Favorite Romance Relationship in SWTOR?

shinder

Indeed. Only reason I never pursued him, but I would have...thankfully you can tell Quinn your relationship is over. I hope BW respects that with future content patches/expansions...and if I ever get the opportunity, I will kill Malavai.

Ah that's going to be tricky to write around, as some choose to end it and some choose to forgive him. I hope they're up to it :)

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I adore Quinn.

And the whole thing with him betraying me didn't really bother me. It made sense and my character forgave him. If anyone is interested, I have a link to a fanfic I wrote about it in my sig.

I've also gone though Torian's romance. Suuuper cute. It was a great deal of fun. I'm part way into a romance with Corso and he is utterly adorable, and I'm lvling a JK like a fiend to try to get to Doc, cause that romance looks really fun. Why does it have to be so far in?! I watched my friend romance Vector and that was OMG cute. I've seen videos of most of the romances and overall I gotta say I'm impressed. Granted I'm a sucker for romance of nearly any kind. The only one (at least for the female romances, don't know about all the ones for the guys) I've gotta say I've been wholly unimpressed with is Lt. Iresso for the JC. It just looks boring.

Kaliyo's relationship thing seems a bit... off. My Chiss Agent needs to have half naked women applied to his body at regular intervals, and despite how flirtatious and sassy Kaliyo gets, she still gets jelous even though she's the same as me?

Anyway, my current favorite romance arcs are with Kira and Aric. Aric I HATED from when I met him on Ord Mantell onward, but once he starts thawing out that frosty personality he shows he does indeed have a sense of humor. Especially that scene where he's rifling through your stuff and the flirt options involve underwear.

Kira's romance has been great to my main (level 40 JG), Though I've been using her less and less in favor of Doc because he keeps me alive. Still, I am hoping for a happy ending between us, seeing as we were thwarted in the marriage thing because she was not born into the Jedi Order and thus, not eligible to marry another Jedi.

Ashara Zavros for LS-aligned Sith Inquisitor. Only character I've completed so far, but I'm working on two others.

My first impression was a 6/10 because I didn't feel the whimsical tone of her character introduction quite fit the "dark and perverse" themes and sorceries even of a LS-aligned Inquisitor (she was presented as a female alien Luke Skywalker who happens to be tempted to the "dark side"), but later interactions and their philosophical dimensions raised it to an 8/10.

Can't help but feel there was a lack of climax to the romance, but I suppose that is a lure for the expansions and patches.

Edited by DarthCraeth

So a question for those of you who have played the game enough to romance a companion character at least once. What romance relationship, either male or female, do you players find the most compelling and well...awesome? One of the reasons I love Bioware RPG's is because of some of the great romances that I feel really make the overall storyline of the game much more compelling and interesting--say, for example, the Revan/Bastila romance storyline in KOTOR 1, or the Shepard/Ashley romance in ME1, which I also thought was very well done.

What are your guys' favorite romance relationships in this game so far? I was watching vids of the Sith Warrior's romances with Dark sided Jaese and light sighted Vette and, no offense to any Jaese or Vette lovers, couldn't stop laughing. Vette is voiced so cheesily at times and I find it hard to imagine her in a "romantic" relationship with a Sith Lord, even if he has a heart of gold. On top of that, I think that any dark-side romance is usually terrible..dark sided sith are just far too angry all the time to be involved in anything as 'peaceful' or even emotionally fulfilling as love.

So, what are your favorite love interest stories in this game so far, on both male and female?

Shep and ash bahaha ash has nothing on Liara. LIARA WE LOVE YOU!!!!! Mass Effect 3 GOGO. But on another note, Nadia ehh I'm still deciding. If i did go ahead with her I'd think id feel guilty because tech I'm cheating on Liara and that wont do. :) plus there's the whole jedi "There is no emotion only peace".

Shep and ash bahaha ash has nothing on Liara. LIARA WE LOVE YOU!!!!! Mass Effect 3 GOGO. But on another note, Nadia ehh I'm still deciding. If i did go ahead with her I'd think id feel guilty because tech I'm cheating on Liara and that wont do. :) plus there's the whole jedi "There is no emotion only peace".

Don't misinterpret that line. It means to CONTROL your emotions, not to purge them. Also Jedi are allowed casual sex. Have fun!

I'm a female Imperial agent just starting my romance with Vector. I'll tell you later how he is! He seems to be the calm and diplomatic kind of guy, and alien in his mind, so... it's kinda strange but exotic at the same time, I'm curious :) I think he's quite good-looking, too. Reminds me a bit of Thrawn but human version :D

omg Im not the only one! Human Thrawn ftw. Damn me for rolling a male AI! God his romance looks awesome too. Hoping that he's an option for SS relationships in the future :p. preferably before I finish his story arc. Only level 34 with my AI and I honestly think he's one of the better story companions in the game. (I've played SW to 43, JC to 24, and a BH to 16 so it might not be saying much) Every time the screen goes black while my AI and Vector are on some crazy adventure in Killik town I get shivers about what he says. Creepy and intriguing at the same time, and he's totally cool with it when you call him out on it, its great.

My fav romance I've actually experienced though, would be Quinns. The SW make fun of him, he flusters, she laughs and continues to needle him. Its endearing. Especially when he finally breaks and you allow him to kiss you. Nothing funnier than seeing a body type 2 male try to sweep a body type 3 girl off her feet XD. My husband laughed his *** off at that part when I showed him. He also has an interesting character conflict in the late game, worth playing out for sure.

And I will totally agree about Talos. He is by far my favorite companion and I wish he was romancable. Once, I asked him if he were flirting with me and he was like "oh no! never!" and I cried a little inside :p I just pretend he's gay.

I hope he is gay :p. If that happens Im rolling a male SI. That man is bloody adorable, but I've only seen him talk throughout my buddie's play through of her SI. He's also my type, cause he's in my field and just as excited about it. I too couldn't watch when my buddy destroyed all the artifacts...

It's close, but so far, preferring the Male Consular romance, because it's such a glorious trainwreck in progress and so wrong on so many levels. If Anakin had been a girl, and had a thing for Obi-Wan... this is how it starts.

THIS.

I'd abort this relationship in a heartbeat if I knew how. My only "desire" for more affection is so that Nadia will run missions faster.

THIS.

I'd abort this relationship in a heartbeat if I knew how. My only "desire" for more affection is so that Nadia will run missions faster.

You can giver her gifts, ya know :p

I do find the Kira/Nadia romance arcs a bit creepy. They're both your padawan and come off as being 12, especially Nadia!

I've been thinking about this some more. I've been leveling up a female sorcerer and using Andronikos as my active companion (holy moly we kill fast together) and this guy is really starting to grow on me. I haven't used a single flirt with him (I wasn't interested in romancing him, still not sure I do) but this guy is pretty cool.

I actually just got affection with him for flirting with the sith on Alderaan, and I was kinda impressed by that. I think I actually like his personality, which is in complete odds with how I felt about him during beta. I lost as much affection with him as I could in beta, I just couldn't stand him, but he's staring to win me over.

Any other inqs out there romancing Andronikos? How'd it go?

Temple felt extremely rushed. You don't get her till Hoth and after about four or so ship conversations (gaining Affection with her was stupidly easy because every "For the Empire/Yes, sir!" option gives you 55 Affection) I get the option to say I love her and after two more she wants to marry me.

After being stuck with the whining ***** that is Kaliyo from Level 9, having a character who perfectly matched the personality of my character was a breath of fresh air. At the same time, I felt she fit just a little TOO perfectly which meant every conversation was either my Agent or her agreeing with her entirely. There isn't really any hidden depth you get with other characters, all her cards are laid out on the table infront of you from the start and the business with her father is quickly washed away under the carpet and never heard from again.

Again, I think this was had a lot more to do with how late in the game you get her than bad writing on BioWare's part but it still comes quickly (Heheh) and feels unnatural.

I'll agree with you on a lot of points. Since you get Raina a bit later, the romance can feel somewhat rushed.

(Spoiler tagging the rest, LOL)

However, there is a bit of depth to her and her romance because of her father. She doesn't talk about her father, but it's evident by an e-mail she gives you later on that she's very paranoid. In my Agent's conversations with her after her father is killed, though she didn't explicitly mention him anymore, she became much more pessimistic than what I had previously expected out of her (ie, "I don't want to lose you on some nameless satellite somewhere," a comment made out of the blue after a seemingly pleasant dinner date). Because of her own personal situation about being force sensitive, being on the run from the Sith, and what happened with her father and all, I think she's extremely paranoid what might happen to anyone she gets close to. And of course, IA can assure her that nothing will come between them.

Given the time restraints because of how late you get her in your party, I can understand why it did seem rushed, but I think there was a lot of nice subtleties in the romance. I am also glad that it doesn't end with a "HAVE MY BABIES" conversation. :p

Also might I mention that Raina is freaking gorgeous?!

Edited by RinjiRenee

I've been thinking about this some more. I've been leveling up a female sorcerer and using Andronikos as my active companion (holy moly we kill fast together) and this guy is really starting to grow on me. I haven't used a single flirt with him (I wasn't interested in romancing him, still not sure I do) but this guy is pretty cool.

I actually just got affection with him for flirting with the sith on Alderaan, and I was kinda impressed by that. I think I actually like his personality, which is in complete odds with how I felt about him during beta. I lost as much affection with him as I could in beta, I just couldn't stand him, but he's staring to win me over.

Be careful about skipping flirt options with any romancable companion, as after a while you will lose the option of romancing them altogether. I had no interest in romancing Anronikos with my female Inq, so I just chose the dialogue options he liked but that weren't flirting, and eventually I was firmly planted in the "friend zone" and the romance branches never even came up in conversations with him. After finally getting his affection maxed (why are there so few weapon gifts on the GTN?) I completed his arc along what I assume is the same path that males get.

Andronikos couldn't hold a candle up to Khem Val's manliness... <3

But no, in all seriousness. My character is a male Sith Inquisitor, so my romance options are restricted to Ashara - But the problem is that she's a Good-aligned character, while my character is Rank 3/4 Evil. So, it's hard to get affection with her through other means then Companion Gifts, though I've always used those on Khem Val, since I've practically used him for everything so far...

Well so many people told me about Saganu that now I really can't wait to meet him. For those who understand what I'm talking about.

I'll switch my game from french to english jut for him :) (maybe he has a nice voice in french too, I don't know. I should try)

Risha, I love the subversion of the Princess trope and the dynamic she has with my Smuggler is great. The way it has built up since their first meeting has really worked for me.

I do think she suits some of the alternative appearances a lot more than her default though.