Why is it against the rules to make money in this game?

notafanboy

So when I go on the GTN and see low priced items I'm not allowed to buy those items and sell them at the normal price? Why is that a bannable offense?

It isn't, that's why you haven't been banned and are just lying to get people riled up. :rolleyes:

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So when I go on the GTN and see low priced items I'm not allowed to buy those items and sell them at the normal price? Why is that a bannable offense?

Yes it can be and has been in other games as well. WoW included. Get over yourself already.

Edited by Daeborn

It isn't, that's why you haven't been banned and are just lying to get people riled up. :rolleyes:

I posted a link to a message giving a warning for the offense I was banned for. Not my message I recieved because I don't feel like making an account on some image sharing website and uploading it there.

ingame ban doesn't affect forum account posts. don't ask why. it's like explaining why they need queues to access the forums during heavy loads...

Yes it can be and has been in other games as well. WoW included. Get over yourself already.

I don't care that it's bannable in WoW too. Why is that a bannable offense? I've played tons of MMOs and never once been banned for buying underpriced items and selling them at normal price to make money.

I posted a link to a message giving a warning for the offense I was banned for. Not my message I recieved because I don't feel like making an account on some image sharing website and uploading it there.

IF you're constantly hoarding certain items you find on the AH to inflate prices you can, and should be banned. I am totally for perma banning you.

I'm so glad they are doing this. No more dirty players manipulating the game and buying everything.

How is that manipulating the game? If people sell items to low then other players will undercut them and continue to undercut until it's more profitable to vendor gear.

So this is why the GTN UI is so crap, to discourage ppl using it.

Kudos to you sir, you managed to break a mental blockade that i have agaisnt using that POS auction house, and that is actually breaking the rules.

Funny thing is, I love playing the AH in every game I play, and cba with this one

IF you're constantly hoarding certain items you find on the AH to inflate prices you can, and should be banned. I am totally for perma banning you.

Who ever said I'm hoarding them? All I did was buy underpriced items and sold them at normal price. How is that manipulating the economy? Why is it a bannable offense ot make money?

I don't care that it's bannable in WoW too. Why is that a bannable offense? I've played tons of MMOs and never once been banned for buying underpriced items and selling them at normal price to make money.

I could care less about your whiny comments. You got warned/banned for a valid reason. You don't like it head to a game that will let you. Let me know when you find one.

So this is why the GTN UI is so crap, to discourage ppl using it.

Kudos to you sir, you managed to break a mental blockade that i have agaisnt using that POS auction house, and that is actually breaking the rules.

Funny thing is, I love playing the AH in every game I play, and cba with this one

Well when my ban is up I'll never use the GTN again if it's against the rules to make money. It's a shame seeing as how expensive training and speeder bike training is.

I could care less about your whiny comments. You got warned/banned for a valid reason. You don't like it head to a game that will let you. Let me know when you find one.

Buying low and selling high is a common practice. It was not a bannable offense in WoW. It was not a bannable offense in any other game I played, to my knowledge.

Now, if that is what the OP was actually doing... who knows. :p

Why? If it's too high priced it won't sell and the seller is just wasting money. But if it IS selling, then the seller is listing at market price. There's nothing wrong with that.

The market typically takes care of itself, and that's a fact.

Who ever said I'm hoarding them? All I did was buy underpriced items and sold them at normal price. How is that manipulating the economy? Why is it a bannable offense ot make money?

That's exactly what they're looking for. You seeing one or even two items on the AH and trying to turn a profit is not the problem now is it? I know you are well aware of why you received the warning. You wish to lie and stir the pot on the forum only makes you look worse.

If this is for real I can see a ton of people unsubbing; myself included. This is supposed to be an mmo and playing the market is one aspect that many people enjoy. Finding a sweet, low-priced item to make yourself some quick virtual currency which brings you closer to something you are saving for is part of the fun. I honestly hope this is BS.

That's exactly what they're looking for. You seeing one or even two items on the AH and trying to turn a profit is not the problem now is it? I know you are well aware of why you received the warning. You wish to lie and stir the pot on the forum only makes you look worse.

lol what are you talking about? All I did was buy underpriced items and sell them at a higher price. I'm not lying. Stop pretending that I'm lying just so you can defend Bioware.