Real PvP should just be people killing each other and having fun about it , not people being perma stunned or interrupted or 1 hit... yes I did say 1 Hit (possible exploits here) , despite bioware saying that pvp was different!

Anyway I have put my money where my mouth is and cancelled my sub ... plenty new and very unique mmo ideas coming up soon.(talking complete overhauls here)

I don't get this argument.

Bioware didn't adhere to the mmo formula well enough, so they suck?

But then you go on the say that you don't want the same tired formula.

The new bosses will be bug ridden.

The new FP will be bug ridden.

Bioware can't fix bugs themselves, EV and Bonetrasher proves this.

You can't copy chars to PTR.

Ergo, we'll have new bugs on top of older bugs that wont get fixed because the oldest bugs are still in game in between bugging the attempts to fix the gamebreaking core gameplay issues.

Vicious cycle.

You are correct. It's hopeless!

So what are you still doing here exactly?

Do you realize how large and complicated these programs are?

They promised ALL of us they would not release the game till the is ready. If this is ready I'm curious as to what they will consider finished, along with end game content....

Hmmmm 2011 - 2009 = 5 years?

Before another trolls says something. Oct 08 till now is not 5 years either. But some of us knew this game was coming before then.

BioWare continued to patch and add new content to Neverwinter Nights for FIVE YEARS. These new games are complex and never completely finished. It's just the way it is, man. Get used to it.

They weren't charging monthly to play NWN. And the community fixed more bugs and added more content than Bioware could have ever managed.

You want to charge money to play your game, you step up your idea of "quality" and what is "expected"and earn that money.

Edited by Zorvan