The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Server population is dropping...

Miffy

This

Lastnight on my server had over 300 people on the republic fleet. 120 on tatoonie in the phase i was in.

My server is growing in numbers which is good.

A few more wouldnt go a miss, But we are only a month in and MMOs take time to grow.

That's awesome and I wish my server was like that. At prime time on a weeknight, Vaiken Station has maybe 150 people. Higher-level planets have maybe 30 people on them. I'm an Imperial, and I just started Voss. The last time I saw a Republic player in open-world was on Alderaan, and that was about halfway through when I was about level 34. I'm almost level 49 now, so I haven't seen any Republic players for 3 planets, including the bonus series on Alderaan; aka for 15 levels. The open-world PvP, overall population deficiency, and faction imbalance have me VERY down about my server.

Also, I think a huge problem with this thread is that people aren't stating which server, server type, and faction they are playing on; just saying "my server is empty."

For reference, my server is Davik's Estate, East Coast PvP.

In total I believe I've seen 8-10 Republic players in open world my entire time playing.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are correct, except BioWare can take the title back with either Diablo 3 (which I think looks like trash but alot of people are excited about so yeah) or the next mmo they will release, Titan, which will probably be everything you could want from an online game AND THE KITCHEN SINK. Because if you think between 300-500 million is alot to invest in a video game, I'm betting that barely scratches the investment Blizzard has in Titan. I don't even like Blizzard as a company and I have to admit that Titan will be huge.

Okay I'm taking away your gamer card...

Diablo 3 isn't a MMO.

:rolleyes:

Yes WoW was launched on Nov 23rd 2004....it didn't reach 1.5 million till four months later.

TOR Launched on November Dec 20th 2011 it has one million users by Dec 27th 2011 It took over three months for WoW to reach one million users.

Now TOR has a estimated 2.2 million users by Dec 30th.......current speculation is the numbers are 2.5 to 3 million users.

Spin it all you like Jack those are the facts.

LOL Keep trying

You were talking about growth. In 90 days let's see where TOR is. In order to match the growth WOW had TOR will need to be around 7 million subs. Not gonna happen.

As far as your 2.2 million number I would love to see hard numbers and not an estimate. The only hard number out there is TOR sold 600,000 physical copies in Dec making it the 14th best selling game. 14th!! That is why some analysts lowered their estimates. Most analysts think 3 million is out of the question, even analysts that are high on TOR.

Bottom line. I like this game, but let's be honest about where it is today.

Okay I'm taking away your gamer card...

Diablo 3 isn't a MMO.

Hmmm, the first two Diablo's weren't, but this one is questionable. Will it be a typical mmo? No, but it has all the foundations in place as an mmo, and technically, it will be massive, it will be multiplayer, and it's going to be online so... if I'm nice can I have my card back? :D

You are correct, except BioWare can take the title back with either Diablo 3 (which I think looks like trash but alot of people are excited about so yeah) or the next mmo they will release, Titan, which will probably be everything you could want from an online game AND THE KITCHEN SINK. Because if you think between 300-500 million is alot to invest in a video game, I'm betting that barely scratches the investment Blizzard has in Titan. I don't even like Blizzard as a company and I have to admit that Titan will be huge.

Titan will be huge unless it is a major blunder and I doubt that will happen. But you never know. As far as Diablo, that is a completely different game genre so it does not matter as much.

Even the all mighty Titan cannot stand up against WoW in terms of 10 years of continuous polish, content, and what everybody has been complaining about.

Did you see the new Blizzard job posting? It is to create real world objects for in-game advertising. I bet you Titan will be F2P because they know it cannot compete (just like every other MMO cannot and never can compete with WoW).

That would be the best of irony's

Hmmm, the first two Diablo's weren't, but this one is questionable. Will it be a typical mmo? No, but it has all the foundations in place as an mmo, and technically, it will be massive, it will be multiplayer, and it's going to be online so... if I'm nice can I have my card back? :D

No it does not have all the foundations of an MMO, it has the foundations of a multiplayer dungeon crawler. It is not an open persistent world.

Edited by DroidDestroyer

Feels pretty empty, 'cept for Fleet. Right now we got 54 in here (Fleet) and should have ~120+ by tonight.

This also: http://www.torstatus.net/the-fatman/history/7d#!/the-fatman/trends/30d

Now the fact they increased server capacity explains away the "Full", but notice that "Heavy" is incrementally going down when looking at only the weekends, got a straight-edge out just to double check.

Really wish they had done pure-instancing (STO model) and not used a multi-zone-multi-server model. Then you don't have to merge or offer transfers. Players will just go to the instance that has the most people in it (until cap is reached).

The game's beginning to feel like Blasted Lands, Swamp of Sorrows, and the like....empty

Click the population tab and you see a spike around the holidays and pretty flat once the holidays ended.

hmmm.. people don't understand why servers were queued at launch it seems. it wasn't that they were "full". they were "full" based on where BW had their caps set. They did this to try and distribute population. So that when someone came in, saw a Full or Heavy server, instead they went to a normal or Low server.

Now that the game is outside of launch, they have caps raised. thus fewer queues and more Standard pops.

leveling planets seem to have the same numbers listed on our server as around launch.. with fleet, ilum and belsavis growing.

Yep the pop on servers are dropping and should continue to do so. Ppl need to realize that we were cheated and should unbsub right away from this piece of garbage.

tell you what, go unsub, stop coming on to these forums and then tell me how you feel....

Click the population tab and you see a spike around the holidays and pretty flat once the holidays ended.

That's why I used the trends, I know it's going to be higher during non-work days.

And you can see it in the trend. Every weekend it's much higher, but...with each passing weekEND the peak is less (used a ruler/straight edge).

So, where are the people going then? Each weekend there's less of of a peak than the last weekend's peak.

Now this is just for:

The Fatman (US)

So I do not pretend to say it applies to all servers.

Yes WoW was launched on Nov 23rd 2004....it didn't reach 1.5 million till four months later.

TOR Launched on November Dec 20th 2011 it has one million users by Dec 27th 2011 It took over three months for WoW to reach one million users.

Now TOR has a estimated 2.2 million users by Dec 30th.......current speculation is the numbers are 2.5 to 3 million users.

Spin it all you like Jack those are the facts.

Keep in mind though that WoW launched in the US first (with EU 3 months later), while TOR had a simultaneous EU & US launch.

LOL Keep trying

You were talking about growth. In 90 days let's see where TOR is. In order to match the growth WOW had TOR will need to be around 7 million subs. Not gonna happen.

As far as your 2.2 million number I would love to see hard numbers and not an estimate. The only hard number out there is TOR sold 600,000 physical copies in Dec making it the 14th best selling game. 14th!! That is why some analysts lowered their estimates. Most analysts think 3 million is out of the question, even analysts that are high on TOR.

Bottom line. I like this game, but let's be honest about where it is today.

Yeah keep justifying and backpedaling dude...:rolleyes:

I just wonder what excuse you are going to use when they say TOR has close to 3 million subs on February 1st.

/Hands card back.....okay

.just know that.

:p

SO tired of every thread getting hijacked by "idiots" that dont know how MMOs work, and think they got "taken advantage of". Was hoping those people would be gone after the first 30 days. I mean they have totally ruined the forums.. Its like sifting through mounds of poo to find anything useful here! :( (OH, please stop with the WOW references too............)

Anyways BW merge the servers so these people can get a decent playing experience!

Well said!

Those of us on the low population servers that want to be moved keep getting buried in 'this game is failing' nonsense which is not the point we are trying to make. Our servers are just super low and need to be merged.

http://www.torstatus.net/the-fatman/history/7d#!/the-fatman/history/30d

Ah, this explains much :(

EDIT:

Do please note that even on the weekends it's no longer as high as it was the first few days.

Oh please...

Let me explain this really slowly.

This... game... was... released... during... christmas... break.

Of course there is gonna be more people playing during those launch days than one week after when people go back to work.

What you should understand is that from the week of january 4 to 7 to the current week the trend has pretty much mantained constant (though slightly descending due to the 1st month effect).

Also, i believe that the cap for the designations of light,standard, heavy and full has been raised a couple of weeks ago, wich casts a shadow over how accurate this data might be in the grand scheme.

Edited by Nemmar

My server pop is actually still gradually increasing.

No it's all lies the game is fail doooommmm doooomm!!!!! :rolleyes:

Last night I had a eight minuet wait in the Queue on EH....I have heard similar story's on other servers they actually limited Box copies in the UK and Germany because the population was growing too fast...that was confirmed by Gerog Zoller on his Google plus account...yet the Riders of Doom keep kicking the BS notion that the game has some how failed.

Will it ever reach WoW numbers; who cares? Even WoW didn't reach WoW numbers as those Asian accounts have always been nebulous and if the subs keep Hemorrhaging Bioware won't have to reach. In any event I miss the days when gamers talked about game play instead of pretending to be corporate speculation analyst.

Well said!

Those of us on the low population servers that want to be moved keep getting buried in 'this game is failing' nonsense which is not the point we are trying to make. Our servers are just super low and need to be merged.

I really think a better way would be free (or very low cost) transfers from the low population servers. Merging them is not a good idea. It is good for players to have a choice of playing on a low population server if they want to. If there was a large amount of low pop server, then yes, merging would be the only way. But that is not the case.

I really think a better way would be free (or very low cost) transfers from the low population servers. Merging them is not a good idea. It is good for players to have a choice of playing on a low population server if they want to. If there was a large amount of low pop server, then yes, merging would be the only way. But that is not the case.

Yes that would probably be a better idea. It would also alleviate a lot of the concerns over character and guild names (so if your name is taken on one server, choose to transfer to a different one).

Regardless of growth or not, some servers, including the one I'm one, are not showing any real population growth anymore and with the fanning out of the players over more and more levels, it means that finding players becomes harder for, for example, flashpoints.

I gave up on my level 34 Sniper on my server to start on a heavy populated server, because finding people is such a pain and I feel my server is becoming rather overstretched.