Operative backstab/stun needs nerf

SlashDash

LOL PLEASE reroll scoundrel or Operative I would love to see how many quit before 40!!!! It's NOT as OP as you think.

It's crazy to me how some players have not figured it out yet. You are seeing a glimps of a lvl 50 most likely in champion / cent gear 3 or 4 shotting you. if you are not 50 yourself or at least 40+ and well geared HE SHOULD. I'm 42 at the moment in full 40 pvp gear and there are sorcs out there that fart and I die. They are 50's in full cent / champ gear.

This is actually a prett balanced game imo gj BW!!!

NOW GET US SOME DAMN SERVER FORUMS!!!!!!

Fights should last more than a fdew seconds. This was World of Roguecrafts mistake in PVP and if it happens here they will lose people from the game. People want to PLAY not have stunlock, death, res, repeat. Why are gamer designers to dumb to see this?

The operative has one Stun which is 3 or 4 Seconds. Go and try the class and you will see how you do...if you are a squishy class of course the backstab hurts or if you are lower in lvl/not geared.

Yeah Iam sure half of them quit before lvl 40 :D

Edited by BobaFurz

It doesnt matter if its just one stun or how long the cool down is. If it gives them the ability to stun someone and kill them in a few seconds then its too much. I keep saying it about PVP but people actually want to have a FIGHT, that means two peopel trading blows, not one person with an I Win button.

If they dont scale it back what will happen is they'll buff another ability in another class and then you'll have another class out of balance and then it just gets out of control.

Scale it back just a little and see what difference it makes, and keep doing that until you find a level where the ability is still powerful, but not totally devestating to an opponent at full health.

IMO, fights should take at least 15 to 20 seconds - gives people the chance to actually fight, and some well matched players could end up fighting for a good few minutes, and winning those battles is a lot more fun to win.

Edited by origional

The thing is, I haven't died in an operative backstab stun since before I got PvP gear, so out of curiosity, what level are you and what kind of gear are you in? If you're level 50 with 350+ expertise then I'll tentatively agree that it may be over the top, but anything less is a l2level and l2gear issue. Edited by Scelerant

It doesnt matter if its just one stun or how long the cool down is. If it gives them the ability to stun someone and kill them in a few seconds then its too much. I keep saying it about PVP but people actually want to have a FIGHT, that means two peopel trading blows, not one person with an I Win button.

If they dont scale it back what will happen is they'll buff another ability in another class and then you'll have another class out of balance and then it just gets out of control.

Scale it back just a little and see what difference it makes, and keep doing that until you find a level where the ability is still powerful, but not totally devestating to an opponent at full health.

IMO, fights should take at least 15 to 20 seconds - gives people the chance to actually fight, and some well matched players could end up fighting for a good few minutes, and winning those battles is a lot more fun to win.

This is what I've been trying to communicate. I don't understand why people don't see sunning as the problem.

What's up with all this "OMG NERF THE STUNS" bullcrap. We have 1, and I repeat, 1 stun which lasts for 4 seconds and has a 45 second cooldown. Apart from that, we have one skill that has to be talented to knock the enemy down (otherwise it's just damage), can only be used from stealth and instantly fills the whole resolve bar. Making any other CC impossible for the next x amount of time.

Sounds pretty OP, huh?

It's really just frustrating because even Operative players, at least the non-douchey ones, think their class is beyond overpowered right now. Like I play Mercenary, so I can't really talk about Operative damage without being a hypocrite myself, but virtually no class has any sufficient or good way of defending themselves from an Operative.

The low cooldowns on multiple stuns/snares, the ability to heal themselves on the fly and attack at ranged, restealth at will, and kill any class without fail in 3-4 gcds....is a problem.

A pure PvP spec'd Operative also, is virtually un-CCable. They are constantly resisting knockbacks, stuns, snares of any kind. And with most stealth classes, you'd expect them to be paper; but they're not. It takes me longer to kill an Operative then it does a Powertech or Juggernaut.

Nerfing them to much would destroy the class, for both PvE and PvP, but diminishing returns and some tuning of their skills is definitely needed.

LOL PLEASE reroll scoundrel or Operative I would love to see how many quit before 40!!!! It's NOT as OP as you think.

It's crazy to me how some players have not figured it out yet. You are seeing a glimps of a lvl 50 most likely in champion / cent gear 3 or 4 shotting you. if you are not 50 yourself or at least 40+ and well geared HE SHOULD. I'm 42 at the moment in full 40 pvp gear and there are sorcs out there that fart and I die. They are 50's in full cent / champ gear.

Funny...at level 24 I just went up to a guy, stunned him, got 3 crits in a row and killed him within 15 seconds. After that I just cloaked and did the same thing. Then after that a bounty hunter killed me with tracer missiles, and endless supply mind you.

Edited by MonsAlpha

I'm in full purple with like 450 expertise and die in the stun the class is broken deal with it. I have better gear than the guy too.

Edited by Keengamer

I'm in full purple with like 450 expertise and die in the stun the class is broken deal with it. I have better gear than the guy too.

People may be more inclined to agree with the balance issue if it weren't for people like this that just spew nonsensical ********.

Others have covered most of the salient points, so I'll just chime in in the hopes that a wandering dev type fellow wanders by and notices all the commotion.

I've run into two main types of Operatives in PvP: the healers, and the stunstabstabdead kind. Good healers are tough to deal with, but that can be said of any of the healing classes. I don't see anything out of whack with healing Ops, as far as I can tell they're pretty on the level with everything else.

It's the stunstabdead Operatives who are a problem. The gear/level argument is bottom-barrel garbage; most classes can jump into PvP at low level and do a considerable amount of damage and have decent survivability in most cases. Those same classes at 50, conversely, do not completely obliterate low levels to nearly the same degree that an Operative does. Ergo, one is forced to conclude that gear and level do not have nearly the impact that the Operati- I mean, certain fellow posters in this thread claim it does.

The only difference level/gear makes versus an Operative using this spec is whether it takes 2 GCDs or 4 GCDs to kill you. This is a problem.

As a further cautionary note, should BioWare be reading, that while of course careful consideration and evaluation must be put into balance changes, every day that creeps by with a problem like this going unfixed is another batch of increasingly disillusioned PvPers who just don't want to play anymore. I love this game and I love the PvP, but stundead just isn't fun and there's only so many days of not having fun until I just don't log in any more. This is not an ultimatum by any means, and should not be read as such, it's just the depressing truth of the matter.

People may be more inclined to agree with the balance issue if it weren't for people like this that just spew nonsensical ********.

What's hard to understand? The guy i'm quoting claims that operatives only do that when you have bad gear and they have good gear. I'm telling him that isn't true. Use your brain

What's hard to understand? The guy i'm quoting claims that operatives only do that when you have bad gear and they have good gear. I'm telling him that isn't true. Use your brain

You're not dying in the stun if you have 450 expertise. Stop exaggerating.

It takes me longer to kill an Operative then it does a Powertech or Juggernaut.

You see, those are classes the operatives would rather avoid. The squishy, none healer and ranged ones is their main target. Except they are low lvl of course.

Edited by BobaFurz

Honestly, Ops kill me in 4GCDs and I'm in 350 expertise. How much could 2% additional damage reduction with that 100 expertise honestly help a brother against an equally geared Op?

It just seems that stunstabdead Operatives don't really care what your expertise is at all. It just, look another guy with 15-18k health, I'm just gonna shot him now because I'm fairly certain Determination is on CD.

Stop trying to justify the class by saying we're all bad players. Yes, you CAN kill Operatives. They don't get the jump, or you outrange them you have a good chance of melting their faces. But in a lot of cases, they can simply LoS you (extremely easy in buttball), restealth, crawl their way around and find you, and then *poof* dead.

Again, I can't complain about the DAMAGE since I'm playing Merc who do just as much as an Operative in some cases if I go on a crit-spree; its really the overwhelming stuns and escape.

But whatever, not like anyone gives a **** about our opinions. Its just going to be a circle jerk of players who aren't Ops qqing, like me, and then people who play with ops or play as op calling those qqers bads. So lallalalalalala