Favorite Romance Relationship in SWTOR?

shinder

Corso is indeed very sweet and treats the captain as a lady. We are on lvl 25 and he asked

"May I have permission to seek your hand?". the quest was "Courting a Captain"

. That was not my idea for my smuggler's personality and story, but hmm, I think I like the idea and I will continue gathering the affection points with Corso. Bought the social white dress set on Coruscant, just in case...

Edited by Burana

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't gotten to a very high level with my male Sith Assassin yet, so tell me: can you romance your master Lady Zash?:o

You don't want to do that... trust me.:mon_trap:

My favorites:

Male smuggler and Akaavi Spar

Just for the intense thrill and danger that must be involved when making love to a Mandalorian huntress. Plus, she is very understanding, never once threatening to kill him after finding holo-recorders during that tussle they had in the ship's smuggling compartments. Finally, and this is the most part, I read that marriage is considered a form of recruitment in the Madalorian culture. That means that I now have two Mandalorian characters, my bounty hunter being the other. Also, her jokes are hilarious.

Male Sith Warrior and Vette

"I found my old shock collar. Come on"

That one line at the end made it all worth it.

Edited by GusVIII

It does break my SW's heart (and confuses me as a player) if the whole love and marriage thing was insincere. I'm tempted to fanwank it into him being afraid of being in love and he's freaking out over losing control of himself. Thus he attempts to rid himself of the thing that affects him so deeply and makes him feel weakened and less effective as an officer.

I like that, lets go with it. Now if only Quinn would say it eh? :S Why do video game fans always have to finish the stories in their heads? I don't understand why they would think "sorry, my bad" would be sufficient. Ah well, fanfic to the rescue.

:p the droid thing was just a joke! and okay i guess i will have to wait a long time kinda before any romance, well since there is no same sex romance Right now, is there a male companion for the hunter?

Torian Cadera is my favorite of the romances. He joins the hunter's crew immediately following Taris. He's an absolutely perfect romance companion for the female hunter, fits the story very very well.

I am really surprised that so many people like Torian. I have actually taken to calling him Borian because his conversations bore the heck out of me. I feel like my character flirts like crazy with him and he gives almost nothing back. The voice actor is also pretty famous yet Torian seems almost completely monotone. I think it may be because I have taken my bounty hunter of a mostly dark side/ anything for the credits path so Gault is actually my favorite companion. He has the funniest reactions in the game and I really wish that after you finish his story there would have been an opportunity to romance him. My bounty hunter is also usually pretty snarky so she fits well with Gault.

Maybe I was just spoiled for Bioware romances by Alistair

As female IA I must say that I really like Vector Hyllis and whole romance story around this relationship.

He may be a bit weird at start, but I love how story with him develops. I play Chiss, so Vector's 'alien' side suits me very well. Also, after dealing with loads of creepy/hypocritical/double-faced/cruel characters it's very nice to have someone who is actually different and do not want to kill everything.

Nuff to say, in my point of view his the best companion out of all IA and I really hope for more interactions with him in future patches :)

I just started playing SWTOR, and my first character is a Jedi Consular/Sage. The quests are very immersive and I started getting into my character. This includes the quest where two Jedi/Padawans on Tython were involved in a secret romance with each other. These sorts of relationships are highly frowned on by the order, so I have maintained a Jedi mindset with all my character's choices.

My Consular’s first companion was/is Qyzen Fess, an honorable Trandoshan (Lizard). Their interactions have strictly been all business. THEN she gets Tharan Cedrex!! He seemed a little sleazy and I couldn’t believe that was her next companion. He constantly throws out innuendos and suggestions.

I had NO idea about all the companion romance stuff until I looked up what was with Tharan.

It ain't going to happen. He can keep wishing.

I am really surprised that so many people like Torian. I have actually taken to calling him Borian because his conversations bore the heck out of me. I feel like my character flirts like crazy with him and he gives almost nothing back. The voice actor is also pretty famous yet Torian seems almost completely monotone. I think it may be because I have taken my bounty hunter of a mostly dark side/ anything for the credits path so Gault is actually my favorite companion. He has the funniest reactions in the game and I really wish that after you finish his story there would have been an opportunity to romance him. My bounty hunter is also usually pretty snarky so she fits well with Gault.

Maybe I was just spoiled for Bioware romances by Alistair

I loved Alistair, too. Corso Riggs reminds me alot of Alistair, in fact, which made for a really enjoyable experience playing my Smuggler. But Fenris was my all-time favorite Bioware romance, ever. To the point that I avidly search for Fenris' voice-actor in many of my runs through Balmorra, Hoth, and Voss, hehe.

As for Torian -- he's a Mando. Almost to an extreme, and for a reason, to boot. It adds a bit of flavor to the romance with him if you consider what it means to really be a Mandalorian. They are bound by a unique and determined code, coming off as stoic and reserved only until you're truly close them. With family, in particular, a Mando is incredibly engaging and affectionate. Once I understood it was his sense of honor that defined Torian, I was really fascinated watching the romance unfold.

Hey, I'm one of those people who really liked Gault, too, btw. Not that my Bounty Hunter is darkside. She's very lightside, in fact. But I used Diplomacy to fluff that out, hehe.

It'll be too late for me, shinder. I'm done with BigotWare.

You realize that you are not your character, right?

You got the exact same romance options everyone else gets. Every guy that plays a female character only gets the option to romance men.

It is a video game.

So far I have romanced Malavai Quinn, Vector Hyllus, Doc and Torian Cadera in that order. Of those four I think... Quinn or Vector is my favorite. But I pretty much like everyone in their own way <3 Oh, Quinn with his handsome looks and voice! Doc with his flirting and humor! Torian with his willingness to teach me Mando'a and his "Toast." Theh! Vector... he is just so darn sweet! And he sure knows how to handle his Electrostaff. Er... what I mean is... :o

A shame Talos Drellik is not a romance, otherwise I would be all over him.

I have to say though, romance in swtor is still too limited, especially for a Bioware game. Where are the semi-clothed, cringe inducing "sex" scenes? Give us the Dragon Age and Mass Effect quality romantic subplots we've come to expect.

Snipping my post from a similar topic:

Corso Riggs: Nuts over the character! I just eat up the sweetness and the knight in shining armor persona!

Doc: I found him really entertaining with his off the chart flirts! Although, I actually got pretty upset at first in the romance when he was still had that "player" attitude. But the romance evolved with the JK and he got really sweet. Very heartwarming at the end!

Vector Hyllus: It is very different from either of the two above, but I am pleasantly surprised. Like most people, I was agitated with the bugman thing, but after experiencing his quests myself I do find that he is very intriguing and hypnotic.

Probably do Malavai next...

So even though I'm the leader of "team Corso" i have to make an admission!

While I love Corso to death and would totally marry him irl, my favorite romances in swtor are hands down Malavai Quinn and Torian Cadera.

Torian over all is my most favorite, those big blue eyes staring at you, that sexy voice telling you to "just say the word, they're dead." Mandalorian culture is amazing and extremely deep and detailed and I am proud to know enough about it, and even enough Mando'a, to understand Torian when he talks. I've actually found myself saying things to him in Mando'a. Example would be when we're walking through Belsavis, and he says something about how we better hurry because we're terribly exposed and a good shooter could pick us off, I said outloud, "Gar serim," meaning "you're right." Or how I find myself saying kandosii ("Well done"), whenever he kills something and says "another notch!"

I've frapsed with sound every cutscene from torian's companion questline, and am currently in the process of stringing them together as a mini movie, as well as uploading them seperately to youtube. I love the way Torian is Mandalorian to the core - a man of few words, but each one spoken with a depth of meaning that most people won't understand if they don't know Mandalorian culture. An example would be when first flirting with him he states, "I'll remember you said that." That's his way of saying that he'll be dreaming about you at night :p

This right here:

Was probably my favorite scene between Torian and my bounty hunter, if anything for the cuteness of the whole thing. Friend of mine said they should have just written a note that said "do you like me? check yes or no" and then had Blizz pass it back and forth.

The only one I've actually finished thus far is Elara with my Trooper. I loved her character development, slowly opening up from her original rigid, by the book, personality to eventually showing a real sense of humor and fun.

My only regret with her was that it seemed to be bugged somehow and I ended up getting almost the entire romance arc (7 or 8 conversations) in one go. Would have enjoyed them a lot more if they were more spread out.

My next highest characters are my male Smuggler (while he's certainly getting a lot of action, nothing much on the romance side thus far at level 30) and my Sith Inquisitor (who at level 33 does not yet have a female companion either).

So, guess I'll have to wait before I can compare them with the Elara arc.

I've only finished the male Jedi Consular one thus far, and while I did find it sweet and do like it, I think it does come across as a bit awkward because there is a huge narrative gap there.

Though...I was kinda shocked that it netted me absolutely zero Darkside points as a Jedi, despite the fact that she and I are now quite married.:cool:

I completely agree, (aside from the darkside points), the romance was lovely and had great potential but it happenes far too late, she became my padawan at the start of voss and we had no romance and we were married before i finished voss :S romance neeeds to be stretched out a bit and developed. The DS points thing doesnt bother me personally because i dont think personally that love is an intrinsically bd emotion just if its misunderstood it can lead to bad actions, but thats a philosophical argument lol

Edited by samlightone

Torian over all is my most favorite, those big blue eyes staring at you, that sexy voice telling you to "just say the word, they're dead."

I ignore companion battle cries for the most part, so I wasn't paying attention to Torian's until well into Quesh. But gosh darn, his battle cries are teh smexy.

I think my favorite thing about Torian is a trait he shares with Garrus from Mass Effect; utterly awesome in the face of enemies and yet stumbly and nervous with romance. It's a juxtaposition that I find incredibly endearing in video games.

Edited by SableRhapsody

Conversations with you LI is gated by affection and progress in the class-story. Which means that if you LI gained a lot of affection during say Chapter 2 but you could not access them because it was still gated by story, all those conversations will come at one time when the story gate is passed. The best advice would be to try to pace them out ourself. If you have had 1 convo already, try to keep yourself from starting a new one straight away. Get of the ship or out of the cantina for a while.

I made the same mistake when playing DA:O and had a silent LI for the last quarter of the game since I did all of it in one go pretty much. The good news is that it is easy to fix, simply don't do them all at once. Have one last convo with Doc and my JK that I'm saving until the class-story is done =)

• 1 month later...

One of my favorite romances with the Sith Warrior story (currently a Lvl 44 Juggernaut) was Vette so far. I mean it seemed realistic from the the moment she became a companion. First she was a Twi'lek slave, until I took off her shock collar. Then I help her out on finding her family and preserving it. I mean, I emphathized with her when she was separated from her family and now her family is currently on the Fury. Plus, I'm currently married with her. I was like "Awesome" when I said...

"Vette, will you be my wife?"

"Yes. Yes and yes!"

It was so realistic... *sigh* how does Bioware do such a good job on creating the story for the romances...?

Personally as a Jedi I'm really enjoying the romance story with Kira. I hope they develop it more and more over time with lots of content patches including more after 50.

Happily married middle aged guy with kids...but I'm a sucker for a good romance story. :)

I also enjoyed romancing Kira Carsen. Though it seemed weird that a teacher (me) would romance her as a student, it seemed realistic at first to romance with her. It was like "Avatar": the teacher and student would become something more.

I liked how flirtatious and rebellious she is, 'cause we always like rebelling against certain customs of the Jedi Order. Plus, it seemed realistic since we were both Jedi and we were determining whether we should end it or not, but I'm always "No way. I'd rather be expelled from the Jedi Order instead of being away from the girl I love."

Malavai Quinn: because of all the positive reasons stated above and despite the fact of the end-game story twist which wasn't surprising considering that he has priorities straight: career over everything else.

I'm a female with a very domineering personality and originally created my female SW to be gay (but alas same sex companion relationships are not available) so having these awkward conversations with a shy guy and being pushy is really enjoyable since it's really me irl. :D

I went with the marrage option with Mako and found the whole thing to be great but the best part was that after I got

the 3 final emails - you don't have anything after that

I was trying to raise affection points with Gault and having an onboard conversation with him about some female and

from her spot on the ship Mako yells down "I heard that"

I laughed about that for an hour.