Launch was yestaday, 2 "extra days" planned from beginning, EA strategy.

SinisterWarlock

The EGA is funded by the money we all paid and will pay. It's not a gift.

What did you pay for? I didn't pay for 37 days of gaming starting Dec. 13th, did you?

And I haven't paid anything yet. I could just play my EGA and cancel my pre-order and get all my money back, if I so desired... hence free game time.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

we got ****ed for pre ordering in december.

We pay exactly as much as everyone else, but we start way , way behind everyone else. December 20th means nothing, there will be 1.5-2 million people playing on december 19th. That is a launch by anyones standards.

I pre-ordered the game knowing that I may get up to five days of early access or a maximum of five days in other words. I've been aware that early access would be staggered.

I am also aware that these extra days do not count towards my 30-day "free" period that comes with the game. I have not paid any extra fee for these days.

I fail to see the problem or where I am being played.

I have been saying it for a long time now. Early access is just another way of saying "we cant handle all of you, some will have to wait". They just turned it around and made it the "early access gift for special people who pre-order" and the masses swallowed it with hair and everything. Failed attempt to contain negative feedback about a bad launch, nothing more.

What did you pay for? I didn't pay for 37 days of gaming starting Dec. 13th, did you?

And I haven't paid anything yet. I could just play my EGA and cancel my pre-order and get all my money back, if I so desired... hence free game time.

^^ This,

Early Game Access is not a right. Game Launch is Dec 20th not Dec 13th,

But its not launch its EGA ( early game access) when the game is "launched" then any one with a code/game can log in. Since its "EGA" they can pick who they want to let in could be worse they could make every one wait till the 20th really but they did a nice thing to let ppl in early they just didnt do it a nice manner.

Other games I've played have made ppl wait till launch day to get in with exceptions to testers getting maybe 2-3 days early not almost a week

It is launched how hard is that to understand?

It's obvious for any MMO veteran that "launch day" IS the first day players are let into the final servers of the game, which won't be wiped anymore. And that day was yesterday for SW:TOR.

From Bioware themself:

This is a big day for us; we are launching Star Wars™: The Old Republic™

Edited by Korrigan

I paid for the game under the reasonable assumption that I would get to start along with everyone else. I made this assumption because that is how its been done in every other MMO ever made. I like to compete for first to max level and be among the first to complete top end instances before they are fully explored, cataloged and farmed.

Instead, I get to sit on the forum and read drivel from shirt-chewers like you.

The pre-order details told you about this EGA deal. Why didn't you read it?( I'm assuming you're capable of reading here, lemme know if that's a false assumption). I heard about this process months before pre-order started, and back then I didn't even plan on pre-ordering. If you blindly pre-order without reading the details, that's nobody's fault but your own.

And you could, you know, cancel the pre-order.

But here's the kicker: guess what, the really competitive people? They won the race to be the first to play. You lost. And you will never, EVER catch up to them. Because they wanted it more, fought for it more, deserved it more.

Don't be so competitive if you can't handle losing.

Get over this "the game has already launched" thing. So what? Official RELEASE is still December 20. If you pre-ordered, you're entitled to a maximum of five days of Early Access before that day.

And as it's still only the 14th - six days to go until release -, you have little right or basis to complain.

Game launched yesterday. You really should read the stickies.

Game launched.

He's not playing.

His logic wins.

Decapitation.

Not the point. When you pre-ordered, what was the date listed in the details of that pre-order? If you didn't want that date why did you pre-order?

I still suspect 1/2 the "go bioware" horribly logic posts are bots... just from observation that they dont respond when presented with any sort of common sense.

Common sense and logic?

Here you go:

Retail Launch (Real launch, street date) is the 20th.

The game is launched for pre-order early game access, early game access time is/was an added BONUS for pre-orderers that granted pre-orderers "UP TO" 5 days of early game access, they later added 2 more days to that making it a possibility of getting "UP TO" 7 days of early game access.

WARNING: The following spoiler contains rational thoughts, facts and logic, have been known to aggrevate children

Did they state that you may get "up to 5 days" of early game access with the pre-order?

Why yes they did.

Did that statement in any way imply that if you pre-ordered you would be guaranteed 5 days early game access?

No it didn't.

Did they state anywhere that early game access was granted by first come first serve basis, ie the order you entered you pre-order code?

Yes they did.

Have they so far failed in that regard?

No they haven't.

Didn't they infact even extend that time to the possibility of up to 7 days early game access?

Yes they did.

Is it their fault that people can't be bothered to read?

No it isn't.

Is it their fault that people make assumptions?

No it isn't.

DISCLAIMER: The 'they' refered to in the previous statements is Bioware

The pre-order details told you about this EGA deal. Why didn't you read it?( I'm assuming you're capable of reading here, lemme know if that's a false assumption). I heard about this process months before pre-order started, and back then I didn't even plan on pre-ordering. If you blindly pre-order without reading the details, that's nobody's fault but your own.

And you could, you know, cancel the pre-order.

But here's the kicker: guess what, the really competitive people? They won the race to be the first to play. You lost. And you will never, EVER catch up to them. Because they wanted it more, fought for it more, deserved it more.

Don't be so competitive if you can't handle losing.

if every single person that preordered happened to pre-order exactly on the same day, their system will still be royally screwed.

Not the point. When you pre-ordered, what was the date listed in the details of that pre-order? If you didn't want that date why did you pre-order?

It is the point.

They lied about the launch date, just like the first date of EGA.

LIES I TELL YOU. ALL LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

EAware also said there'd be a grace period. Then suddenly decided there wouldn't be.

EAware said the 20th was launch. Then decided that yesterday was.

It doesn't matter what anything said back then was, because EAware has been changing the details at their whim since then.

And when you change the details, you also change the customers expectations.

Something EAware is learning the hard way.

Just for your info. In July when they talked about the Early Access it was 7 days and then a month or so later it was cut to 5 days. And then last week it was moved back up to 7 days AGAIN!

Epic Fail!!!

I'm guessing that Bio/EA cut it back to 5 days and then back to 7 in a planned attempt to keep people from complaining about how the waved launch would go.

Knowing is half the battle!

It also said EGA would start on Dec 15th.

But I guess you still think it's going to start then lol

I must say I'm missing your point. I bought the game knowing I could get up to 5 days of EGA, and now it's actually up to 7. Should I... complain? Feel angry?

I understand anger if you paid for something (you haven't paid yet but let's ignore that) and then did not have your goals met. But having your goals surpassed...?

It is the point.

They lied about the launch date, just like the first date of EGA.

LIES I TELL YOU. ALL LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Yeah, they gave two more days of Early Access - HOW DARE THEY?

Seriously, you are complaining that they've granted access earlier than they said they would?

EAware also said there'd be a grace period. Then suddenly decided there wouldn't be.

EAware said the 20th was launch. Then decided that yesterday was.

It doesn't matter what anything said back then was, because EAware has been changing the details at their whim since then.

And when you change the details, you also change the customers expectations.

Something EAware is learning the hard way.

If the terms of your pre-order are not fulfilled to your expectations, then cancel your order.

The terms I agreed to when I pre-ordered still exist,as far as I know. So what exactly should I be angry about? That some other people got free game time?

Well 1 thing is 100 % sure... We can already tell that this launch is way behind the Rift standard.

Not being let into the game at the same time as everyone else is by far worse than login queues and server crashes.

And for those of you saying EGA is not a right. Well I beg to differ because it was one of their selling points for the preoder and I'm pretty sure a lot of people preordered for that reason alone.

Other games had crappy launches before and still succeeded so we will have to wait and see. Might not be the worse launch I've seen but it sure is close.