From a Goldman Analyst Perspective on SWTOR

Bodypull

This game launched well, but the problem is, its a crap game overall. WoW's launch was terrible but it was worth sticking around because it was a good game.

The thing WoW had as an advantage was it's competitors weren't shining beacons of refinement either back in 2004. Now that WoW is seasoned it has risen the bar to such a level companies can't be releasing products that could of been amazing back then. They need to look good now to it's competitors just like cars.

Its like getting a manual transmission, with no power locks/windows/seats when your old car had all those.

Edited by Kabloosh

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually he's quite fair in his assessment and pretty dispassionate.

I bet you buy every car the salesman sweet talks you on too don't you?

Honestly. If you really are that gullible I feel sorry for you. Goldman Sachs analyst? *facepalm* I think I'll ask the expert opinion from someone I trust first. All I have to do is look at my retirement to know how much trust I'd place in his word.

Edited by Daeborn

OP, you lie. you are not a professional analyst. You might be, but not on the level you pretend. I cant prove it, but i trust my instincts on that - because i personally know those people are you trying to act like. They would never do such a thing, none of them. Its like a professional ethics, they will not openly discuss even anonymous such matters especially when they are involved - you said you consulted investors about other MMOs. i would not consult with you knowing you do post things like this. And again the level you pretend you play - those guys are from another material.

Next, lately, i was seriously thinking that some of the forum posts are too consistent and too unrealistic to be natural. I call this ********. i would even call you a blizzard insider trying to mess people around and play black PR.

The last, you start of good, but then you go into massive criticism, without any real analysis - being more specific, the thing you try to play as an analysis is in fact a non stop criticism. There is no analysis in your post.

Really, say w/e you want everyone, but from now on i am almost sure that a lot of things happening on these forums are pure black pr from a well known company.

wow i remember seeing posts exactly like this back in the wow launch days. and now look where they are

Yep so do I. People swearing it was the biggest failure because of all the bugs yadda yadda yadda. "Im a special gamer/person and I can tell you it will fail listen to me!" History repeats itself.

Cries for attention with irrelevant opinions and nothing more. These people have as much influence on the game's success as they do on the sun rising tomorrow.

First off I don't believe you are what you say, sounds fake to me. Another hungry troll. All that aside, does no one really remember the launch of WOW? SWTOR had a way smoother launch with actually much fewer bugs. Heres just a small sample of what I remember: Quest lines so broken you couldn't finish them, People falling off the boats into oblivion, Unsecured lava pit in Ironforge that everyone was falling into, etc, etc. This is a Massive MMO thats barely in its infancy. It's beautiful and polished and runs great on my mid-level system. With an MMO that starts off this good just imagine how much better it will be in a year and even better the year after. I have played almost every MMO that has come down the pipe and this is the best one yet.

I bet you buy every car the salesman sweet talks you on too don't you?

Honestly. If you really are that gullible I feel sorry for you. Goldman Sachs analyst? *facepalm* I think I'll ask the expert opinion from someone I trust first. All I have to do is look at my retirement to know how much trust I'd place in his word.

I don't care if he is a real GS analyst or not, it doesn't matter because he's right. This is what people don't understand is they aren't competing against WoW 7 years ago, they're competing against WoW NOW. You need to release a polished game on release, with most if not all of the features one has come to expect from WoW or else your game will crater.

BW I still think can save it, this update about the state of PVP and the coming patch is really reassuring, and even if this game DOES totally fail I'm still going to play all 8 classes and their story lines all the way through. So I'm here for a while that's for sure. But they do need to get their **** together, because the honeymoon is over.

Man, some of you guys are so freaking gullible. Do you believe everything you read? Or just the stuff you read on internet forums?

If I had less scruples, I could make a killing off of people like you. :p

I dont care who he is. I happen to agree with most of what he says.

I note that almost all objections to this post are over his credentials, not the content...yet to see a single decent rebuttal.

Why would a Goldman-Sachs analyst post on the SWTOR forums citing reasons why he thinks the game should/will fail?

I have an idea: Maybe he wants it to fail as he has told investors that it will?

Why would anyone who has foreseen that this game will crash and burn to bits decide to still purchase a copy of the game if he has absolutely no belief in it?

Two important questions that need an answer.

Now, what do I think? His criticism is not off, it is painfully obvious that the game is lacking, but I don't think it is lacking as bad as he makes it out to be. Oh, you levelled to 50 in 2 weeks and then complain that the game is a grind while saluting World of Warcraft for not being so? Oh, haha, there your credibility disappeared inot thin air.

I remember well how I had to grind for WEEKS to get my Shattered Sun Offensive reputation, quests without any immersion or thought behind them: "Kill x of those, bomb y of those, gather z of those" "Why? "We don't know". The entire concept of WoW is that you have a constant carrot on a stick in front of your face because the game doesn't provide you with any other content. In fact, that is how MMOs work, though some (SWTOR included) do it more elegantly than others.

My bet is that this isn't an analyst by any stretch and that this is just another disgruntled former WoW-fan who hoped for a WoW-copy set in space with lightsabers but didn't find it.

Hai guys, I'm Barrack Obama. I say we tax all the people who exploited slicing to make millions of credits and invest that in the Intergalactic Bank of Commerce. We can use that money to provide free healthcare at all medical droids for characters level 30 and under.

See I can make **** up to.

First off I don't believe you are what you say, sounds fake to me. Another hungry troll. All that aside, does no one really remember the launch of WOW? SWTOR had a way smoother launch with actually much fewer bugs. Heres just a small sample of what I remember: Quest lines so broken you couldn't finish them, People falling off the boats into oblivion, Unsecured lava pit in Ironforge that everyone was falling into, etc, etc. This is a Massive MMO thats barely in its infancy. It's beautiful and polished and runs great on my mid-level system. With an MMO that starts off this good just imagine how much better it will be in a year and even better the year after. I have played almost every MMO that has come down the pipe and this is the best one yet.

None of that matters, because they aren't competing with WoW at launch. That's what he's saying. It needs to be good now or else people will go back to WoW.

I dont care who he is. I happen to agree with most of what he says.

I note that almost all objections to this post are over his credentials, not the content...yet to see a single decent rebuttal.

You don't see a decent rebuttal because no one with any sense would waste their time and effort trying to argue with someone who is so clearly full of BS.

I don't care if he is a real GS analyst or not, it doesn't matter because he's right.

You need to look up the words "opinion" and "lemming". And when someone prefaces his opinion as a Goldman Sachs Analyst and you agree with him you, should care if he's lying or not.

Edited by Daeborn

None of that matters, because they aren't competing with WoW at launch. That's what he's saying. It needs to be good now or else people will go back to WoW.

Then perhaps you need to read what real analysts say on that exact point.

I don't care if he is a real GS analyst or not, it doesn't matter because he's right. This is what people don't understand is they aren't competing against WoW 7 years ago, they're competing against WoW NOW. You need to release a polished game on release, with most if not all of the features one has come to expect from WoW or else your game will crater.

BW I still think can save it, this update about the state of PVP and the coming patch is really reassuring, and even if this game DOES totally fail I'm still going to play all 8 classes and their story lines all the way through. So I'm here for a while that's for sure. But they do need to get their **** together, because the honeymoon is over.

Wait, you don't care if he lies to gain credibility?! LOL. How can you, knowing he's a liar honestly take anything he says seriously?

Then you imply SWTOR needs massive improvement but you're going to play EIGHT CLASSES TO 50!

Wow.

Edited by Boundd