A quick update on Ability Delay

EmmanuelLusinchi

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is more specifically related to the issues being discussed in this thread.

FPS / framerate performance issues are also being looked at. Like the 'Ability Delay' issue, framerate issues are not something that can be solved in a quick and easy way with a single fix. Investigation into the various causes of framerate issues takes time, and solutions may not immediately work for all. Work continues to optimize and improve the game.

Considering it is your engine, I would say it can be once you figure that out and stop blaming it soley on your customers rigs, your engine has poor opitmization and doesn't keep a constant load on a GPU, which causes the constant FPS drop along with the memory leak that creates slow degridation and the clunky textures you created, all you have to do is find the rotten apples in your code and create better textures to render.

If you would like me to walk your progs through it feel free to PM me :D

Edited by shananigan

I can only get 5 to 10 FPS (lowest possible settings configured in-game) even on my space ship with my laptop. But, my machine is:

• AMD Phenom II P960 Quad-Core Processor 1.8 GHz
  • Crucial RealSSD 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
  • ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series
  • 8GB (2 x 4GB) 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)

This is not a weak machine. Do you agree that this computer should be able to run this game smoothly? Because it currently does not. And I trusted your minimum specifications that were posted.

Do you seriously expect an onboard graphics chip and a low-end CPU to run this game smoothly?

There is nothing BioWare could do to make it run better for you, except for buying you a new computer and I dont see that coming anytime soon.

People need to stop complaining about the performance when the problem is on their end.

Anyway, GREAT work BioWare! Can't wait for this ability delay to be fixed, this MMO will rise further to the top in the short future!

Edited by Zerbruz

Gj xcore if they do manage to fix this bioware should give u some sort of prize. I think for a new MMO this ones been quite good but the ability delay's a game killer for me. I've had enough fun with the content and appreciate that bioware's looking into it enough to give them a few more months to fix. If its not fixed by the time the next Blizz title comes out tho I would say its unrepairable and won't be coming back =\

Do you seriously expect an onboard graphics chip and a low-end CPU to run this game smoothly?

There is nothing BioWare could do to make it run better for you, except for buying you a new computer and I dont see that coming anytime soon.

People need to stop complaining about the performance when the problem is on their end.

Anyway, GREAT work BioWare! Can't wait for this ability delay to be fixed, this MMO will rise further to the top in the short future!

Have you seen the system req? you do know that, that system, even though it is a little old, is still higher than the requirements.

why don't you go play the game if its so good and leave people with actual issues alone.

Edited by shananigan

Considering it is your engine, I would say it can be once you figure that out and stop blaming it soley on your customers rigs, your engine has poor opitmization and doesn't keep a constant load on a GPU, which causes the constant FPS drop along with the memory leak that creates slow degridation and the clunky textures you created, all you have to do is find the rotten apples in your code and create better textures to render.

The Hero Engine is amazing, its just not completely developed yet, they still need to add mutlthread support.

Edited by JDSH

If you would like me to walk your progs through it feel free to PM me :D

This.

No offense good sir, but so does thinking that creating a thread on a message board about a game, concerning an issue that thousands have experienced as well as yourself, was actually important.

I can see how all the praise (lol?) from people that were unable to string three sentences together to describe the issue could have gone to your head.

PS - If you want to quit an MMO - Quit. Don't keep going back to it like a junkie that didn't enjoy switching from crack to heroin. That's just silly.

What are you going on about? creating a thread on a message board about a game you care to play for years as a hobby is important to me... and many others... why is unhealthy or illogical?

P.S.: Why would I want to quit an MMO? I want to make the MMO better and more successful as a whole... when did I say I want to quit?

OH HEY GUIZE NEW PATCH TO FIX GAME COMING JANUARY 21ST WHEN You RENEW YOUR SUB YAY. OH WaIT THERE WAS A PROBLEM WiTH UPDATE INCOMING PATCH TO FIX GAME FEBRUARY 21st TO FIX GAME SAmE DATE YOU REnEW SUB YAY. OH HEY GUIZE PROBLEM AGain NEW EXPANSION WILL INCLUDE ABILITY LAG FIX WE PROMISIESIESZISI

I have to agree, I have an HD4650 and it runs the game no problem. Im sorry but an on board graphics chip especially an outdated 4200 series is in no way going to run this game properly

OH HEY GUIZE NEW PATCH TO FIX GAME COMING JANUARY 21ST WHEN You RENEW YOUR SUB YAY. OH WaIT THERE WAS A PROBLEM WiTH UPDATE INCOMING PATCH TO FIX GAME FEBRUARY 21st TO FIX GAME SAmE DATE YOU REnEW SUB YAY. OH HEY GUIZE PROBLEM AGain NEW EXPANSION WILL INCLUDE ABILITY LAG FIX WE PROMISIESIESZISI

my thoughts exactly.

The Hero Engine is amazing, its just not completely developed yet, they still need to add mutlthread support.

That is why it should not be used.

Not to mention multi-thread is what 8+ years old?

The known issues with the HE, is from shotty coding by BW, if you go to the HJ forums there are several topics that discuss what happens if you use bad coding and clunky textures and it is the exact thing that is happening with this game right now.

Edited by shananigan

I've got nothinng new to say, I just want to state, that I too think this is an issue which needs to be fixed.

I've played every major mmo since Everquest and a lot of small ones and I never felt so disconnected from my character's actions. I'm a patient player and not hitting keys like crazy. I enjoy games like Demon's Souls and tactical games too, but here combat feels sluggish, like swimming through tar.

I don't know if this is connected, but I sometimes feel like jumping is delayed too. And I'm actually a good jump & run player too, but maybe I haven't gotten the hang of hit here. If I jump at the same edge serveral times, I feel like different things are happening. Something else is weird too: If you hit jump and then forward and time it right, you can actually jump as far as you do with a running start. But the other way round, which would be more logical, doesn't work. Ussually you run first and jump later... but not here. Maybe it's just me. Does anyone else feel this way?

During the development of Star Wars: The Old Republic, we’ve been paying a lot of attention to the game’s responsiveness. As pointed out by some people on the Forum, a very responsive experience is one of the factors that separate the best MMOs from the others. This is something we are fully aware of and take extremely seriously.

Several of the issues brought forth by the community have already been dealt with and you should see the fixes integrated in coming patches, including those coming this month. Every lead mentioned on the forum is being investigated and I cannot stress enough how useful your feedback is – especially when coupled with the level of details found in some of the posts.

So I’d really like to thank the community for this very constructive feedback.

Thanks again and best regards,

You have gained 150 affection with BadgeredMushroom.

Thank you for ignoring the fanchildren and taking this issue seriously.

Awesome news!

As an experienced MMO player (and I'm talking old here as in back in the days of LAN parties and suchlike lol) I've found the ability responsiveness can make or break a game. This game has a great story/world so it starts ahead of a lot of the 'new pretenders' to WoW's crown (like it or not WoW is now the standard for MMOs), but the ability response lag/delay has definietly reduced game enjoyment. great to hear BW have deciede to look into and fix this!

Wow a real response from Bioware that's at the top and stickied; I'm impressed Bioware, good job.

Looking forward to responsive combat!

Oh, and while we had already put down all the naysayers, extra ammunition never hurts!

If I could make an entire post filled with nothing but <3 and not be obnoxious, I totally would.

Instead, I'll settle for just filling up an entire line.

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

I have nothing to add to this post as response.