Sith Assassin Shock > Consular Project?

Lawconis

Call me crazy, but after messing around with both...Shock "feels" better. The damage is instant whereas Project picks a boulder up, then hurls it and then hits for dmg. Is there a dmg delay for Project vs. Shock?

How is this fair in pvp?

/shrug

Edited by Lawconis

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Do the Devs realize this? This is mega imba.

I am going to post and bump this every day until a dev adresses this massive imbalance.

Like that's going to make any difference lol.

I have no problem with project, and this has been bugged since beta so...

Its not a channel its an activation, ie: cant be pushed backed or interrupted and can still be used on the move

its also not longer than the global cooldown, so im not entirely sure what the issue is

Imagine if you and the Sith Assassin are both EXACTLY evenly matched and both of you can only use this skill only without using anything else. If everything being equal except this two skill timing difference then the Sith Assassin will theoritically be able to use the skill more times than you.

Who wins? Go figure

Imagine if you and the Sith Assassin are both EXACTLY evenly matched and both of you can only use this skill only without using anything else. If everything being equal except this two skill timing difference then the Sith Assassin will theoritically be able to use the skill more times than you.

Who wins? Go figure

No. because the GCD is the same on both. if everything is the same between them, they both die. the consular just dies .7 seconds sooner, because the rock will get thrown anyway.

Sure but consider this. What if both of you are at low health. And both of you use your abilities. However, it is not at the same time.

Scenario A) Consular uses Project first. Consular shoots the boulder, then the Inquisitor shocks him before it hits and Consular die. Inquisitor dies as well of course but having had even the 0.1 sec, he was able to kill the Consular as well.

Scenario B) Inquisitor uses Shock first. Consular dies.

Sure but consider this. What if both of you are at low health. And both of you use your abilities. However, it is not at the same time.

Scenario A) Consular uses Project first. Consular shoots the boulder, then the Inquisitor shocks him before it hits and Consular die. Inquisitor dies as well of course but having had even the 0.1 sec, he was able to kill the Consular as well.

Scenario B) Inquisitor uses Shock first. Consular dies.

This.

And having an instant cast makes it easier for inquisitors to interrupt objectives capture.

Who wins? Go figure

Except that if they are both good players, the assassin can use Resilience to avoid a potency project, whereas the shadow has the 'guess' when the assassin will use potency.

It's like people really don't want to think that hitting instantly vs delayed is advantageous at all.

The other thing people seem to be forgetting is that it is not implicitly 1 on 1 situations this is an issue. In teamplay, hitting someone before their next global is ready vs hitting them .8 seconds after that same global is HUGE, especially for an ability they is often used for ranged burst or a finisher.

I actually prefer people freak out when they get hit by 7k in the same second (project/breach hitting same time).

Struggle to find your medpack, squishy!

I support this. The delay on project is a huge advantage for Shadows as you can do major burst damage with project/breach. Especially if you have upheaval also = 2 rocks in the face as well as a force breach.

It aches me every time I see shadows complaining about this since it seems to me they don't realize how much of an advantage it is for us. An advantage that might soon be gone because we are complaining about it ourselves...

It's unbalanced for sure but please stop asking for a fix because, believe me it, will be a nerf. Prepare to see your kill rate go down if your "wish" comes true...

Edited by Yddi

How sure are we that Project is still hitting "late"? I played in two beta weekends, and Project most definitely did hit late then. After the game went live, I noticed the damage frequently hits enemies before the rocks are even fully out of the ground. It seems somewhat variable, and may just be down to latency, but my ping times are generally excellent...

I know you can pop Force Potency AFTER launching the Project and if the rock didn't hit the target yet, Force Potency is still applied. So I'm quite sure the damage is not applied instantly. Edited by Jeckll

No. because the GCD is the same on both. if everything is the same between them, they both die. the consular just dies .7 seconds sooner, because the rock will get thrown anyway.

In theory, except in that .7 time a heal could have gotten off, ran to a heal power up, used an item, etc....

It's really not even close to fair.

I know you can pop Force Potency AFTER launching the Project and if the rock didn't hit the target yet, Force Potency is still applied. So I'm quite sure the damage is not applied instantly.

This, plus I have chased enemies and had to wait for the rock to "hit" them to get the deathblow. Pretty sure it is not instant.

And to the person who complained about using Breach after a Project, thats great, if Breach is up and in range. Sometimes you need that ONE last hit...

BHs have the same type of advantages over Trooper. I don't even want to look into all the mirror classes because I'm scared what I might find.

Devs <3 Sith more?

Do Devs read this stuff?

I am have a hard time believing all this made it out of Beta.

O yea, this game WAS intended for pvp. It was NOT added as an afterfact.