Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

SWTOR total sales passed 2 million copies!

nojan

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sales have been steadily increasing since December. The game has 2 million subs and will have 3.5 million active players by May.

Just quotin facts at you bro. Don't be mad. I ain't mad atchya.

Link to your *facts*. Link with actual numbers or just like VCchartz you are just full of cow pucky.

If this game has sold 2 million copies, why have we had no new servers created? Why does my Very Heavy but never qued on server never have more than 100 people in the Republic fleet and 220 people in the Imperial fleet? Its been like that for about two weeks now. Surely if the game had doubled its sales I would have seen an increase in people sat in the fleets for both factions? Its only logical that should happen, its sold an extra million copies from just after launch to now or there abouts, but the amount of people sat in the Fleets has not increased. One would think that the crowds would have dispersed across servers in a roughly evenish manner. And people are drawn to the very heavy servers, its a sign of a healthy community. But I do not see an increase in population nor server stauses

will have 3.5 million active players by May.

Future predictions are not fact. You simply don't have the power. My guess is you're trolling.

Been there. Done that. Utllize the power of the forums and their search functionalizy plz.

Yep, I knew it.

lol.. so your data comes from a site that brings us this..

World of Warcraft (PC)RPG

Score -8.79

us sales-4.02

eu sales-2.22

jp sales-0.00

global sales-2.23

so with 4 mill sales in the us, 2 mil sales in EU, their global sales were 2 mil..

and yet somehow they managed to break 10mil subs (they must have given away 4mil copies of the game.. or 8mil.. not sure from these numbers :)

I don't care how many copies it sold I'm no sheep but found this just to add to the discussion , plus theres nothing funnier then fanbois and haters going at it.

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales-data/31584/star-wars-the-old-republic/

VGchartz is full of BS. First of all they didn't even use NPD. EA nor Bioware has released any data to them and there is know way to tell how many digital copies have been bought. VGChartz is making a total BS guess.

The only one that we can believe is EA or Bioware themselves and they are not coming forward with the info. If this game had sold 2 million they would have announced it, just like when it hit 1 million mark EA and Bioware made sure it was in the news. If they had 2 million subs, they would have it in the news. They don't.

Edited by AirshipGirl

VGchartz is full of BS. First of all they didn't even use NPD. EA nor Bioware has released any data to them and there is know way to tell how many digital copies have been bought. VGChartz is making a total BS guess.

The only one that we can believe is EA or Bioware themselves and they are not coming forward with the info. If this game had sold 2 million they would have announced it, just like when it hit 1 million mark EA and Bioware made sure it was in the news. If they had 2 million subs, they would have it in the news. They don't.

Negative Nancy!!!Negative Nancy!!!Negative Nancy!!!

Theyre upset SWTOR didnt launch with pokemon games or pandas questing with bamboo sticks on turtle shell islands.

No, we're upset that it didn't launch with the advertised hi-rez graphics, no chat bubbles, no combat log, loading screens of death, bad UI and on and on.

This game HAS pokemon games in it already, they're called space missions.

I don't care how many copies it sold I'm no sheep but found this just to add to the discussion , plus theres nothing funnier then fanbois and haters going at it.

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales-data/31584/star-wars-the-old-republic/

I see your link and I give you http://www.swtorarena.com/statistics/ notice the downward trend? Double the sales from release would surely have given an upwards trend?

I see your link and I give you http://www.swtorarena.com/statistics/ notice the downward trend? Double the sales from release would surely have given an upwards trend?

Well that chart is deceptive. Holiday ve non holiday and it tracks overall time played which does not necessarily reflect on population.

Over the next few months if you see a continued downward trend you can start to assume it is due to a loss in players but it is still far from concrete.

Anyway having Jett-Rinn and Soggy-Mack the 2 most hardcore fanbois in the same thread is neat.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.