Nasty little surpise for when you reach rank 51 valor

SinisterWarlock

Normally the amount of valor needed for the next level goes up by 100 per level, i thought this was pretty cool.

Then i hit rank 51 valor, and suddenly each level from this point on requires close to 4k more valor than the previous level.

What this means is you need 10k valor to reach valor rank 51 from 50, but you'll need close to 40k valor to reach valor rank 60 from 59.

You need valor rank 60 before you can start acquiring battlemaster gear.

This just turned into a korean grindfest.

Edited by SinisterWarlock

And when you reach level 50 you will be facing other 50s that have already done the grind while ganking lowbies in WZs without expertise and will have full sets of Champ gear, further unbalancing the "new" level 50 bracket.

Remove Expertise from the game!

And when you reach level 50 you will be facing other 50s that have already done the grind while ganking lowbies in WZs without expertise and will have full sets of Champ gear, further unbalancing the "new" level 50 bracket.

/sign

Or just make 50's only face 50's?

I wonder which one is easier to do....

This grind would be easier and more rewarding if the game actually gave an incentive to do PVP outside of scenarios.

Since for killing ppl in oPVP all one gets is satisfaction... MEH.

If I wanted fluffy PVE I'd play WOW. I came to SWTOR to pvp and am quite disappointed

its an exponential curve ... welcome to mmo's.

For it to be exponential they'd have to multiply each time. It's linear.

valorpoints(rank) = lv50_valorpoints + 4k * (rank - 50)

</nerd>

Edited by Lywald

This grind would be easier and more rewarding if the game actually gave an incentive to do PVP outside of scenarios.

If I wanted fluffy PVE I'd play WOW. I came to SWTOR to pvp and am quite disappointed

You came to SW:TOR for PvP? Did you seriously think that was something they would focus on at release. They have made it quite clear why you should play this game. It has and always will be storyline based.

I quite enjoy the PVP and think it has great potential if they fix a few issues and add some kind of rated system later down the line. However its quite clearly a PvE driven game for people who wanted a little more immersion from their MMO's.

well considering you had first lv 50 in 2-3 days ? normal ppl take 2-3 weeks (While we had xmas ! so more time to play for most)

so what took hardcore 2-3 weeks to get valor 60 will take 2-3 months for the rest... yey for 2-3 months getting *** pwned by full BM geared ppl.

incertain other games you have "endgame pvp " locked out for first month to let everyone hit level cap. And then you have max per week gain ...

Edited by Crawler

I am level 40 and ive been doing WF's while levelling up im rank 35 so ppl who are serious about pvp wont face this problem.

Im rank 54 its like 22k.

Im done with it im on the last 100 pts then Rank 55

@the whiners who arent level 50 and are pvping..

Don't discredit other's acheivements because your slower... Its not our fault you couldnt achieve 50 in the amount of time we did. If you come in without being 50 it should be EXPECTED that you will face some geared 50's.

Normally the amount of valor needed for the next level goes up by 100 per level, i thought this was pretty cool.

Then i hit rank 51 valor, and suddenly each level from this point on requires close to 4k more valor than the previous level.

What this means is you need 10k valor to reach valor rank 51 from 50, but you'll need close to 40k valor to reach valor rank 60 from 59.

Im already battlemaster :) been playing since the 15th. I played rift and that grind (swtor) was nothing compared to rifts. Just ignore the grind and make it fun, youll get it.

Edited by trajic

/samethoughts

You came to SW:TOR for PvP? Did you seriously think that was something they would focus on at release. They have made it quite clear why you should play this game. It has and always will be storyline based.

I quite enjoy the PVP and think it has great potential if they fix a few issues and add some kind of rated system later down the line. However its quite clearly a PvE driven game for people who wanted a little more immersion from their MMO's.

They've had multiple articles about pvp philosophy and have had numerous interviews about it, created the bolster system to try to ensure that pvp will be a central part of the game at all levels, and claim to have an entire team dedicated soley to pvp. I'd say they care something about pvp.

For an MMO to...well...work, you have to have something that will make players stick around. Storylines that you can clear in a casual week of play aren't going to cut it.

Edited by Vgbeee

Oh yes. let me do the math. I pvp on Ilum get a buff that gives me an extra 200 valor a match, and... oh wait I gain a valor level a day without even trying.

:eek: