Forced to change my character name?

Spankyjnco

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That may be so, but the email I got said that it was because the name WAS vulgar.

Isn't it clear? Someone took offense to your character name and /reported you. Maybe more then one did in fact. Maybe even someone you know. /shrug

You know the problem with the whole RP name limiter is? If the game does become huge, servers will run out of usable names, real fast.

Naw people will just have to make more use of the ---> - and the ---> '

Edited by lollie

I do not understand, I really don't. I have had that nickname for years, and not because of anything sexual, I just had a shirt that said that name as it was a restaurant somewhere up north. I even have custom football jerseys with the name on it, a license plate tag with it and more. Over 30+ online games w/ that name on it, and not once been told it was offensive or I couldn't use it...

This really just makes me hate CS even more.

rename it to Span'Ky

that'll take care of the RP part.

No my legacy name is Spanky lol..

Umm. Was your legacy name "Spanky" before you were forced to change your characters first name, which also was Spanky?

If yes, then I can see what the problem was.

If not, I don't really get it.

Even tho the first thing that did come to my mind, was spanking the *certain primate*, or Spank the primate NPC from certain other MMO. :D

Honestly? If I ever saw a player on the server named Spanky, I'd prolly even chuckle once.

But Spanky Spanky? I'd give an odd look at the monitor and keep minding my own business after. :D

How about trying to be creative? Spanky, really?

Towlee? lol.. yeah original.

I have had the nickname for a LONG time. Like it is my RL nickname, I have football jersey's w/ it etc... I'm in the military and people call me spanky as well. It wasn't from the movie, or some dude or anything, just a nickname I've had.

Towlee? lol.. yeah original.

I have had the nickname for a LONG time. Like it is my RL nickname, I have football jersey's w/ it etc... I'm in the military and people call me spanky as well. It wasn't from the movie, or some dude or anything, just a nickname I've had.

Yeah, there's about 50 players with variations of the name towleeee on my server:D

It is what it is. The best thing you can do is accept it and move on. I'm sure there's probably some sort of appeals process you could engage in, but I would imagine that's more trouble than it's worth.

Really? What is wrong with Spanky. You know how many Spanky, Spaanky, Spankie, Spankyy named characters there are in EVERY MMO... I have had the name spanky for over 15 years, and just recently Bioware tells me I have to change it? How dumb is this. I am already having horrible time w/ ANY type of CS I request, and now this? I received an Email stating something along the line of it being a Vulgar name... I have seen a million times worse.

Dude, the word "Shooter" shows in chat as a banned word even though many items ingame have the word "Shooter" as a dscription.

Shooter + Spanky? Is this game designed around Pre-Schoolers?

Shooters has 2 meanings, someone is shooting someone else or a particular type of liquor shot.

We have plenty of people shooting each other ingame, so that cant be bad. References to Alcahol are banned? With a Cantina on every planet? one of the most memorable scenes from the Star Wars movies occurs in a Catina?

CANTINA'S SERVE BOOZE!!

Watch the lowbie zones there'll probably be a level 5 running around with that name now that he reported you.

Honestly I don't get offended by names anymore, the only ones that bug me now are Vaader, Obi-waun, Ventriss, ect.

It's not that I'm a RPer or anything it's just when I see those names I get the feeling that the person sitting in front of that screen is wetting themselves with laughter thinking they're so clever.

I want to punch them in the kidney.

Really? What is wrong with Spanky. You know how many Spanky, Spaanky, Spankie, Spankyy named characters there are in EVERY MMO... I have had the name spanky for over 15 years, and just recently Bioware tells me I have to change it? How dumb is this. I am already having horrible time w/ ANY type of CS I request, and now this? I received an Email stating something along the line of it being a Vulgar name... I have seen a million times worse.

what is the last name on your toon? also i used the word "dummy" on a forum post and got into trouble for it. they are seriously NOT messing around in this game. the one thing I WILL say though is on the alderaan quest line they use the word cuckold if you don't know what it means google it. it shocked the heck out of me that i can't say dummy but they can say cuckold.

There may be two reasons EA would force you to make a name change

1. Somebody reported it.

2. It is the name of a character in American Culture Spanky a member of Our Gang and The Little Rascals movie shorts in the 30s and 40s

Thus, your name may have violated Rules 4 and 5 of the EA Naming Policy at the least.