Razor Naga versus G13 Gameboard

Nimishim

I've had a naga and it was great, although I didn't stick with it 'cos it was waaay too bulky for my liking (thats what she said), but it was pretty good for gaming since you can bind your abilities to all the buttons on the mouse

I've never owned a G13 though. it looks kinda cumbersome, and I dont have any problems with my keyboard anyway since I have a Logitech G15

The Razer Nostromo is better than the Logitech G13 in my humble opinion. I love Logitech, and rushed out to buy a G13 when it first came back. I returned it the next day. It's much less comfortable to use.

I don't use the thumbstick to move like so many people seem to. I use it for spells 1-4. Forward is 1, down is 2, back is 3, and up is 4. Then I can hold shift and hit those directions as well. That's 8 buttons just on the thumbstick.

Edited by USSDefiant

You can use both. I love my g13 and have paired that with a gaming mouse (currently the g700) for years. You will never want to go back to a normal keyboard and mouse again!

If I had to choose one, I would go with a g13 for sure!

Thinking of upgrading to one of these to improve my keybinding experience. I have seen a lot of raving about the Naga mouse. Anybody with experience with both or either? Which one would you go with? Thanks.

Glad you asked. ;)

I use the G13 in conjunction with the Naga and I can't see myself switching to anything else in the foreseeable future. It's simply the most versatile, comfortable and functional setup I've used for an MMO.

I have the 12 mouse buttons mapped to the number keys, with modifiers on the G13 to switch between all of the hotbars as needed. All of my UI commands are mapped to the G13, as well as macros like "target companion + heal companion + target nearest enemy", for a smuggler, for example.

It takes a lot of getting used to, but once you do (for me anyway) it's seamless, and the G13 doesn't aggravate my carpal tunnel like a traditional keyboard. And of course you have the convenience of the G13 LCD screen. I highly recommend this combo.

Edited by daemian

As others have already said, the G13 + Razer Naga = Win.

I mainly use the G13 for cooldowns/character pane/inventory, and targetting, and then have all my other "attack" abilities on the Naga.

The G13 is much much more comfortable than using w,a,s,d. You won't regret either of them, but if i could only use one, id honestly have to take the Naga every time.

Good luck with whatever you pick!

I use the G13 + Naga combo. The naga grid is for cooldowns and CTRL/ALT/VENT. The G13 is used for hotbars and movement/targeting. NOTHING beats the fact that I can use a joystick w/ my thumb for movement which frees up 3 fingers for nothing but ability mashing!!!

Thinking of upgrading to one of these to improve my keybinding experience. I have seen a lot of raving about the Naga mouse. Anybody with experience with both or either? Which one would you go with? Thanks.

I use a G13....Its very nice once you get used to it. I have had both the Belking N52, then later went to the Razer Nostormo (same as N52 but slighly updated)....And lately a G13...Anyone that has used both will say any day of the week its Logitic G13>Belkin made products. The N52's where great when I played 5 or so years ago, but thats about the place its software is still....just years behind logitic. Just do some review searching, you would be hard pressed to find a review that puts the Razer Nostromo ahead of the G13.

On mouse, I us a MS sidewinder with two side buttons, its my cast modifiers. The naga is very bulky, and takes some getting used to, I like my smaller mouse :)

I use the G13 + Naga combo. The naga grid is for cooldowns and CTRL/ALT/VENT. The G13 is used for hotbars and movement/targeting. NOTHING beats the fact that I can use a joystick w/ my thumb for movement which frees up 3 fingers for nothing but ability mashing!!!

I have been using a G13 for about a week now. I love it so far.... I do not have Naga though. I can do everything comfortably with the G13 plus my G500 mouse.

Idolius, how do you have the thumb stick mapped for movement? Up/Down = Forward/Back; simple enough. But how did you map the left/right positions?

I've not found a way to map them that lets me move around fluidly. The problem being that the G13 does not have the diagonals mapped; you are either up, down, left or right... nothing between. I use a forward/back and left/right key combo a lot, making the stick very difficult to use.

Did you change the mapping to improve on the movement?

Thanks!

My biggest piece of advice:

If you have somewhere like a Fry's near you where they have display models of these things, GO. See how they fit your hand. I seriously thought I was going to get the Razr one until I actually got my hands on it and the G-13 and decided that I much preferred the way the G-13 fit my hand and the reach of my fingers (I have large hands/long fingers for a girl, so maybe average male sized?).

I'm sure that either would have worked and several of my guildies have one or the other, but the G-13 was just the one I ended up with. Also, as others have said, once you get used to it (and it DOES take some getting used to, don't get discouraged!), you'll never want to go back to a regular keyboard for pc gaming.

It was also really nice that I only had to tweak a few of my keybinds to get my setup to translate from how I have it set up for WoW.

Count me as another one that loves the G13 + Naga combo. Very comfortable and much easier to use than a "vanilla" mouse and keyboard set. Once you move away from a full keyboard over to a gamepad like the G13, you'll never go back. Same goes for the button grid on the side of the Naga; after a couple days it was totally natural and I can't imagine playing SWTOR with a normal gaming mouse ever again.

I also have the Razer Nostromo, but I mostly use that with my ASUS G73 for FPS gaming (love it in BF3). I'd argue that the ergonomics are marginally better on the Nostromo, but the G13 isn't uncomfortable in the slightest. Either would suffice for use in SWTOR.

Well, I ended up getting both the Razer Naga mmo mouse and the Razer Nostromo. Does anyone have any good guides on keybinding using both of these together? I am thinking I am going to use the left hand for abilities and the right for alternating between cntl, alt, etc. If no guides out there could you post you keybind setup? Thanks.

Like many other have stated I also use a Naga + Nostromo combination. The naga will take some getting used to, but I couldnt live without it now. I also find the Nostromo far more comfortable for my left hand over extended periods of play.

The Razer Nostromo is better than the Logitech G13 in my humble opinion. I love Logitech, and rushed out to buy a G13 when it first came back. I returned it the next day. It's much less comfortable to use.

I don't use the thumbstick to move like so many people seem to. I use it for spells 1-4. Forward is 1, down is 2, back is 3, and up is 4. Then I can hold shift and hit those directions as well. That's 8 buttons just on the thumbstick.

I also have a nostromo, but its hardly a razer product... it has a much better construction quality than the usual **** razer turns out, thats because its actually made by belkin :)

Love my Belkin n52te :D

I disagree, I can rest my entire hand on the G13.

It's bent more laying on the table with the Razer.

But that is all personal preference.

You will get more button options and support on the G13 then you will the mouse.

Well, I ended up getting both the Razer Naga mmo mouse and the Razer Nostromo. Does anyone have any good guides on keybinding using both of these together? I am thinking I am going to use the left hand for abilities and the right for alternating between cntl, alt, etc. If no guides out there could you post you keybind setup? Thanks.

I posted my setup on the first page. I find it really convenient to keep the 12 hotbar keys mapped to the mouse. At this point I don't even have to think about which button I'm hitting. I use the G13 (or Nostromo in your case) to switch between CTRL, ALT, SHIFT, etc. In this way I have access to every single hotkey in the GUI.

The rest of the left hand buttons I use mostly for UI functions and custom macros. I'm loving this setup.

I still can't understand what size hands the G13 was meant to fit. The keys are large, much larger than standard keyboard keys so that if my hand is on the center keys, none o fmy fingers can reach the corner keys without moving my entire hand.

I found that whole thing to be counter intuitive to having keys at my fingertips. The standard keyboard arrangement felt better! lol :-)

Idolius, how do you have the thumb stick mapped for movement? Up/Down = Forward/Back; simple enough. But how did you map the left/right positions?

I've not found a way to map them that lets me move around fluidly. The problem being that the G13 does not have the diagonals mapped; you are either up, down, left or right... nothing between. I use a forward/back and left/right key combo a lot, making the stick very difficult to use.

Did you change the mapping to improve on the movement?

Thanks!

I use the thumbstick for movement by up - forward; down - back; left - left strafe; right - right strafe. I always turn using my mouse. I tried using the joystick click for jump, but if your moving its un-reliable as to whether it works or not, so I just use one of the keys.

The center keys have two sets of bindings. One is 1-6, 1-6 with alt, and 1-6 with shift. Commands that I dont use often, or dont need to use fast (quick-map, fleet pass, class buff, etc) are in the 7 to 12 slots on the bars. No, its not enough slots for every skill they give you, but then again I dont use more than 18 of the skills that often during combat.

Glad you asked. ;)

I use the G13 in conjunction with the Naga and I can't see myself switching to anything else in the foreseeable future. It's simply the most versatile, comfortable and functional setup I've used for an MMO.

I have the 12 mouse buttons mapped to the number keys, with modifiers on the G13 to switch between all of the hotbars as needed. All of my UI commands are mapped to the G13, as well as macros like "target companion + heal companion + target nearest enemy", for a smuggler, for example.

It takes a lot of getting used to, but once you do (for me anyway) it's seamless, and the G13 doesn't aggravate my carpal tunnel like a traditional keyboard. And of course you have the convenience of the G13 LCD screen. I highly recommend this combo.

This is exactly how I am planning to set it up. To get used to the Naga, I am having my daughter call out a series of random numbers from 1-12 and trying to input them in a word document as fast as I can and using the little bead trainers. So far I am very slow but it is picking up. I can see how this will rock. Now I have to figure out how to set up my alt, cntrl, vent button, target, target nearest and group select buttons with my left hand on the nostromo. A lot of work but I am sure after a week or 2 it will be second nature.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.