The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Server population is dropping...

Miffy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, they probably could merge some servers if they wanted to, they probably aren't because the second they do these forums will be flooded with "WTFBBQ I TOLD YOU SO, THIS GAME SUXXORZ AND EVERYBODY IS QUITTING SO BW HAS TO MERGE SERVERS" posts instead of people being happy they are getting moved to a new server, with a higher population, for free to help their game play ;)

I have been playing SWTOR extensively since launch however took a break today and decided to roll a alliance toon on my WOW account. That being said I gathered my heirloom gear and embarked on adventure with my newly minted Dwarf Paladin. In 3 hours of playtime on a Friday night starting at 3pm server time (eastern) I encountered one toon in the dwarf starting area, 2 in Ironforge and with a quick run around Stormwind approx 50 toons total there. I will now use forum logic to come to some ironclad conclusions:

WOW is dead and bleeding subscriptions.

This server is underpopulated and needs merged.

WOW is a single player game (not an MMO) as there was no one near my level to quest with.

I will now use real logic and apply it to my experience:

Based on purely anecdotal evidence I can draw no scientific conclusions on the state of WOW

or this server population nor make any suggestions for changes.

Since I counted less toons in Stormwind City than I have ever seen in Republic Fleet that must mean WOW is dead right?..................

Ok im being a ********.....just wanted to point out forum logic.

Please carry on :)

Not exactly 'forum logic' when people are posting screenshots and /who census numbers for their low pop servers. You want to see for yourself, my server is in my sig.

And I don't really care what is happening in WOW.

I have been playing SWTOR extensively since launch however took a break today and decided to roll a alliance toon on my WOW account. That being said I gathered my heirloom gear and embarked on adventure with my newly minted Dwarf Paladin. In 3 hours of playtime on a Friday night starting at 3pm server time (eastern) I encountered one toon in the dwarf starting area, 2 in Ironforge and with a quick run around Stormwind approx 50 toons total there. I will now use forum logic to come to some ironclad conclusions:

WOW is dead and bleeding subscriptions.

This server is underpopulated and needs merged.

WOW is a single player game (not an MMO) as there was no one near my level to quest with.

I will now use real logic and apply it to my experience:

Based on purely anecdotal evidence I can draw no scientific conclusions on the state of WOW

or this server population nor make any suggestions for changes.

Since I counted less toons in Stormwind City than I have ever seen in Republic Fleet that must mean WOW is dead right?..................

Ok im being a ********.....just wanted to point out forum logic.

Please carry on :)

One major difference is WoW has a cross realm tool for group content, SWTOR doesn't.

If someone is on a low population server right now in SWTOR, good luck getting groups together for operations/flashpoints!

Then why did they have to ditch their servers and merge everyone over to the US.

I agree with the others. F2P is a last ditch effort to keep a game going and eventually they tend to fizzle out.

LOTRO has more servers now than they had when I started playing sub-based around a year after it's launch. 'bout twice as many.

The shut down the Euro servers because Codemasters sucked and Turbine decided to take over instead.

LOTRO is doing very well these days, the latest expansion was the most sold expansion they had, and also the first paid expansion for an F2P game. Fourth expansion is already announced - clearly not a game having problems..

LOTRO has more servers now than they had when I started playing sub-based around a year after it's launch. 'bout twice as many.

The shut down the Euro servers because Codemasters sucked and Turbine decided to take over instead.

LOTRO is doing very well these days, the latest expansion was the most sold expansion they had, and also the first paid expansion for an F2P game. Fourth expansion is already announced - clearly not a game having problems..

LOTRO has 27 servers total and has had 27 servers forever. They havent added any in a very very very long time. They started with 10 in NA then added the european servers with the codemasters server merge. Right now including the euro servers they have 27. 25 of those have been active since launch. They have about 200k paying customers where SWTOR has 350k concurrent users and millions of subs. Turbine is low budget and the latest "expansion" most people completed in a week.

Warner brothers bought Turbine for 40 million. Thats only 1/5th the budget Bioware had just for this one game. Codemasters was cut out because their contract was up not because they "sucked" and WB wanted all the money. Cannot blame them. I have been playing DDO since beta and LOTRO since beta. I am a founder of both and lifer in lotro. Also they didnt shut down the euro servers they just took them over.

Warner brothers bought Turbine for 40 million. Thats only 1/5th the budget Bioware had just for this one game.

What's that mean then? That Turbine is a better developer?? I've seen a **** load of figures thrown around for the development cost of this game, from 100 mil to 500 and it's just ridiculous because I haven't seen anything worthy of spending that much money on aside from voice acting.

Edited by MalakDawnfire

No you are right they do...and it's why Mike O'Brian the CEO of Arenanet said:

"As long as I am part of this company we will never have Official forums....I flat out refuse to provide the stage for some Troll to insult and second guess my teams hard work."

I can't say as I blame him.....Rob pardo from Blizzard entertainment has even said the biggest mistake we made as a company was having official forums for our games.

The vst majority of subscribers never set foot in these cesspools...they are the domain of the Troll and the Astroturfer...and why a developer would fund that is beyond me. The company I am currently consulting for Vigil games has decided that there is going to be no Official forums for there upcoming MMO....smart move I think after seeing what has happened here.

great post.

Nah. Lord Adrass gets about 300 people on each fleet. Jedi Covenant gets about 200 people on each. Nothing is dying, nice try though.

I'm very happy for those servers. The server I just started over on is doing great too.

My old server had 22 people in the fleet... friday night at primetime.

Edited by Wizzrobe

I'm very happy for those servers. The server I just started over on is doing great too.

Similar situation, Current server is dead, End game can't be done with low pop, WZ never get filled, and it's a ghost town. Unfortunately I'm not into pve enough to grind a new toon. GG BW you screwed up, options are free transfers or server merges.

Edited by kimmiekros

on kathol rift tonight between 9-12 est pop high was 62 and low was 35. I was in fleet for most of that time queued for wz. I got 4 wz games in during that time. Did not finish my daily 3 wins before I logged.

I like the game very much but its been like this all week and I can't help getting the feeling my server is on a slide.

I know maybe if every person who loves this game and doesn't want to re-roll on a heavy population server posted here something would be done.

Never mind that would probably only be what maybe 10,000 people over 50 servers ?

Edited by rarax

Same problem. My old server was reasonably filled, but with players concentrated in the low and high level ranges, there's no player to be found for, for example Boarding Party. Disappointing at the least.

The fix:

Tell your friends about the game, get them to play, have fun... Problem solved.

An MMO is a BIG long term thing... There are years of fun ahead here, things don't happen overnight.

Why would you be so cruel to your friends?

More queue times are what is on the way. Everyday I hear about people leaving the low population servers to join a packed one. I really hope the queue times on the high pop servers get so bad the people on them actually start to feel the low pop servers pain. You see all of these comments from people are obviously on a packed server telling us to tough it out and it is crap.

Any one else noticed that the servers were all full during peak times the other week and now all the full ones are now only heavy or very heavy.

..... snip ...........

blah blah blah blah

no, i did NOT notice it.

i noticed the OPPOSITE.

and no, continually coming to forum and putting up pointless threads like this will not persuade ANYONE that game is 'failing'. or make it so when it isnt.

just scram.

It's 6:21pm EST Saturday.

My server is Krayiss Obelisk, East PvE

It's marked as "Standard" pop

There's 2 Imps on Ilum, including myself. I've been here a couple of hours now and there's not been more than 3, including myself. You can't tell me it's a weekday, everybody is working or any other excuse.

This is ridiculous....

:rolleyes:

I'm going to have to reroll on Shadow Hand I guess. That's what other people are doing which only makes our server worse off.

Edited by Kourage