Favorite Romance Relationship in SWTOR?

shinder

Vette is my fav, I wondred if I should go for Jaesa for a bit, but I dont really like the voice over...

Vette is funny, challenging she kept me from going all the way dark side, she is extremely helpfull in combat for a low dps juggernaut...

I really like the romance with her. There is alot of funny parts and even after you reached 10000 and did everything I still have a blast reading the emails she sends me lol.

Oh and by the way, Sith being to angry to feel love? People have the conception and (its understandable because of the movies etc) that Sith are all angry. My Sith has nothing to be angry about, emotions can vary, nothing says in the code to only have neagtive emotions or passions. On the contrary, it would be the Jedi: no emotion there is peace bs anyone who has been in any realtionship will tell you there is no such thing. If you have no emotions and you have peace, your either dead, delusional, or not in a living relationship (blow up doll, undead, etc.)

So Sith love is by far the best, sorry Republic scums, its just the way it is... :p

We are lovers and fighters

This pretty much sums up everything I feel about Vette and the Sith side.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't actually had the pleasure of doing a romance thing yet, but I will say that I'm totally bummed that I have only one option - Dr. Fuzzystache. I'd much rather romance Sergeant Rusk or something.

I know they said they plan on implementing same-sex relationships in the future (which I'm surprised it wasn't included at launch, but who knows), but does anyone have any idea whether they plan on making companions who are currently not romanceable, romanceable? Is that even a word? :p

I really, really don't want Dr. Fuzzystache. Thinking of rolling a smuggler so I can romance someone else (Corso, I like him).

Blah!

Vette is my fav, I wondred if I should go for Jaesa for a bit, but I dont really like the voice over...

Vette is funny, challenging she kept me from going all the way dark side, she is extremely helpfull in combat for a low dps juggernaut...

I really like the romance with her. There is alot of funny parts and even after you reached 10000 and did everything I still have a blast reading the emails she sends me lol.

Oh and by the way, Sith being to angry to feel love? People have the conception and (its understandable because of the movies etc) that Sith are all angry. My Sith has nothing to be angry about, emotions can vary, nothing says in the code to only have neagtive emotions or passions. On the contrary, it would be the Jedi: no emotion there is peace bs anyone who has been in any realtionship will tell you there is no such thing. If you have no emotions and you have peace, your either dead, delusional, or not in a living relationship (blow up doll, undead, etc.)

So Sith love is by far the best, sorry Republic scums, its just the way it is... :p

We are lovers and fighters

I believe it was I who said that thing about being too angry to love, but you misinterpreted what I was trying to say. I was trying to say that DARK SIDERS are too angry to love. I was watching a youtube video with the Dark side Jaese romance options--horribly laughable. The conversations just feel awkward and stiff--it's like when you watch two people you really hate that make your life miserable eat each other's faces--it's just gross and feels weird and awkward.

That being said, I can't disagree with you about the Sith love. In fact, so far, I really think that all of the Sith storylines >>> the Republic storylines. Which really disappoints me, because all I wanted to do when I first got this game was play as a Jedi Knight or Jedi Consular and rid the galaxy of evil and be an awesome good guy :p

Personally as a Jedi I'm really enjoying the romance story with Kira. I hope they develop it more and more over time with lots of content patches including more after 50.

Happily married middle aged guy with kids...but I'm a sucker for a good romance story. :)

Same boat and yep, I too like a good romance. I can't wait for more to develop in the story line in future patches either.

Then there's Torian Cadera. He's the reason my bounty hunter ended up a female. I tried playing the BH as a fellow and Mako is nice enough. I can definitely see why she'd appeal to a guy. But Torian blew me away, as I was going along with my woman BH. Their first flirtation has her tossing him over her shoulder onto the ground and grunting out a complaining, "Men," to which he calmly lays there, looking up at her, saying, "I deserved that." It was awesome.

Eh, Mako is okay. Her actual storyline is way more interesting (no spoilers, but it's very well done) than romancing her wherein she has about all the facility of the socially awkward computer nerd she is. About as unfulfilling as the Risha romance for Smugglers, actually.

Which is odd when you consider that the worst relationships really ought to be the ones involving Jedi.

Kaliyo is just nuts. It's really difficult to get the hang of what dialogue answers she will condemn or applaude. For her, people are resources to be used up for fun or profit. Not sure how it will end as im at about 8500/10000

Yeah, I was so looking forward to having my female imperial agent have a lesbian relationship. I mean come on, how is Kaliyo not at least bi-??

KALIYO SPOILERS

sort of towards the end of kaliyo's storyline you find out several of her ex-partner's were female, and its fairly well implied that she is in a relationship with them imho

END SPOILERS

Well so far I have only finished leveling my SW. I actually really enjoyed the romance with Quinn, I am a sucker for military men and he is very military. I do hope they do something soon to fix the current "end" of the arc because it makes the whole thing awkward and seriously just hanging there. His slight awkwardness was really cute and the times I got to tease him bit in the conversations was to funny. Plus I really like black hair with blue eyes.

I just started playing with my SI so only have Khem Val so guess I will have to see how that one ends up playing out, as well as my IA (both female).

It will be awesome when they add more to romances and more options as I am kind of a hopeless romantic and love the cheesy stuff.

I enjoyed the Malavai Quinn romance but it ends weird, in fact I'm not sure whether or not the characters are even still married. (Does anyone think that what happens with Quinn is appropriate? Especially as the romance companion for females, it's just confusing storytelling, not really enjoyable.)

The Quinn romance was great, and I wonder if I had chose other options (ones not fueled by anger) if there would still be some sort of relationship. After that little fluff that went down with Quinn I was able to start up a relationship with Pierce, so it worked out.

The Quinn romance was great, and I wonder if I had chose other options (ones not fueled by anger) if there would still be some sort of relationship. After that little fluff that went down with Quinn I was able to start up a relationship with Pierce, so it worked out.

Well there really is no relationship with Pierce; yes a one night thing, but it doesn't initiate any following conversations or letters.

I forgave Quinn at the end of the betrayal conversation and even flirted with him, so I suppose our characters are still technically in a relationship. (That's the last thing we ever say to each other, he doesn't even chime in during the Baras confrontation.)

As far as Piece, oops Pierce, I still got the option to sleep with him so it's not as if it was dictated by my decision to keep or dump Quinn. I only went for it because in my mind, it was the only revenge she could take on her husband. Especially since she's light and wasn't allowed to choke him even a little, haha.

But hey Pierce is a fun character too, maybe they'll add something there in the future for those who didn't forgive Quinn.

I've only just begun the romance storyline with Lt Iresso on my Consular, but so far it's been awkward and a little... disappointing.

I find it disappointing because after a one-night stand with Tharan Cedrax, I find my character acting like some virgin that won't do it before she gets married. So weird. Tharan is much more entertaining though! I find his wit and voice more attractive than Lt. Iresso.

Unfortunately, Tharan doesn't believe in the Force, thinks its crazy talk. Which makes no sense to me, since he sees every day what the Force can do riding along with a Consular.

I was doing a Voss quest, where I must go through the Mystic Trials. I had forgotten Tharan was with me, as I do most of my questing with him. I must help heal another would-be mystic, where I would have to give up some of my strength. Tharan started in on "Who believes this hokey stuff! Why do you have to do this?" I actually thought it was his way of showing concern.

Instead, I escaped out of the dialogue and brought in Iresso. Who, at the same point in the dialogue said.. "What? No, you're too important! I mean... to me, you're too important!" Awww!

Anyway, I wish I could get rid of Holiday, or just let her know a new woman, a real woman is in town!

I am loving what I've been hearing about Corso, I believe a smuggler will be next toon. Gives me a better reason to go to a Cantina for RP!

Instead, I escaped out of the dialogue and brought in Iresso. Who, at the same point in the dialogue said.. "What? No, you're too important! I mean... to me, you're too important!" Awww!

Awww. :) I lost affection with Quinn on that one myself, though he never says a word about it. So typical of him. I swear, was his voice actor getting paid by the letter or what?!

For me it is Doc., hands down at first I was getting worried that all he wanted was to firt but I stuck with it and it turned out to be so sweet later

Hmm...yes, I had heard that he was a bit of a sleaze, which totally turned me off. I don't actually have him as a companion yet. I'm just hoping they either flip the switch on existing companions so that you can romance them, or add new ones in relatively soon. If I had my 'druthers, my JK would date/marry/whatever another Jedi (preferably an alien), not some womanizing doctor.

And what's with so many of the females' options in this game being human? Many of us like aliens, too!!! Perfect example: Garrus Vakarian. <3

I'm a girl but I decided to play a male agent just so I could romance Kaliyo and find out more about her. She kinda reminds me of Jack from Mass Effect, who I liked so much that I had to make a male Shepard just to do that romance.

It makes sense to me that Kaliyo would be bisexual. I just got the game though so I'm not very far and I don't know how it will turn out yet.

I'm a girl but I decided to play a male agent just so I could romance Kaliyo and find out more about her. She kinda reminds me of Jack from Mass Effect, who I liked so much that I had to make a male Shepard just to do that romance.

Same here with Jack! She's the only thing that could make me play dudeshep. I've just met Kaliyo as a female Agent and I cannot believe she isn't bi, they'd better patch that ;) Also sad I can't romance Kira as a woman, because for once it's not so much the creepy Master/Padawan relationship and you're pretty much equals. I'm not willing to put in so much time in this playing a male character... takes a lot longer than a ME2 playthrough, after all.

I was really surprised by how much I liked romancing Corso. I don't usually romance male characters at all. His old-fashioned attitude annoyed me at first but I have grown to like him a lot, there was a lot of character development there imo. He's a breath of fresh air compared to a lot of the male Bioware LIs because he's cheerful and positive and doesn't embody the whole Carth-Onassi-I'm-So-Conflicted stuff... He and my smuggler will adopt some streetwise orphans then drive them to pacifism via daily lectures about blaster maintenance and how anyone that says particle beams are not the best is a lying liar.

Edited by IsThisForever

It's close, but so far, preferring the Male Consular romance, because it's such a glorious trainwreck in progress and so wrong on so many levels. If Anakin had been a girl, and had a thing for Obi-Wan... this is how it starts.

*thinks for a min* O_o That describes everything I know of that relationship perfectly in a very distrubing way. I am now looking forward and dreading my Consular playthrough more than before.

I haven't finished any of the romances yet, but: my Light Side male Sith Warrior is totally in love with Vette (and while he's normally totally ruthless in an honorable sort of way he's a huge dork around her, it's cute). So far, this is my favorite romance. Maybe my favorite since Jaheira in Baldur's Gate II.

Also, my Dark Side female Imperial Agent is totally having tons of hot casual consequence free sex with Kaliyo. No, it's never, ever shown or mentioned in game, but c'mon! :rolleyes:

It probably says something about me that all my male characters are nice guys who want to settle down with a nice woman and start a family, while my female characters are completely amoral and will sleep with anything with a pulse.