Thank you for the excellent patch!

Ainotna

The #1 problem is how the community acts. I have seen post where the person who is displeased organized a well thought out, logical and civil post. Unfortunately that is even less than the minority.

Just because you disagree with anyone doesn't mean you should act the way most do.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Nonsense? Like referencing how devs should handle technical issues and referencing how great Blizzard supposedly is right after a mere 3 hour weekly maintainance in the game's first month while some players in early WoW had over 20 days refunded from servers being shut down for days.

Caring isn't an excuse for asinine threats or dishonesty.

Early WoW was 7 years ago, back when games of this scale were uncommon, back when hardware was less powerful, back when the game developing (and playing) world had a lot less experience with MMOs. Stop comparing the issues a pioneering company (none of the other MMOs pre-WoW had anywhere near the amount of players WoW had and has) had with the issues a company building on that work 7 years down the road has.

To make an equally stupid comparison: It's not a problem the suspension on my new Ford sucks terribly, the one on my great-grandfather's model-T was even worse! And to those who think that somehow software engineering hasn't improved over the past 7 years so the previous comparison is not applicable: please crawl back under your rock...if there's any field in which things have improved so rapidly that that exact comparison makes perfect sense it's software design and development.

No you don't. Turn on FPS and actually watch it. Guaranteed your FPS is spiking and sporadic. You just personally can't tell the difference. <snip>

Ok I LOL'd at the bold part. If you can't tell the difference I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter what the FPS meter is saying... because you can play the game and CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE.

Carry on.

How is it brown nosing for praising them in making steps in the right direction? At the same time, I could criticize you for being so very negative, and ignoring the fact that they're trying to fix everything. I'm not sure why everyone expects some magic patch right out of the gate that fixes absolutely everything. They've said they're working on it, give them time, and in the meantime stop being so negative, it helps NO ONE.

Dont mind him. He just upset that ALL of his issues have not been fixed yet. Typical "If it doesn't impact me, I dont care about it."

To make an equally stupid comparison: It's not a problem the suspension on my new Ford sucks terribly, the one on my great-grandfather's model-T was even worse! And to those who think that somehow software engineering hasn't improved over the past 7 years so the previous comparison is not applicable: please crawl back under your rock...if there's any field in which things have improved so rapidly that that exact comparison makes perfect sense it's software design and development.

I had less bugs playing Ultima 7 than i had playing ultima 9. Being released later doesn´t mean being better, more stable, more playable, in any way.

Ok I LOL'd at the bold part. If you can't tell the difference I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter what the FPS meter is saying... because you can play the game and CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE.

Carry on.

He doesn't have recount so he's using the FPS meter like how smokers use the patch. He needs his fix.

The guy said he has the same issue on 5 computers. Are you doing proper testing? As in on computers with different hardware, same computers on a different lan, same computers on different isp, different computers on different lans and isp... Etc etc etc...

I got another question for the people constantly complaining. ARE YOU ON THE TEST SERVERS?

You want the dev's ears go there, do bug reports there, make suggestions on the testing forums. Until you do you will just have to get a teddy while you wait.

Early WoW was 7 years ago, back when games of this scale were uncommon,

back when hardware was less powerful, back when the game developing (and playing) world had a lot less experience with MMOs.

WoW wasnt the first MMO m8 ... years and years of MMO "experience" had gone before it (EQ, DoAC, Ultima Online, Lineage, Asheron's Call, Runescape..... etc..)

And while hardware was more primitive, so was the software.. WoW was by no means harder on the hardware then SWTOR is now.

Stop comparing the issues a pioneering company (none of the other MMOs pre-WoW had anywhere near the amount of players WoW had and has) had with the issues a company building on that work 7 years down the road has.

WoW didnt have 11 million subscribers over night also... they started, just like SWTOR, with a million or 2 .. if that.

To keep the comparison to WoW, since you like that so much... WoW had HUGE queues the first few weeks, months. and after every big patch the servers went down again... not to mention all the quest bugs and the "oh look, i can walk through walls" and "Funny, an unfinished area when iw alk backwards and 3 steps to the right" or just falling through the damn world altogether.

I know its hard to remember the bad things about your wet dream game... but WoW had as many flaws as any other game.

SWTOR has, imho (and i played WoW also for 5 years from the beta till well into WotLK), alot less bugs, server queues, graphical glitches etc.. as WoW.

And the bugs/glitches it does have arent gamebreaking at all...

i have all the faith in the world that Bioware will straighten out the bugs and glitches after a few weeks of patches.. and then we get new content and expansions and .. and...

(Hell, i think we're getting a new FP and Operations instance already next week if i read it correctly).

Anyway, long story.. stop whining and stop claiming facts when they are only in your head.

Praising Bioware is very cute and all, but helps no one. Remember that this is their job and we pay them for doing it. They have no reason to deliver if there is no demand. Hence, putting pressure on them is the only way to get results.

People do a good job for a variety of reasons. One of those is job satisfaction. Telling someone they have done a good job adds to job satisfaction. If all you do is kick someone, sooner than later it doesn't hurt any more and they won't respond to it.

Thanks for the patch Bioware! Awesome job on getting it done early as well.

or just falling through the damn world altogether.

...it's funny that you say that because I can recall 3 distinct times during Cataclysm that I fell through the world to my death and/or to the point that I needed to relog.

...it's funny that you say that because I can recall 3 distinct times during Cataclysm that I fell through the world to my death and/or to the point that I needed to relog.

Yeah i know... but hey... you cant blame Blizzard... the game was only 7 years old by then :p

Honestly patches this early in an MMO tend to be more 'meaty' than what BW has done so far. As everyone who reads these boards can see there are many issues to fix but they don't appear to be addressing many of them in the first two patches.

All patches I have seen so far are INCREDIBLY light. WoWs patches always had so much substance and goodness in them. By the looks of it I would guess bioware only has one dude assigned to writing patches. HIRE SOME PEOPLE!

Hotfixes are generally short, while the beefy monthly patches are long toilet reads. At least in the games I've played.

Exactly why I feel like credit should be given where credit is due. :)

They will get credit when they optimize the game, get rid of the random green lights. bring back the beta graphic options. and fix the horrid FPS. until then they dont deserve a inch of credit.

They will get credit when they optimize the game, get rid of the random green lights. bring back the beta graphic options. and fix the horrid FPS. until then they dont deserve a inch of credit.

Here's an idea. Get a modern computer and stop blaming the devs for everything. 80 fps average with max settings and 4x supersampling here, no performance issues.

I can run the game on max with a mid-range £500 PC, what FPS or graphics issues?

Here's an idea. Get a modern computer and stop blaming the devs for everything. 80 fps average with max settings and 4x supersampling here, no performance issues.

"All Hail Bioware! I have no issues, so YOU have no issues!"

Meanwhile, back in Reality...

Have you read the rest of the forums? People all over the place have been having very serious graphics issues of one form or another since launch.

They haven't been fixed - which makes the game unplayable for many people - but you can wave while on a mount.

A SMART game developer doesn't develop a game for a GodBox computer. It designs a game for the average CUSTOMER (important word) with an average computer - which is what Bioware tried to do but failed miserably at because they rushed the game to release in order to cash in on Christmas.

When one has one's proboscis too close to certain areas of a large company's anatomy, it can be rather difficult to see the reality beyond the cheeks. :)

Edited by Stelakh

Bioware: Hey guys we fixed some pretty major bugs today and did it in 1/3 of the time we allotted.

Regular people: Thanks! You guys ROCK!

Forum people: YOU DIDN'T FIX WHAT I WANTED TO BE FIXED, YOUR GAME SUCKS AND I'VE CANCELLED MY SUB. CATER TO MEEEEEEE!

Edited by VicSkimmr

"All Hail Bioware! I have no issues, so YOU have no issues!"

Meanwhile, back in Reality...

Have you read the rest of the forums? People all over the place have been having very serious graphics issues of one form or another since launch.

They haven't been fixed - which makes the game unplayable for many people - but you can wave while on a mount.

A SMART game developer doesn't develop a game for a GodBox computer. It designs a game for the average player - which is what Bioware tried to do but failed miserably at because they rushed the game to release in order to cash in on Christmas.

When one has one's proboscis too close to certain areas of a large company's anatomy, it can be rather difficult to see the reality beyond the cheeks. :)

So what IS the cause of the problem? Do you know? Granted I have a PoS computer and run the game on low settings but I used to have fps issues SOMETIMES indoors. Haven't seen it since I turned off shadows. Outside of that I don't and my computer is crap.

Now I'm not saying you do not have an issue, what I'm asking is do you know the cause? Before you can start on a fix you need to know and understand WHY it is happening. Post some DX info, what's your driver version, type of video card, amount of memory. The more info will help.

Just saying this is a problem fix it now with no kind of technical info does not help.

Edited by DarthKhaos

Bioware: Hey guys we fixed some pretty major bugs today and did it in 1/3 of the time we allotted.

Regular people: Thanks! You guys ROCK!

Forum people: YOU DIDN'T FIX WHAT I WANTED TO BE FIXED, YOUR GAME SUCKS AND I'VE CANCELLED MY SUB. CATER TO MEEEEEEE!

Nah. It's not like that at all.

It's that adding the ability to use emotes is 100% less important than fixing issues that make the game unplayable for paying customers.

There's a certain lack of priorities in some of the things they do that is rather surprising.

My new mantra: See Beyond The Cheeks.

So what IS the cause of the problem? Do you know? Granted I have a PoS computer and run the game on low settings but I used to have fps issues SOMETIMES indoors. Haven't seen it since I turned off shadows. Outside of that I don't and my computer is crap.

Now i'm not saying you do not have an issue, what I'm asking is do you know the cause? Before you can start on a fix you need to know and understand WHY it is happening. Pst some DX info, what's your driver version, type of video card, amount of memory. The more info will help.

Just saying this is a problem fix it now with no kind of technical info does not help.

Yes. I know. But I'm keeping it a secret so Bioware can have fun finding out.

No, I don't know. But there are procedures for submitting a bug that go beyond hitting the help button in-game.

They involve sending an e-mail along with logs that Bioware specifically requests.

Once you do that, then watch as they release patches that include waving on mounts but not a fix to some fairly serious graphics problems that many people are having, and you get an automated response that closes your ticket without any human intervention or any indication that they're working on a fix?

See Beyond The Cheeks.

Edited by Stelakh

Nah. It's not like that at all.

It's that adding the ability to use emotes is 100% less important than fixing issues that make the game unplayable for paying customers.

There's a certain lack of priorities in some of the things they do that is rather surprising.

My new mantra: See Beyond The Cheeks.

you can't possibly be this ignorant. you just can't. you can't assume that adding emotes to the game takes the same effort as fixing huge bugs that affect thousands of players. i refuse to believe that you think that those types of issues can be fixed in the same timeframe.

you can't possibly be this ignorant. you just can't. you can't assume that adding emotes to the game takes the same effort as fixing huge bugs that affect thousands of players. i refuse to believe that you think that those types of issues can be fixed in the same timeframe.

I never said I thought that. I said that emotes on mounts are nowhere near importance when compared to fixing game-breaking issues.

I said that there are priorities, and if you're working on mount emotes - regardless how long it takes or how much effort is involved - you're not working on serious issues.

Adding any ridiculous fluff before this game is in a Ready-to-Market state is absurd. Who gives a rodent's hind-quarters whether or not you can wave to people when you're on your speeder when thousands of customers can't see you At All?

See Beyond The Cheeks

I never said I thought that. I said that emotes on mounts are nowhere near importance when compared to fixing game-breaking issues.

I said that there are priorities, and if you're working on mount emotes - regardless how long it takes or how much effort is involved - you're not working on serious issues.

Adding any ridiculous fluff before this game is in a Ready-to-Market state is absurd. Who gives a rodent's hind-quarters whether or not you can wave to people when you're on your speeder when thousands of customers can't see you At All?

See Beyond The Cheeks

So you think that because they were working on emotes they can't possibly be working on other things simultaneously? They've already explicitly stated that they're working on the things you mentioned. Just because they aren't in this patch doesn't mean they aren't the highest priority for them right now, it just means that the fixes aren't ready to be rolled out yet.

It's no wonder we don't get any communication with the developers on these forums. I mean what's the point? Every time they fix something people just complain that they haven't fixed something else first. And every time they give us a time frame and they don't quite meet it, everyone complains that they've lied to us.

Edited by VicSkimmr

How is it brown nosing for praising them in making steps in the right direction? At the same time, I could criticize you for being so very negative, and ignoring the fact that they're trying to fix everything. I'm not sure why everyone expects some magic patch right out of the gate that fixes absolutely everything. They've said they're working on it, give them time, and in the meantime stop being so negative, it helps NO ONE.

Look how their complaining got them pampered in that other major MMO. As long as they complain and say "I want things to be this way, or else" then they think they are going to get what they want, or else. Or else means? Cancelling sub? All thanks to that major MMO bending it's knees for people like this.

Its cool they actually post something, about the issues they experience, sad part is, they have no civil way of expressing themselves. Long live anonymity.