Favorite Romance Relationship in SWTOR?

shinder

In a statement on the forums, SWTOR Senior Online Community Manager Stephen Reid posted the following:

"Due to the design constraints of a fully voiced MMO of this scale and size, many choices had to be made as to the launch and post-launch feature set. Same gender romances with companion characters in Star Wars: The Old Republic will be a post-launch feature. Because The Old Republic is an MMO, the game will live on through content expansions which allow us to include content and features that could not be included at launch, including the addition of more companion characters who will have additional romance options. (Emphasis ours.)"

You must be new to MMOs.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've played through most of the Kaliyo romance so far and... it's rocky... but I really appreciate it. It's a clear sign of NPC independence. They no longer rely on the PC for their direction. And for all the issues of "cheating" and whatnot, I can never see my Imp being the type of guy to settle down with a nice woman and have some kids, and he's just been around and with Kaliyo so long that it just makes sense. Besides, it's not like he hasn't slept with every Sith woman they've encountered. XD All he's done differently is been open about it.

Corso is the other one I love so far. He's just so damn adorkable. And he gives me moddable GUNS. You can't get much better than that. You really can't.

Yeah, I can imagine that that must really suck. I was definitely more than surprised that Bioware decided to omit the ability to have homosexual relationships in the game. It's kind of been a thing that they've never had a problem with before. Didn't they say they're incorporating it soon, though? That's good news--you get to re-roll a whole new character to get romance options all over again! :p

Yeah, I was so looking forward to having my female imperial agent have a lesbian relationship. I mean come on, how is Kaliyo not at least bi-??

I have romanced Doc, and boy is he entertaining! :D He is horribly corny and sleazy but I find him hilarious. Lines like:

"We're like two asteroids on a collision course. All that's left is... colliding."

and...

"Those jedi robes are pretty spacious...think we can hide a little Doc in there?"

:p

Though as predicted in the end he...

Falls in love with you and "want to spend the rest of our lives together, like the Wookiees."

Aww.

Just starting with Corso who is the polar opposite but just as fun! Such a sweet naive farmboy and easy to love!

Edited by Boosterdog

I liked Malavai best too at the start, but I think Bioware really really dropped the ball on fixing the story when they took out death as an option.

Your character is married to a guy who tries to kill them, but Bioware doesn't let you divorce him, doesn't even let you get away from him with a restraining order (carbonite freezing) or anything, but forces your SW to continue sleeping in closed quarters with him, while he continues to send personal letters, which become really creepy after someone has tried to kill you. And no I didn't spoiler that, because it's so very screwed up it should have come with big red warning spoilers from the start.

I think Corso is my favorite now, he's sweet, cool with my smuggler being the boss, and I love the blasters. The only thing that gets on my nerves with him is when he always tells enemies 'fight me fair' as if we don't pretty much start most fights out by ambushing, shooting first, and wiping the floor with the poor underpowered foes as it is.

Thanks for the earlier info, I think I'll make a Bounty Hunter next.

The only thing that gets on my nerves with him is when he always tells enemies 'fight me fair' as if we don't pretty much start most fights out by ambushing, shooting first, and wiping the floor with the poor underpowered foes as it is.

Well. He's an honest fella. Just 'cause you're a smuggler doesn't mean his is! XD I don't take the combat shouts too seriously.

Oh I know, I tend to ignore the combat shouts for most characters too, but the concept on that one keeps me rolling my eyes (and I do like hearing 'That's right, I gotcha' in his sweet farm-boy drawl), Malavai's were easiest on the ears tho. Mako's are the worst, I have a hard time ignoring how annoying they get. I don't even notice Khem anymore, even though he is so big I click on him all the time when I try to loot so he talks more often than any other companion I use. I have resisted playing Jedi, but I've wondered about that droid a few times, as most droids I've come across in game are some tragic comingling of C3P0 and Jar Jar.

*edit*

I am considering picking up a Jedi for Doc, all the stuff I've read about him reminds me a bit of the doctor Ton Phanan from the Wraith part of the X-wing series, and I was always sad that he died without finding a girl after he tried so very hard with his cheesy cheesy lines.

Edited by Karaiblis

I tried a female smuggler, but I just couldn't stand Corso's chauvinism. Throughout Ord Mantell he had no problem killing men in cold blood because they wronged him, but you shoot a woman for similar reasons and he acts like you're some kind of monster. He thinks women are all innocent, fragile creatures that need him to protect them. Dear 1950s, I think you left someone here. Please take him back.

My female SI seems to have the bug with Andronikos someone mentioned earlier, as he stopped talking to me a long time ago. I hadn't planned on romancing him in any case, as I found his character rather bland. He's basically Dragon Age's Oghren, in both voice and personality, but without the drunken shenanigans. In other words, without the part that made Oghren fun and stand out as a character. Instead he's left being the boring "Rrrr, let's start a fight and kill people for fun!" archetype I've seen too many times. Maybe he gets fleshed out more and becomes interesting the more you talk to him, but as I said he's giving me the silent treatment, and I'm ok with that.

I would have liked to try romancing Talos, though. His boundless enthusiasm for uncovering lost history was fun. Sadly, I could not.

The Kira romance is great, left up to my imagination due to a bug thats apparently gone unresolved since the first beta.

P.S. We have 2 kids and a house with a white picket fence on Dantooine. :p

There is a fix for that which should make next patch assuming it doesn't break anything on the test server.

Jorgan. I haven't used a single other companion in 36 levels, and don't plan on switching for the following 14.

ETA: in addition, he doesn't care if you pick LS/DS--he fits perfectly with my sorta-LS/neutral trooper. I wanted her to be a good soldier, who does what's best (most of the time) regardless of the outcome. He's all about getting the job done and so is she, though she has a bit of a temper.

Edited by Nhala

The Kira romance is great, left up to my imagination due to a bug thats apparently gone unresolved since the first beta.

P.S. We have 2 kids and a house with a white picket fence on Dantooine. :p

What part of the story line do you activate it?

i love torian and corso, but my favorite has to be Aric Jorgan.

He starts out this cold, distant, seemingly unfeeling guy, and by act three is the absolute sweetest thing. Melting that ice cube was super fun.

It's really fun making him jealous on Nar Shaddaa, and how flustered he gets trying to defend himself.

I guess being in the military makes me like this kind of guy anyway, but there's just something about the transformation of Aric Jorgan that makes me miss him since my guild rolled empire...

i love torian and corso, but my favorite has to be Aric Jorgan.

He starts out this cold, distant, seemingly unfeeling guy, and by act three is the absolute sweetest thing. Melting that ice cube was super fun.

It's really fun making him jealous on Nar Shaddaa, and how flustered he gets trying to defend himself.

I guess being in the military makes me like this kind of guy anyway, but there's just something about the transformation of Aric Jorgan that makes me miss him since my guild rolled empire...

OK, here I am a couple days later...changing my mind. hey, i'm a woman, it's allowed.

I just finished the Vector romance on my IA...and this is now my new favorite. It's just so sweet, and the VA is so incredibly well done, it really got to me.

Aric is still a close second, but yeah...Vector. *sigh*

I tried a female smuggler, but I just couldn't stand Corso's chauvinism. Throughout Ord Mantell he had no problem killing men in cold blood because they wronged him, but you shoot a woman for similar reasons and he acts like you're some kind of monster. He thinks women are all innocent, fragile creatures that need him to protect them. Dear 1950s, I think you left someone here. Please take him back.

The funny thing is, he doesn't even bat an eye when you kill that girl on Ord Mantell who betrays you. I extorted credits out of her, then shot her in the face anyway, because she was slime. The most I got from him was "Huh! Guess I have a lot to learn about women."

Sometimes he CAN be a bit baffling with his refusal to allow me to put a blaster-hole in the skull of some woman who screws with me, but I just grit my teeth and think "But he's got so many other endearing qualities...I'll just kick him in the *** later."

I haven't gotten to the romance part with him yet (though he did drunkenly admit to liking me a lot, which was very cute), but I'm looking forward to it. My BH on the other hand is in a 'relationship' with Mako, whether or not Mako knows it. :) Once they add a same-gender relationship though, her affection might/will shift! Mako's her current infatuation. *nod*

Temple felt extremely rushed. You don't get her till Hoth and after about four or so ship conversations (gaining Affection with her was stupidly easy because every "For the Empire/Yes, sir!" option gives you 55 Affection) I get the option to say I love her and after two more she wants to marry me.

After being stuck with the whining ***** that is Kaliyo from Level 9, having a character who perfectly matched the personality of my character was a breath of fresh air. At the same time, I felt she fit just a little TOO perfectly which meant every conversation was either my Agent or her agreeing with her entirely. There isn't really any hidden depth you get with other characters, all her cards are laid out on the table infront of you from the start and the business with her father is quickly washed away under the carpet and never heard from again.

Again, I think this was had a lot more to do with how late in the game you get her than bad writing on BioWare's part but it still comes quickly (Heheh) and feels unnatural.

Edited by WhoDaresWins

I actually liked Nadia. Her personality is very similar to a girl I know so that might be it. And my JC being a Miraluka, kind of adds to the interesting nature of the relationship. He sees her for who she really is(since they see through the force) One of my favorite scenes was her complimenting the JC, and the comment "No one seems to respect or thank you for all that you do, I figured I'd do it." Real sweet character.

Now I wish we had her as a companion sooner, and that it had more conversations. But overall it was sweet and fit my particular character.

Now what I do hope is when Bioware adds new content, adding additional conversations with companions would be nice(maybe increase the cap to 20k instead of 10k) I think that'd a smart move seeing as story is the main draw of this game.

Vette is my fav, I wondred if I should go for Jaesa for a bit, but I dont really like the voice over...

Vette is funny, challenging she kept me from going all the way dark side, she is extremely helpfull in combat for a low dps juggernaut...

I really like the romance with her. There is alot of funny parts and even after you reached 10000 and did everything I still have a blast reading the emails she sends me lol.

Oh and by the way, Sith being to angry to feel love? People have the conception and (its understandable because of the movies etc) that Sith are all angry. My Sith has nothing to be angry about, emotions can vary, nothing says in the code to only have neagtive emotions or passions. On the contrary, it would be the Jedi: no emotion there is peace bs anyone who has been in any realtionship will tell you there is no such thing. If you have no emotions and you have peace, your either dead, delusional, or not in a living relationship (blow up doll, undead, etc.)

So Sith love is by far the best, sorry Republic scums, its just the way it is... :p

We are lovers and fighters