The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Endgame Sucks

NeonLights

I got into Game Testing last summer so that's where I played a lot of different classes and played through the storylines. Going into the live game I'd already done it all and seen it all so I just did a big Spacebar Crusade through the game. So now I'm at endgame with nothing to do but Eternity Vault on Saturday night. Then I'll have to wait a week just to do it again.

bad for you. you got it all done, been there done that.

do something else.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow had one big this this games doesn't... Community. Raiding the other factions towns and citys, defending your towns and citys. Server forums. Much bigger world pvp where other factions actually cross path. Fighing over recorses, herbs, fishing spots.

The ability to summon friends to dungeons, global channels... and many more.

Community!

All I ever saw was people jumping around in Dalran waiting for LFD and BG pops. The only community interaction was the "thanks for group" at the end of a dungeon speed run, and that was with people on a different server that you would never see again.

The community here in TOR is leaps and bounds better than the WoW community I saw, but your mileage may vary.

I don't believe you when you say you have gotten to 50 multiple times. Also to people complaining about Endgame just leave. Believe it or not starting MMOs lack Endgame get over yourself and go back to WoW.

The last part was not directed at you OP, but at the same time kind of.

That's the big problem that I have with this game right now. We all know how big and ambitious SWTOR is. We all know how much hard work they put into making a fully voiced MMO and making eight distinct classes with eight different stories. A lot of hard work went into making the game that lasts from level 1 to level 50. BioWare did a really great job on that part, and their efforts in testing showed. I remember giving lengthy feedback threads to help out.

You'd think they would have put in that same kind of dedication, care and thought into the endgame to make it just as special as the leveling game.

As aforementioned, the reason they didn't is because nearly no MMO ships with a vibrant and well-developed endgame. The oft-cited World of Warcraft had, at best, a raid and a half. Both were miserable affairs during the time in which they were popular, and the raids that could eventually be done with regular groups were hardly any better.

SW:TOR does have many things to do at endgame, and I honestly do not see many of the problems that other people do with the PVP experience -- excepting perhaps Ilum. On the few occasions that I have played a low-level character against high-level characters in PVP, I have usually been the highest performer in spite of that, and my team has generally won.

I will however grant that the level 50 problem is only going to grow... and I suspect the idea is to let it! Once there are enough 50s that the 50s would not be completely isolated in their own bracket, waiting for hours for queues, I suspect that they will get their very own ball game.

I don't believe you when you say you have gotten to 50 multiple times. Also to people complaining about Endgame just leave. Believe it or not starting MMOs lack Endgame get over yourself and go back to WoW.

The last part was not directed at you OP, but at the same time kind of.

Got a Vanguard to 50 in August and did my first level 50 Guardian in October. :) I've done a few more characters to around 30 or so in my time in testing.

The lack of endgame is unacceptable when there's alternatives. That's the thing though, I want to keep playing this game. I want a reason to sub to TOR. With the current endgame I'm just not seeing it.

There's like 4-5 daily quests on Ilum. World bosses, okay I'll give you that. PvP dailies are part of the problem with PvP. Crafting is worthless at endgame. Space missions are boring once you've already beaten Starfox. Grinding heroics all day is meh. Grinding Warzones all day is meh. You can only do Operations once a week.

You may find all of that boring, but there is still stuff to do. Instead of saying that there is nothing to do perhaps people should start giving ideas on how to improve the fun factor in the many things that are there.

the game has been out for more than 3 weeks now and capping is the easiest/fastest in all the MMOs I have played in the last 10 years.

unemployed are the ones that hit 50 on the 3th day, after 3 weeks the real question is "how come you are NOT 50 yet" ?

if you just have 1 hour/week to play, maybe MMOs arent for you...

It's not about the destination its about the journey.

I was in the beta stress tests. I prordered my DD as I'm living in a redzone. Got 3 days early access. My new main is lvl 14. And I'm still enjoying myself :)

If it takes you 2 weeks to"level" your toon, and "Endgame" isn't what you expected... maybe MMO's aren't for you...?

Cheers

NeonLight... I'm sorry to say this but I've seen your problem before.

It's called MMO burn-out.

The purpose of a melody is not it's ending. SWTOR is about the class story you already did in the beta. It's about the exploration, quests and mini-arcs that you bypassed in order to grind XP to max level. It's about immersion in the SW universe that you really don't care about.

You belong in that 1% of players that cannot ever be satisfied because you have far more time to play than most people, you desire to min/max stats and getting the latest, best gear at the exception of evey other element of a game.

You belong in World of Warcraft... a 7 year old MMO that is all about min/maxing stats and endless raid grinding so you have mounts and gear to show off in Orgrimmar or Stormwind because by hell you've put in the time and effort to get them.

Just cancel your sub and head back to WoW.

See ya later, good luck in your travels, and hope you win the roll for the next T14, T15, T16, T17 tiered armor sets.

Roll some alts in the meantime, or unsub for a few months. They'll be more stuff added but it's gonna be a while, if you dont feel like your getting your 15 bucks worth and don't want to wait, don't.

You know your account will still be here...

Why would you condemn any poor sob to that fate? I only tell people to go there when I want to watch them post on the WoW forums and revel in their misery for laughs.

There is a good thread going now...people raging over LFR lol

People don't appreciate being part of the game at the ground floor. Let these passer-throughs get bored and leave. I've said that for years in the pre-release forums. Nothing that is going here surprises me in the least. I remember when I heard about a guild clearing Naxx a week after Wrath's release. Way to go guys. I'm sure they were all in the forums complaining bitterly about the lack of end game.

These type of gamers are quick to throw out words like carebear because they are angry that a company would dare invest 100 million dollars to make a game for a larger audience than their 1/10 of 1% representation. I say, begone!!

I can understand the frustration, but this MMO is 2 weeks old. Of course it is going to have problems that a 7 year old MMO does not (but once had). I think many of us see the diamond in the rough. It is too bad that some people's impatience will cause them to overlook it.

NeonLight... I'm sorry to say this but I've seen your problem before.

It's called MMO burn-out.

The purpose of a melody is not it's ending. SWTOR is about the class story you already did in the beta. It's about the exploration, quests and mini-arcs that you bypassed in order to grind XP to max level. It's about immersion in the SW universe that you really don't care about.

You belong in that 1% of players that cannot ever be satisfied because you have far more time to play than most people, you desire to min/max stats and getting the latest, best gear at the exception of evey other element of a game.

You belong in World of Warcraft... a 7 year old MMO that is all about min/maxing stats and endless raid grinding so you have mounts and gear to show off in Orgrimmar or Stormwind because by hell you've put in the time and effort to get them.

See ya later, good luck in your travels, and hope you win the roll for the next T14, T15, T16, T17 tiered armor sets.

I don't want WoW. I belong more in the DAOC camp. Though I never played DAOC becuase I was too young for MMO's when it was in its prime. Same goes for Planetside. SWG was pushing it as I was only 13 when that was released.

I guess wanting to fight in a galactic war was too much to ask for.

instead of naming other MMOs mindlessly, why not suggest things they could add?....if you cant then ****.

improve ganking and world pvp by having towns closer to eachother

raidable player towns with bosses in em that give you stuff

add spaceship to pve..raids and instances and such

def improve ilum's open world pvp zone system by making killing players part of the quest

some ideas there

Well SWG didnt have an end game at all. It was a perpetual world not grind till cap and rinse and repeat missions till you unsub.

Actually SWG had nothing BUT END GAME.

The stuff there that is only good for leveling is the first part of the game. All the stuff you can do after you are levelled is considered 'the end game'.

Bioware has stated many time that most end game content for them is rerolling alts to see the other stories. They've stated many times for players to play all the stories to get the most out of the game and put in an entire system they are going to flesh out to promote alts, The Legacy System. If you don't like Story this just isn't the game for you. The classic MMO things your looking for are going to be light in this game. This is a single player story driven RPG with some mmo qualities sprinkled lightly over the top.

Ok here is my big point ive been waiting to post. Read like 7 pages before posting.

This game might not have much endgame content. But thats because the game has literally been out to the public. (I dont care if you tested and did everything, that wasnt very many people.) For like 2 weeks. They probably didnt expect people to be "done" this early after launch. But the big thing here is that unlike WoW and other mmo's, the big thing that the story driven aspect of this game brings is the fact that there are 8 seperate classes, all with their own unique story and experience. They didnt make endgame content. because they took the time to practically put 8 games worth of story quests into their game. (not including side quests which are usually shared) if your at endgame after say a few weekds or even shorter. You could easily hold yourself over till the next content update just by playing another class.

As a bit of a side note as well, in terms of the pvp grind that some people have mentioned. You dont have to grind for pvp gear in loot bags. You choose to because you want the best stuff. I myself have played this quite along time since launch and have not felt the need to pvp whatsoever.

Bioware has stated many time that most end game content for them is rerolling alts to see the other stories. They've stated many times for players to play all the stories to get the most out of the game and put in an entire system they are going to flesh out to promote alts, The Legacy System. If you don't like Story this just isn't the game for you. The classic MMO things your looking for are going to be light in this game. This is a single player story driven RPG with some mmo qualities sprinkled lightly over the top.

It is okay, the world needs niche games too I guess...

Ok here is my big point ive been waiting to post. Read like 7 pages before posting.

This game might not have much endgame content. But thats because the game has literally been out to the public. (I dont care if you tested and did everything, that wasnt very many people.) For like 2 weeks. They probably didnt expect people to be "done" this early after launch. But the big thing here is that unlike WoW and other mmo's, the big thing that the story driven aspect of this game brings is the fact that there are 8 seperate classes, all with their own unique story and experience. They didnt make endgame content. because they took the time to practically put 8 games worth of story quests into their game. (not including side quests which are usually shared) if your at endgame after say a few weekds or even shorter. You could easily hold yourself over till the next content update just by playing another class.

As a bit of a side note as well, in terms of the pvp grind that some people have mentioned. You dont have to grind for pvp gear in loot bags. You choose to because you want the best stuff. I myself have played this quite along time since launch and have not felt the need to pvp whatsoever.

Check out a game called Fallen Earth. they tried this EXACT same thing. it is F2P now, so it won't cost anything to try and see it. :rolleyes:

so its a lvling game.. we get it...

/end subscription

...there are 8 seperate classes, all with their own unique story and experience. They didnt make endgame content. because they took the time to practically put 8 games worth of story quests into their game. (not including side quests which are usually shared) if your at endgame after say a few weekds or even shorter. You could easily hold yourself over till the next content update just by playing another class.

With all due respect, I get the feeling you haven't gotten very far into the levelling yet. Once you get past the Prologue and Chapter 1, you realise that story quests make up about 10% of the levelling experience. Hardly 8 games worth of content when you take that into account. The sidequests becoming incredibly samey and boring at around the same stage. There are only so many ways biowares writers can come up with someone asking you to kill some droids, and it really shows. I hate to shatter the illusion for you, but if you roll another character on the same faction, the majority of your levelling experience will be repetition.

Check out a game called Fallen Earth. they tried this EXACT same thing. it is F2P now, so it won't cost anything to try and see it. :rolleyes:

F2P isn't much of an insult from a business perspective, those games make money hand over fist.