Goodbye Mauraders

Crylor

I will be deleting my maurader. It's a tough class to play well, true. But most people know this going into one; however, if you agree with that statement then you are admitting that there is a broken situation.

Myth Maurader DPS is super burst in nature, so that's the trade off for no CCs or viable roots. Perhaps against a naked non moving target. But look at the score in the WZ and I rarely if ever see a maurader at the top of dmg. So much for "well they have burst dmg".

Myth Mauraders have leap and choke and obliterate speed, let's play this out against the typical Sith inquisitor. I can run at you while you get me to below half health with the 50% speed reduction or I can leap at you to be then stunned, whereupon I obliterate for additional speed but you just rocketed away out of my zone and stunned me. If I'm not now dead I will be from the DOT you put on me. Last chance for me to try something, force choke! Wait you just shielded and broke my one CC I had. In my death rows I try ravage whereupon you take two steps away to safety from this self rooting ability.

In a 1v1 situation, I can demolish most classes as a Jedi Sentinel.

Now, I will say that the duration of certain CC's needs to be looked at. It can be quite frustrating being stunlocked by two classes as they cap your objective. Yes, a 2v1 situation should favor the 2's. But they should have to kill me, not /laugh as I stand there with my thumb up my...

Edited by Naroga

I will be deleting my maurader. It's a tough class to play well, true. But most people know this going into one; however, if you agree with that statement then you are admitting that there is a broken situation.

Myth Maurader DPS is super burst in nature, so that's the trade off for no CCs or viable roots. Perhaps against a naked non moving target. But look at the score in the WZ and I rarely if ever see a maurader at the top of dmg. So much for "well they have burst dmg".

Myth Mauraders have leap and choke and obliterate speed, let's play this out against the typical Sith inquisitor. I can run at you while you get me to below half health with the 50% speed reduction or I can leap at you to be then stunned, whereupon I obliterate for additional speed but you just rocketed away out of my zone and stunned me. If I'm not now dead I will be from the DOT you put on me. Last chance for me to try something, force choke! Wait you just shielded and broke my one CC I had. In my death rows I try ravage whereupon you take two steps away to safety from this self rooting ability.

I totally understand where you are coming from. All of our abilities (minus the obvious AoE) require us to be facing target in melee range. The burst DPS is worthless when survivability is low outside of a 1v1. CC's definitely need to be looked at and probably halved.

I wrote a lot about this topic here, if you want to take a look.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=923907

In my death rows I try ravage whereupon you take two steps away to safety from this self rooting ability.

Now maybe it is lag or something on my part, but i find my ravage-like ability for my sent. will hit for full damage, even if the person is well out of melee range. Only time I have not hit with the final ability is when the person gets pulled/leaps away, so quite a distance.

This was all said in Beta.

Bioware can pretend that this is new information and that they are working on it, but it isn't new, they have known for ages and have put nothing in place while taking your money.

Don't hold your breath that they will put anything in place rapidly now they have your money.

I honestly don't have much issue on my marauder to be honest. I spec into rooting abilities and they really seem to help. Saber throw root is great when in huttball if im chasing down an inquisitor and I get knocked back off the platform I can saber throw to root them and then jump back up and stay on them.

The only issue I have is being able to sit on them long enough to get off a gore, massacre, shout and ravage all in one go. If I'm successful their health drops like no tomorrow, if I am not then I got issues. But that's how it should be. I shouldn't be able to lock someone down easily with no escape and take their health nearly all the way down so easily.

I just had to learn to play smart instead of bulldozing my way in to combat, forcing them to break free of a stun or snare of mine only makes it more fun when i finally do pin them and I try not to waste my leap unless I've already been knocked back, I have saber throw just in case.

And you can always spec into a Carnage/Rage hybrid if you are being knocked around too much.

And considering we have a force choke, a range snare, a gap closer, and even a combo that roots someone in place, we have a lot at our hands to keep a fight close or to stay on someone, it's just a matter of knowing when to use them. If you waste your range snare and your gap closer and then get knocked back, the problem isn't the class with why you can't close distance again.

Not to mention we have a snare remover and a trinket, if you get knocked back with a slow, force camo and get back on them since you aren't slowed anymore. It's all about what you spec into to be honest. If you are going to find yourself in situations or environments where you'll be snared and slowed half the time, spec to counter it.

I do agree that being in a cc stun forever is saddening when you are 2v1'd but those same classes are on your side too.

If you have two classes that can keep you stunned for 10 seconds so you don't achieve a goal and your team has the same pieces and doesn't use them, it isn't really the games fault as it is the players.

I find that coordination works best in pvp nowadays and that's something I like, when players set traps for others to follow them so they can distract while leaving someone else wide open. For some classes it may seem easier to pin down someone and take them out than for a marauder, however I feel, being one, that I have an extreme amount of burst in combo when I can get abilities off, and I also have nice counters to people who get distance.

I personally love my marauder, and I feel that they have a higher skillcap than some other classes and a majority of the people that complain about them are either having fps issues, or using their moves way too early and not thinking enough.

Just my two cents but I have no issue on mine and I've seen many play them well, so idk.

Edited by SithtobeJedi

Line of sight. Anyone else confused?

1v1 a Mara/Sent will destroy any casting class if they use their interrupts correctly. BH/Trooper do not want to be in a 1v1 situation with a Mara/Sent.

With the 50% snare, Force charge only being a 15sec cooldown, they can stick to BH/Troopers like glue and interrupt them to death. Very frustrating personally since im a BH.

Are you complaining because your class cant kill everything 1v1? This is the nature of balance. Certain classes SHOULD beat you everytime.

If one player plays better than another that player should win everytime. You should never win any fight while creating your character. Anything else is piss poor design.

Wow you picked the one class I can kill the easiest as your example.

I will say this, using all your skill points up one tree to go PvP is a mistake on a marauder. I have perma speed and 10% damage reduction (Predation), I have 30% AoE damage reduction and I have 2 leaps, sure one the range is pathetic but treed right has a nice side effect when used, especially if they think you wasted surge.

Jumping and immediately trying to hit them hard is a mistake, you surge, then you have your speed boost on and close distance, eat their shield with rage building attacks, then the shield drops you hammer them with the attacks you built the rage for, watch for their heal and interupt, fear them giving your interupt time to charge, now at this point they figure out your not some marauder punk and burst away from you at which point force choke is handy to pause them, followed up by Vicious throw if you got them under 20% health, using force surge would be a mistake, close distance again with your perma speed boost let them knock you back and then force surge on them, perpare for their heal and interupt it.

I havent lost a 1v1 to very many sorcs and the ones I have are madness specced because they hurt too much and the healer specs are my saber fodder. This is with me wearing orange modded gear, granted with most purple mods in them for DPS and a secret ingredient stats that makes marauder a beast in PvP.

How will I fair when I get true PvP gear, we shall see. Watch out then Madness sorcs because revenge is a dish best served all day long.

Edited by Planar