Level 50 in less than 2 weeks?

anwar

The key for a lot of gamers in this group is to level to cap and experience endgame content in some detail before the free month expires so that they can decide whether to sub or not based on the endgame content. It requries a time dedication (which this group has), but isn't irrational from the consumer point of view.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm level 41, with a level 17 alt. I've been enjoying myself so far.

However, the growing concern that I have is the ease to get "epic" gear at 50. One guyin our guild got 3 pieces of epic gear out of bags by day 2 of being level 50. My BF is 50, and completed epic'd out in HM & pvp gear. Now he's not a casual gamer, but he was able to do all of that in days.

He got to the point of saying, Ok i'm done with Synthweave since it's no longer of any use for me, I'll redo another crafting for "end game".

PvP is starting to get harder in the WFs for people leveling because you have the epic 50s coming in and creaming people. While it's fun for a bit to just watch, it's a little frustrating.

So - is it really that easy to get max gear? Will the end game be achievable in such a short amount of time? What next then? I'm not so worried about, I'm concerned about the health of the game overall. It needs to grow, and it will only grow if people have things to work towards - at end game.

Edited by Kiry

Using up 5 years of work in 2 weeks.

Someday MMOs just plain have to figure a way to drastically slow down the extreme hardcore while not adding grind to normal players...such as far more to level and a real rested system that covers all experience and maybe even adds a "tired" system for greatly reduced experience if playing the same char for an outlandish amount of experience in a real time time frame.

There should be no way folks get to top level in 2 weeks, now we have to hear from them about how there is no end-game, now Bioware will be like every other game and will put out repetitious junk (grind) to keep the hardcore busy.....and the normal players will be faced with a mountain of grind to get anything or everything good will be offered in instances that only hardcore raiding guilds that have time to practice over and over will ever beat.

They never learn.

Why do you care about how other people choose to play the game? I didn't care that there were people to 50 a few days after early access, it doesn't effect me or the way I play the game. I'm sorry that the way other people choose to spend their time in the game effects you so much. You can only control yourself. I don;t want to say what other people do about how it's their time their money, because it's the truth.

People who are 50 right now either are.

A.) Space bar commanders

B.) Have to much free time

The majority of players are just entering their 30s according to Bioware.

The leveling speed is fine.

i work everyday and reached 50 in only 3 days play time, about a week maybe. the lvling is a joke, and i can gain a lvl 40-50 in only a hour and 20 min

also, keep in mind that this is an extremely new game. i really believe that it'll develop rather well over the course of this year, and potentially years to come. i've really enjoyed the storylines and the lore involved with the game, but i think that more comes from really enjoying the star wars universe. i do understand that there are people who play these games just to get to the end to raid/pvp/etc. i'm excited to see future expansions, and they offer everyone as a whole.

I am semi casual gamer. I have been level 50 for 10 days now; cleared 5/5 EV, 1/1 KP in normal (we decided not to do hardmodes because of the bug which locks you out of normal). I am also valor level 32 in PvP with 3 pc PvP gear, 2 pc Tionese, 2 pc Rakata and 1 pc Columi.

There are people I know who are level 60 valor already.

I have a level 25 alt who is level 11 valor already with level 20 PvP sets for both himself and companion.

You are NOT semi-casual. I have 5 days /played and I'm only level 48. I have been playing almost non-stop when I'm not at work / doing holiday activities such as Christmas. In order to have been 50 for 10 days, you would have had to have spacebarred every single quest and zoomed to max level.

To have cleared EV with your guild suggests you are in a HARDCORE guild. You are not casual. You do not represent the playerbase.

If people are complaining about getting level 50 in less than 2 weeks, it's their own fault. This isn't a lack of content, it's simply skipping the best part of the game ... the story. If the game did cater to the kinds of people that do have the time to get level 50 in two weeks, it wouldn't exist because there is no business case for making a game of this size for an amount of subs that couldn't sustain it's development.

In otherwords, the level 50 in two weeks guys do not represent the majority of the players in this game, nor the kind of player it seems to be made for.

Edited by Obtena

You are NOT semi-casual. I have 5 days /played and I'm only level 48. I have been playing almost non-stop when I'm not at work / doing holiday activities such as Christmas. In order to have been 50 for 10 days, you would have had to have spacebarred every single quest and zoomed to max level.

To have cleared EV with your guild suggests you are in a HARDCORE guild. You are not casual. You do not represent the playerbase.

While it does sound like he's hardcore, it doesn't change the fact that many of us will be 50 soon and we should encourage BW to invest time in group related activities to create the community. I could be wrong, but I doubt they'll watch the level 50s walk off the cliff of 'unsubscribe' like Rift was, due to content. I hope =/

You would think longevity is the main stable of an MMO. Gaining the max level and getting fully decked out in the best gear within weeks of a release kind of gives an indication of how long the game will last.

I'm pretty disappointed in how quick it is to obtain what I want in this game.

If they would design a system of guild combat or city sieging, then end game content for PvP would be great. It would be a lot easier to design a system that allows guilds to build mini cities on planets and then have those same guilds fight other guilds over resources. This type of asset destruction conflict can keep a game alive for a lot longer than a single PvE raid. Besides as I stated it would be easier to code for a 1 time thought out system of asset destruction than it would to keep coming up with more and more raid content.

BioWare has captured the story telling crowd and the PvE crowd, now they need to keep the game alive by giving the PvP crowd their guild cities to fight over.

A.) Space bar commanders

I'm unemloyed but I still haven't been playing every single moment since I duo levelled with a friend and we both had engagements during the holidays.

We didn't skip anything and often redid conversations to get maximum points.

So erm your reasons are faulty. But otherwise I agree that the speed is fine.

Edited by bluumberry

I'd probably be in my high 30's right now. I started on the 13th. Unfortunately my Girlfriend watched me play on Christmas Eve and wanted to try the game out. So she made a character and decided to keep my old account.

So I rerolled on this new account to level with her. Level 21 and a level 10 since last Friday. *sigh*

...women.

Edited by zerosaint

I am semi casual gamer. I have been level 50 for 10 days now; cleared 5/5 EV, 1/1 KP in normal (we decided not to do hardmodes because of the bug which locks you out of normal). I am also valor level 32 in PvP with 3 pc PvP gear, 2 pc Tionese, 2 pc Rakata and 1 pc Columi.

I have a level 25 alt who is level 11 valor already with level 20 PvP sets for both himself and companion.

theres no way this guy is a semi casual gamer and level 50 already .. Im a casual gamer and am level 25.

i work everyday and reached 50 in only 3 days play time, about a week maybe. the lvling is a joke, and i can gain a lvl 40-50 in only a hour and 20 min

Id sure like to know HOW..

I play at least 8 hours a day.. a level in the upper 30s to 40s is taking me hours to get through.

yesterday we played for over 12 hours and went from 40-42 in that time.. and that was busting butt constantly.

i've been playing since the 16th of december, my max level character is 21 lol. funny thing is I consider myself playing a lot, but I take the time to really engage myself in the story, holocrons, crew skills, and pvp. the people who got themselves to 50 right away must be crazy, but hey, it says they enjoyed the game to keep playing to 50 at least...? i think? if you can enjoy a game based around story by skipping the story...?

I thought that bum-rushing the game's content was supposed to be its own reward.

If not, I recommend that folks take it slower, roll more alts, and not to play for 5+ hours at a time.

Small bites, small bites.

yeah bum-rushing the content is not what people like the op and myself and almost everyone else in the game is doing.

im a level away from 50 and ive been taking my sweet *** time doing quests but it doesnt stop the content of the game going as fast as every other mmo on the market these days.

same thing happened in rift the only difference was no movie modes.

we arent rushing!!! the content of the game is just really small!

it just shows the lack of content in this game if anyone gets through it that quickly, its not a long game it just cost a crap ton to have needless cut scenes and voice over work that gets skipped over by the endgame seekers.

the endgame is what bioware needs to make money the story will only last so long until it loses its flare(it already has for some) and the lack of endgame content will just hurt Biowares profits in the end

This is such a load of crap... WoW has 85 levels and you need millions of XP to go from 83-85, anyone can level a toon from 1 - 85 in WoW in LESS than 2 weeks. The leveling is just fine the way it is and how people wish to play their game is their business.

Id sure like to know HOW..

I play at least 8 hours a day.. a level in the upper 30s to 40s is taking me hours to get through.

yesterday we played for over 12 hours and went from 40-42 in that time.. and that was busting butt constantly.

I'd like to know that as well.

40-50 in 1H20. Provide proofs or I call BS.

Your perception of what a semicasual player is seems a bit out of touch with reality to me. To have achieved what you claim to have done in the time you have had is a clear case of OCD. I dont say this to be rude or insulting, just stating my observation.

A.) Space bar commanders

its called having over a week of vacation taken during release. why is the concept of earning vacation time from your job such a difficult concept for people to grasp? really.

A.) Space bar commanders - Because apart from class missions a lot of the random mission cutscenes are boring

B.) Have to much free time - or are just good players, even my friend who is casual as all hell is level 50

The majority of players are just entering their 30s according to Bioware. - may be true, doesn't justify them from not having andy end game or disregarding the level 50's who are there now

The leveling speed is fine. - It's fast as hell

Answered.

I feel a bit sorry for the folks that have hit 50 in SWTOR and now feel the boredom set in.

i do too, and i have had a 50 for almost a week now. FAR from bored, i am LOVING going through the other stories! for the record i dont space bar either, so people who want to generalize, while free to do so, fail to understand that it is possible to get to 50 and not skip the actual content. I am one of those people who had time off for the holidays and like a good book just kept wanting to turn the page and see what happens next, and yes i freely admit i was so engrossed in the story that a couple of hours easily turned into 18 hour sessions, not because i necessarily wanted to rush through the content (i actually didnt), but because i was having so darn much fun.