Why is it against the rules to make money in this game?

notafanboy

guildy got warned for buying up ton of 300 credit crystals and putting them back up for 1000

read the sticky in this forum

you will be warned and banned for gaming market or low level going to high level zone and farming slice nodes

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=120099

There is nothing about playing the GTN for profit in the initial sticky. Is it buried in a reply?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I call you biodrones because that's what you are. You defend Bioware even when they're wrong.

Please explain to me why buying underpriced items and selling them at the normal price is wrong and should be a bannable offense? Why? Because you and that other guy in this thread keep avoiding that question.

I'm not defending BioWare. I am calling you a liar. If this was true, I would be mad. It isn't. I have done this. I have not gotten a warning. You did something else or you did not get banned. Again, I'm not defending BioWare. I'm attacking you. See the difference?

Buying underpriced items and relisting them is not a bannable offense. Whatever you really did to earn a ban probably is.

But that's all I did. And if you've been reading the thread it's what a lot of people have done and received a warning/ban for.

If you are indirectly reffering to the Illium issues with nodes, this was an exploit. What people were doing is exploiting nodes by working with players of the other faction. Apparently when one faction cleared an area of nodes it caused the nodes to respawn for the other faction. So by alternating between the factions harvesting you could basically harvest high end nodes limitlessly. That is what caused the small number of warnings and temporary bans. It is also why those nodes have been removed form the game in the last patch.

Nobody has been banned for playing the market.

I have been banned. Some other people in this thread have been banned and others have received warnings.

I'm not defending BioWare. I am calling you a liar. If this was true, I would be mad. It isn't. I have done this. I have not gotten a warning. You did something else or you did not get banned. Again, I'm not defending BioWare. I'm attacking you. See the difference?

And you keep avoiding the question. Also I've reported you for harassment. You've even openly admitted it in that post.

Edited by notafanboy

Intelligence should not = warn/ban

If you buy things at too high a price you only have yourself to blame.

Intelligence is overpowered as it gives you an advantage over stupid players which happen to also pay subs and there is much more of them than intelligent players. It's Economics 101.

I do that to make money, so I can buy things like the expensive training, and crafting training, and speeder bike training, and craftable armors.

Seems to me like you're doing something wrong if you can't afford that anyway. Still, to return to your original post (and without knowing the details) it does seem a bit harsh to bann you for that. I wouldn't want to socialize with you, but that's just me. Play it however you want as long as it does not affect me.

i think you all need to get off the broken record. Or all of you too young to even know what a record is....

If it is happening don't like then leave the game, we wont miss you,

If its not happening stop feeding the troll and get on with your lives.

If you don't like the Titantic then leave the ship. We won't miss you on the Titanic.

Intelligence is overpowered as it gives you an advantage over stupid players which happen to also pay subs and there is much more of them than intelligent players. It's Economics 101.

Same reason they don't want macros or any sort of complexity that can give an intelligent person an advantage. This is the price we get to pay for the "everyone wins" mentality currently plaguing our education system and child upbringing.

Guess what people. Life is NOT FAIR. It never will be.

I like the game, but I hate this kind of insipid crap. I will do some research, if I find that any player, even one, has been banned for only playing the market, in whatever fashion, hoarding or otherwise, I will be unsubbing instantly.

I could care less about your whiny comments. You got warned/banned for a valid reason. You don't like it head to a game that will let you. Let me know when you find one.

Wow dude, you seriously need a life.

>implying you can only have one account

Have you read the part of the terms of use about using a second account to bypass a ban? Unless you're lying through your teeth (which I assume you are), you should check that part out.

So, two options here: You're either lying, or not very bright. That being the case, it wouldn't surprise me if you really had somehow managed to get yourself banned.

Edited by imtrick

Here is the answer, I will bold it for you this time.

There is nothing wrong with doing that.

Question not avoided at all. Just, again, saying you are lying.

Keep saying I'm lying. Whatever. You can just pretend that the countless number of other people who have been banned/warned for buying low and selling high are all trolls and liars. And if you really think I'm lying or a troll, why do you keep bumping this thread?

It's because you know I'm not lying/trolling and you're trying to convince yourself I am because you planned on investing the next 5 years of your life into this game and don't want to admit when Bioware does something wrong.

Have you read the part of the terms of use about using a second account to bypass a ban? Unless you're lying through your teeth (which I assume you are), you should check that part out.

So, two options here: You're either lying, or not very bright. That being the case, it wouldn't surprise me if you really had somehow managed to get yourself banned.

Yup I did get banned for doing nothing more then buy low and sell high.

Keep saying I'm lying. Whatever. You can just pretend that the countless number of other people who have been banned/warned for buying low and selling high are all trolls and liars. And if you really think I'm lying or a troll, why do you keep bumping this thread?

It's because you know I'm not lying/trolling and you're trying to convince yourself I am because you planned on investing the next 5 years of your life into this game and don't want to admit when Bioware does something wrong.

wow, you got me

/buys low

/sells high

/DOESNT GET BANNED

herpaderpderp

OK... True Story... I've been occasionally helping guildies on lower planets. When I get loot that neither they or I can use I sell it on the GTN for the minimum amount allowed just to be nice. I guess folks could just buy that stuff and relist it. Not really what I was intending but I hope no one would really get banned if they did.

I would like to point out the last time one of these threads (a few days ago with ilum) was not closed there was something (as in the OP was telling the truth) to it.

The mods are sleeping. This thread is against the forum rules simply due to the fact that it's forbidden to discuss bans on the forums. If the mods wanted to move against this thread they would have done so.

Countless? Name one. All I've seen is the same email copied and pasted into a bunch of forum posts without a single person other than you (who I find extremely hard to believe) ever claiming to have seen it happen personally.

Let's see what was in the email you got. Assuming you actually got one, which I'm willing to bet you didn't.

I would like to point out the last time one of these threads (a few days ago with ilum) was not closed there was something (as in the OP was telling the truth) to it.

Truth doesn't matter to some people on these threads. They'd rather lie to themselves that Bioware can never do anything wrong.

i think they not banning you for buying low and selling high, i think tehy bannign you for doing it alot fo times not just once or twice. seem to ema fter so many tehy think you abusing teh system and giving you a hard warning of" we warned you about this in the user aggreement, so stop or else"

of course this jsut my take on it, and with out talking or knowing someone in BW i'll never be 100%

The mods are sleeping. This thread is against the forum rules simply due to the fact that it's forbidden to discuss bans on the forums. If the mods wanted to move against this thread they would have done so.

Again I point out that the other thread was intentionally left open and it discussed a ban.

Also it is 7pm EST they are not sleeping.