Why is it against the rules to make money in this game?

notafanboy

The mods are sleeping. This thread is against the forum rules simply due to the fact that it's forbidden to discuss bans on the forums. If the mods wanted to move against this thread they would have done so.

So you're telling me there are no mods at all active on this forum?

So why has this thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=131513 (created after mine) already been closed by a mod. But the thread we are all in is still open? Oh I know, because I'm not lying.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think they not banning you for buying low and selling high, i think tehy bannign you for doing it alot fo times not just once or twice. seem to ema fter so many tehy think you abusing teh system and giving you a hard warning of" we warned you about this in the user aggreement, so stop or else"

of course this jsut my take on it, and with out talking or knowing someone in BW i'll never be 100%

So I've been banned for playing the economy? A staple in ALL MMOs?

Let's see what was in the email you got. Assuming you actually got one, which I'm willing to bet you didn't.

Typos and a copy/pasted link.

He post it already.

Unfair bans and bad GM behavior can really sink the reputation of a game, and apparently the trolls didn't just grasp this they also learned a wee bit of photoshop. Still can't spell for ****, though. :rolleyes:

Typos and a copy/pasted link.

He post it already.

Unfair bans and bad GM behavior can really sink the reputation of a game, and apparently the trolls didn't just grasp this they also learned a wee bit of photoshop. Still can't spell for ****, though. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's why I mentioned it. All I've seen so far is the exact same badly-Photoshopped image several other trolls have posted.

http://imgur.com/DnnfM

Here is the message.

Obviously a phishing e-mail, the website that is linked in that looks awfully suspicious and they mis-spelled permanent.

And as we have no other evidence of you yourself being banned I end this with a good day.

EDIT: Also take note how it says that no action has been taken against the account (if it were a real e-mail), and yet you're claiming you were banned? No sir, get off.

Edited by Sajuto

If you have one account that you just use to buy and sell things, yeah they don't like that.

They also don't like it if you have a second account that you use for a guild vault. Low levels with too much loot will get your account red flagged.

Obviously a phishing e-mail, the website that is linked in that looks awfully suspicious and they mis-spelled permanent.

And as we have no other evidence of you yourself being banned I end this with a good day.

EDIT: Also take note how it says that no action has been taken against the account (if it were a real e-mail), and yet you're claiming you were banned? No sir, get off.

Strangely, it's also exactly like the same image used by every other troll who has claimed this happened to them, and it specifically says it's not a ban (which all the trolls seem to miss).

Definitely nothing to see here. Moving along.

Edited by imtrick

It wasn't my e-mail, just one recieved from another player. Not gonna make an account on a photo-sharing website when that picture already proves what my picture would.

Phishing e-mail could also be true.

If I only had a penny for all the e-mails I got from Blizzard stating that my account has been banned for exploiting.... And no, there hasn't been an active sub on it since my last payment. 5 years ago.

Edited by Senefera

I call you biodrones because that's what you are. You defend Bioware even when they're wrong.

Please explain to me why buying underpriced items and selling them at the normal price is wrong and should be a bannable offense? Why? Because you and that other guy in this thread keep avoiding that question.

It is a bannable offense because it is their ToS.

It is bannable to mass buy under priced items that you don't need for the sheer purpose of making credits because Bioware said so.

You bought their game and they're letting you play it. They don't have to.

If you didn't read the ToS but agreed to them then you're the one who needs fixing, not Bioware.

P.S. Google independent and dependent clauses please.

So you're telling me there are no mods at all active on this forum?

So why has this thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=131513 (created after mine) already been closed by a mod. But the thread we are all in is still open? Oh I know, because I'm not lying.

Have you heard the saying that begins "give a man enough rope.....". imho a lot of people reply negatively because as yet you haven't shown proof concerning your personal banning. some people need things like this I guess

It is a bannable offense because it is their ToS.

It is bannable to mass buy under priced items that you don't need for the sheer purpose of making credits because Bioware said so.

You bought their game and they're letting you play it. They don't have to.

If you didn't read the ToS but agreed to them then you're the one who needs fixing, not Bioware.

P.S. Google independent and dependent clauses please.

Since so few people actually read this stuff, why don't you go ahead and copy/paste and post it for us?

I'd like to see if this is legit, because I can save a lot of time by removing this game from my computer asap and no longer wasting my time on my alts and crafting professions.

Economy is what keeps me playing mmos. I want to know NOW if this will be a problem.

Since so few people actually read this stuff, why don't you go ahead and copy/paste and post it for us?

I'd like to see if this is legit, because I can save a lot of time by removing this game from my computer asap and no longer wasting my time on my alts and crafting professions.

Economy is what keeps me playing mmos. I want to know NOW if this will be a problem.

if u look at the bottom of post page there are links to tos and rules of conduct where you can read them in full rather than just cut and pastes which can be out of context

Have you ever even spoken to the Bioware customer service? The only native English speaker I've heard was a pre-recorded message. Everyone is outsourced to India. Why is it so surprising that non-native english speakers make a small mistake with their english?

Odd when i called during beta I got through to a lovely irish lady who helped me out (forgot one of my secret question answers.

Did take 10 minutes to get through. which in the world of CS is fast.

And yes I definitely knew she was irish. I have worked in many call centres and I am native English. I can tell the difference.

Frankly this Hoax thread should have been closed already. yes using very low level toons to buy lots and resell and sneak about high level areas is dodgy and should be investigated to prevent gold farming.

Looking at the current gold sellers prices which are really high..why on earth would people pay a days wage for the same amount you could earn playing the game for 8 hours?!

Edited by xceptionzero

Good pelase unsub. Parasites who ruin the economy. You create nothing but take everything