Just a simple question when it comes cancelling..

Axvil

when you cancel your gym membership, do you go down to your ex-gym every day, sit in the lobby and tell people coming in and out why you decided to cancel?

do you make up posters and plaster them on your gym's walls?

If not, then why lurk these forums after you cancelled your swtor subscription? No one cares why you feel let down by a game that's only been out for 14 days (including xmass and new years)..

-so long, and thanks for all the fish..

when you cancel your gym membership, do you go down to your ex-gym every day, sit in the lobby and tell people coming in and out why you decided to cancel?

Some people do this...seriously. I saw a woman standing outside a restaurant once holding a sign that said "Do not eat here, blah, blah, blah"

People with too much times on their hands apparently.

I cancelled my account last night. Tonight when I get home, I will open it again and play for a bit. Then cancel again before I go to bed. Then I will tell you about it. Don't tell me what to do! You don't own me!

If not, then why lurk these forums after you cancelled your swtor subscription? No one cares why you feel let down by a game that's only been out for 14 days (including xmass and new years)..

Do you want to know why? It's because they want the game to be better. They want to change the game to make it enjoyable. Not to mention, I don't know about your gym but I got to preview mine before I signed up. I didn't have to pay $60 to try the machines and find out that they didn't function properly.

If I had I probably would of gone to the gym and had it out with their management. :)

BW needs to institute a bot that will scan the forums and look for "I canceled" quotes that will then scan their account to see if they did.

If they did, they lock their forum posting till their account elapses.

If they didn't, the bot flips the "Troll" flag in their account and put a big "This person is a troll" in the player's sig.

I cancelled my account last night. Tonight when I get home, I will open it again and play for a bit. Then cancel again before I go to bed. Then I will tell you about it. Don't tell me what to do! You don't own me!

Because people like this can act however they want on the internet, without everyone pointing out what a douche they are. The anonymity of the internet is a powerful thing.

BW needs to institute a bot that will scan the forums and look for "I canceled" quotes that will then scan their account to see if they did.

If they didn't, the bot flips the "Troll" flag in their account and put a big "This person is a troll" in the player's sig.

This is pure win!

No they don't. I know it's rhetorical but I like to feel involved. Result of internet anonymity, and a lot of geeky/loser 13 year old whiney Americans.

Do you want to know why? It's because they want the game to be better. They want to change the game to make it enjoyable. Not to mention, I don't know about your gym but I got to preview mine before I signed up. I didn't have to pay $60 to try the machines and find out that they didn't function properly.

Why would someone who doesn't play a game want to make it better.

If I had I probably would of gone to the gym and had it out with their management. :)

No you wouldn't.

I absolutely tell people when I have a bad experience with a company that leads to me leaving them. I tend to use Facebook for that though. A few months back I left Wells Fargo because of a change they were making to my checking account. I expressed my displeasure with the bank manager and let them know I would be closing my account. I then e-mailed their corporate office and got a nice canned response. I followed that up with a Facebook post about my experience warning others against banking with Wells Fargo. I then cancelled my account with them and moved my money to a credit union.

I believe very much in letting people know when a company does wrong things. Word of mouth is what keeps companies in line. Without that, companies would not care about keeping their customer's happy.

I tend to use Facebook for that though.

I expressed my displeasure with the bank manager and let them know I would be closing my account.

I then e-mailed their corporate office and got a nice canned response.

So, by your own example, you spoke directly to the company and posted on a 3rd party site.

The op is talking about a scenario where you go into the branch and hang around telling everyone in line your problem with the bank, then you go to the break room and tell all the tellers. That's when you promptly get kicked out.

See the difference? You have a problem with TOR and want to cancel? Send an email directly to bioware, then go to your fav MMO, facebook, game site etc. and voice your concerns there. Don't come here and do it and expect people to care.

We're the customers waiting in line who just want to deposit our check and go on with life.

I don't buy it, Ahlin..

If these people really just want the game to get better, then they should not be cancelling their subscription.

Heck, I want the game to be better! I could list a lot of minor to ridiculously huge issues that I want fixed -yesterday-, but I don't 'threaten' to cancel, I will wait for BW to get back from their Xmass thing and start working on patches etc.

also, many of you are right, using a gym membership analogy might not have been the best :)

I fully second that, that would just be awesome to see happening.

but better isnt' objective.

you want the game to be something that YOU like.

You pay 60$ for the machines to WORK. if they do not work then there is a problem

if they dont' WORK the way YOU imagined then this is YOUR problem.

if you pay $60 and you want to be arnold in 1 month this is YOUR fault.

And swtor machines are working properly, they need some tweaking but they work.

why in the world would you make a thread on this? Why do YOU care someone canceled? And if they stay and post? And haha is nothing like GYM.. lol

Come on guys .. you are not talking to anyone.. so your cry about them posting QQ stuff as to why they quit and yet here YOU are making a thread and all getting together QQ'ing each other on canceling.

Post in the thread where they are posting... Oh and I am 100% sure they could careless what you think.

And the DEVS do care why ANYONE quits. So HELP the came and mods by not adding to the problem.. don't keep talking about it and guess what..it goes away.. but its about them.. its about YOU.

Its TEXT dont let a few lines upset you.. JC coming ..

I don't buy it, Ahlin..

If these people really just want the game to get better, then they should not be cancelling their subscription.

Heck, I want the game to be better! I could list a lot of minor to ridiculously huge issues that I want fixed -yesterday-, but I don't 'threaten' to cancel, I will wait for BW to get back from their Xmass thing and start working on patches etc.

also, many of you are right, using a gym membership analogy might not have been the best :)

Canceling your sub is the perfect way to get through to a company. If you don't give them your money you're saying "I won't pay for your product in it's current condition".

That sends a much more clear message than "I'll keep paying for this even though I dont' like it". If you're going to keep paying whether they change things or not...why would they change things?

+1 for epic gym analogy. :D

Because they are not cancelling and have no intention to cancel. They troll the forums to get emotional responses from folks that can not tell they are being jerked around by the trolls. It is what trolls do.

90% of the folks saying they have canceled are lying. They will still be here 3 months from now. Claiming they hate the game and that they only keep paying 15 dollars a month so they can tell people on the forums how bad the game is.

I don't buy it, Ahlin..

That's a pretty sensible attitude. Pretty much my attitude towards it too. When I got into early access I canceled my WoW account because I thought I would enthralled by this game for months. Turns out I wasn't, resubbed to WoW yesterday, still have my SWTOR sub going though, I will keep it for awhile to see if they fix what's bothering me about the game. Question is how much time do you give them, weeks, months, years? Me personally I'll give em a couple months, some are less patient, some more.

Oh and the gym analogy is flawed, if I stand outside the entrance to a gym screaming about how horrible it is I'm forcing everyone to listen to my rants. If "I canceled my account, here's why" threads upset you so much, you could, you know, not actually read them, that's an option. I personally love them, they're hilarious, it's like a wrestling match between those who hate the game with a passion and those who blindly love it, both sides being insanely retarded.

Edited by leondore

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.