Why is it against the rules to make money in this game?

notafanboy

So when I go on the GTN and see low priced items I'm not allowed to buy those items and sell them at the normal price? Why is that a bannable offense?

Not sure what the rules say about this, but why would you even want to do that? I have never had any money problems in SWTOR and all the cash I get is from mission rewards and selling loot. Sometimes I buy stuff from galactic market, and the only time I'm selling anything there it is to lower-than-market-value cause I know I myself would be happy to find something like that when on a lower level. Guess it was probably you or some other greedy guy that bought my stuff instead to make a buck, but that won't change how I do it.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well when my ban is up I'll never use the GTN again if it's against the rules to make money. It's a shame seeing as how expensive training and speeder bike training is.

F*ck this sh*t ToS, im gonna go around and actually play the damn AH when im max lvl, its how I make money in my games

lol what are you talking about? All I did was buy underpriced items and sell them at a higher price. I'm not lying. Stop pretending that I'm lying just so you can defend Bioware.

notafanboy = flagged

Come on. Stir the toilet more. I am sure you'll have perma ban in no time.

read the sticky in this forum where the devs discuss this in detail

anything that gives a monetary advantage is against TOS in this game.

and yes buying low and reselling high will definitely get you a warning and if you continue a ban.

the dev posted in the sticky thread any low level chars using the market or going to a high level planet farming slice nodes are whatnot will be warned and banned.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=120099

they are SUPER strict on the economy.

And yes I got the email also but anytime you mention it devs erase the post cause "no discussing moderation"

so this will probably disappear, but read the sticky in this forum from the dev on actions taken against accounts.

and if you dont believe then go right ahead and game the market buy low, sell high watch what happens.

Edited by Qoaa

why? If it's too high priced it won't sell and the seller is just wasting money. But if it is selling, then the seller is listing at market price. There's nothing wrong with that.

The market typically takes care of itself, and that's a fact.

exactly

I certainly do not want to get a "permeate" ban! It sounds.. scary.

So.

What's up with this huge inflation of fake ban screenshots we keep seeing all over the internetz? Is it the new trololo, or..?

I feel old..

Have you ever even spoken to the Bioware customer service? The only native English speaker I've heard was a pre-recorded message. Everyone is outsourced to India. Why is it so surprising that non-native english speakers make a small mistake with their english?

I certainly do not want to get a "permeate" ban! It sounds.. scary.

So.

What's up with this huge inflation of fake ban screenshots we keep seeing all over the internetz? Is it the new trololo, or..?

I feel old..

Prob, but really I am just surprised they can spell THE right instead of teh. Guess permanent tho is another thing.

Not sure what the rules say about this, but why would you even want to do that? I have never had any money problems in SWTOR and all the cash I get is from mission rewards and selling loot. Sometimes I buy stuff from galactic market, and the only time I'm selling anything there it is to lower-than-market-value cause I know I myself would be happy to find something like that when on a lower level. Guess it was probably you or some other greedy guy that bought my stuff instead to make a buck, but that won't change how I do it.

Because many people find the economic aspect of mmos enjoyable. This includes both crafting and market dominance.

Have you ever even spoken to the Bioware customer service? The only native English speaker I've heard was a pre-recorded message. Everyone is outsourced to India. Why is it so surprising that non-native english speakers make a small mistake with their english?

Because this is a form letter, not a phone conversation.

Edited by Syas

and yes buying low and reselling high will definitely get you a warning and if you continue a ban.

the dev posted in the sticky thread any low level chars using the market or going to a high level planet farming slice nodes are whatnot will be warned and banned.

And yes I got the email also but anytime you mention it devs erase the post cause "no discussing moderation"

so this will probably disappear, but read the sticky in this forum from the dev on actions taken against accounts.

and if you dont believe then go right ahead and game the market buy low, sell high watch what happens.

That's complete BS. Anybody can buy low sell high. Are they going to make undercutting a bannable offense? Because if people want to sell items they undercut and if people can't buy low and sell high items will be worthless. If they're so concerned about the economy why don't they just make all items a set price on the GTN that you can't change.

So basically they are doing anything possible to make this subscription game as far from a mmo as possible?

Economy is a STAPLE of mmos. One of the most basic design aspects.

Biodrones gonna drone.

Ahhh there it is. You post a troll thread about a fake ban. Then you post a false, vague warning that has been circulating the forums for the last day or so and claim it was sent to you. Finally, you take the offensive stance and call people "biodrones."

Now your trolling is complete. Well done.

This really upsets me. I was trying to forget that this game is so far removed from an mmo. It is so linear and lacking in huge areas to explore. I already feel like I have no real control over how I develop my character. This will now only enhance that experience. I am bummed.

Ahhh there it is. You post a troll thread about a fake ban. Then you post a false, vague warning that has been circulating the forums for the last day or so and claim it was sent to you. Finally, you take the offensive stance and call people "biodrones."

I call you biodrones because that's what you are. You defend Bioware even when they're wrong.

Please explain to me why buying underpriced items and selling them at the normal price is wrong and should be a bannable offense? Why? Because you and that other guy in this thread keep avoiding that question.

/thread

He's been flagged already.

/thread

He's been flagged already.

Please explain to me why buying underpriced items and selling them at the normal price is wrong and should be a bannable offense? Why? Because you and that other guy in this thread keep avoiding that question.

Please explain to me why buying underpriced items and selling them at the normal price is wrong and should be a bannable offense?

Buying underpriced items and relisting them is not a bannable offense. Whatever you really did to earn a ban probably is.

If you are indirectly reffering to the Illium issues with nodes, this was an exploit. What people were doing is exploiting nodes by working with players of the other faction. Apparently when one faction cleared an area of nodes it caused the nodes to respawn for the other faction. So by alternating between the factions harvesting you could basically harvest high end nodes limitlessly. That is what caused the small number of warnings and temporary bans. It is also why those nodes have been removed form the game in the last patch.

Nobody has been banned for playing the market.