Guess the Feedback from this High Level!

Naroga

Just look at newspapers and magazines, the only thing that sells is destruction, death and violence.. Put something positive on the frontpage, and you won't have any sales :)

Like you, I'm really enjoying the game. For the first time since DAoC I'm enjoying enjoying leveling. Also for the first time since DAoC, I'm sticking to my main rather than start a bazillion alts. I'm playing a Jedi Sage (full healing) and the story just keeps getting more and more interesting. Yesterday I finished most of Balmorra, and really loved the design of the planet and the general atmosphere.

There are bugs of course (companions having certain skills re-activated every time they zone or are re-summoned, my social gear's stats not counting whenever I zone (fixed by re-equipping), companions and elevators not going well together :)), but so far they're all minor annoyances.

Oh, I agree that there are annoying bugs. My UI freezing up and becoming un-clickable (which is fixed with a Ctrl + U). The fact I can't do a /who of anybody. Guild list not showing everybody online, etc. etc.

But, I know these things will be fixed. The stuff that really matters, the leveling content and gameplay, are what matter at the moment. Fortunately, Bioware did an excellent job on making the meat and potatoes of the game a lot of fun.

I agree with most of what you say, but I don't see how you can gloss over the significance of out-leveling content by simply doing all your quests.

I agree that this is somewhat of a problem. It might be better to have a way to complete all quests while leveling at a steady pace. Some have suggested an XP hold for folks that want to use it. HOWEVER, how would an XP hold factor into PVP brackets of 10-49 and 50? There would be many, many players who XP hold at level 49... you could disable the XP hold at a certain level, but even at 47, 45 etc... folks would just hold before the level. Maybe an option to half your XP would be a better implementation (one that I would personally never use, seems silly, but thinking of everyone here)

As far as an immediate solution goes, what I did was skip a planet or two. Having PVPed and Flashpoints, Space Combat etc, I was a bit ahead of the power curve when I got to Tatooine/Alderaan in my story line. I simply skipped Tatooine and enjoyed the Alderaan storyline and side quests, which were level appropriate. Then I flew to Tatooine and just rushed through the main story quests without doing any side quests or mob farming. Maybe not the perfect solution, but I'll explore Tatooine more in depth on another character and it put me on a good pace for the following planets.

Certainly teamwork is key, and I have won matches with lower levels on my team. However, you must admit that a well played level 50 will smash a well played level 10-15. In an equal skill matchup, the number of class abilities is the deciding factor.

A sentinel without force camouflage, call on the force, awe, that 90% aim/hit reduction skill I forgot the name of, etc is worse off than a level 10-15 without them.

Sure they are, but seeing as the warzones are team based, who cares? I still have fun stabbing things with my 22 operative despite being up against level 50's. If I get caught out in the open by myself by a level 50, obviously I'm going to get crushed. That doesn't mean I'm not still having a blast though, it just means I need to be better at sticking around my other team mates.

You can do that in any game. The difference here, of course, is that there is only one zone per levels. In, say, WoW, you have two-three zones per level bracket. If you were to do all of the quests in all of them, you'd outlevel the next bracket by the time you were done. In TOR, we have only one zone per level bracket, and like WoW, if you do all of the quests in that bracket, you will outlevel the next one.

If you were to forego the daily warzone quest, would you still out-level the content? I make a point to do multiple warzones a day. Each win nets me roughly 14-19k experience (depending on my level at the time), plus the daily turn in is another 20k experience. That is a HUGE chunk of XP, and alone helped outlevel me.

Sure they are, but seeing as the warzones are team based, who cares? I still have fun stabbing things with my 22 operative despite being up against level 50's. If I get caught out in the open by myself by a level 50, obviously I'm going to get crushed. That doesn't mean I'm not still having a blast though, it just means I need to be better at sticking around my other team mates.

What may be fun for the lower level is very frustrating for the higher levels on the team. When the objective is to win, low levels hurt your odds significantly. Having multiple high levels working together is more effective than a bunch of low levels working together.

Now, this isn't a game breaking issue while people are leveling up, but when more people are 50 and are working towards their PvP gear, it'll be very very annoying.

That would be a valid point if doing the green quests slowed down my leveling. However, I have been doing green quests since level 15, and I've been leveling at the same pace as my guildmates doing their respective yellow quests.

The whole problem is that leveling is too quick in relation to the content. It would NOT be a valid point if green quests slowed down your leveling, because then there would be no problem.

You can do that in any game. The difference here, of course, is that there is only one zone per levels. In, say, WoW, you have two-three zones per level bracket. If you were to do all of the quests in all of them, you'd outlevel the next bracket by the time you were done. In TOR, we have only one zone per level bracket, and like WoW, if you do all of the quests in that bracket, you will outlevel the next one.

The real difference here is that Warcraft didn't have a story. At least, not one worth reading.

This is ridiculous. A complaint thread with one line of "This game is boring, waah waah waah" (summarizing) can have 10,000 views, but a positive thread has 5 views?

I understand the notion of "If it bleeds, it leads" but come on folks. Let's make the community a bit more positive.

Well this: fantastic story line, quests just as the OP said. Except he neglected to mention the the linearised quests, the single player maps, this is a very expensive single player game. Everyone who says how great the story line is, have they played Fallout3 or other immersive single player games?

This is ridiculous. A complaint thread with one line of "This game is boring, waah waah waah" (summarizing) can have 10,000 views, but a positive thread has 5 views?

I understand the notion of "If it bleeds, it leads" but come on folks. Let's make the community a bit more positive.

Give it fourteen more days... I have a feeling the forums will be much more pleasant around that time frame. ;)

This. :)

Well this: fantastic story line, quests just as the OP said. Except he neglected to mention the the linearised quests, the single player maps, this is a very expensive single player game. Everyone who says how great the story line is, have they played Fallout3 or other immersive single player games?

He pointed out that it stops being linear after the 20s.

One question, regarding PvP, from a non-PvPer:

Why do they not have brackets for ever level cluster, to keep things relatively balanced, fair and fun? Say, lvl 10-15 bracket, or 20-30, etc.

It doesn't seem very fun or challenging to throw everyone from 1-49 into the same warzone.

Just curious, I guess.

because they didn't make cross server warzones, they should have but they didnt.

I'll admit it, I read the doom and gloom threads--although I am still thoroughly enjoining the game and have no plans to quit. I think it's because I like to see the other side of things--and since I already know I like the game, I don't "need" to read the more positive threads.

I know, it's twisted thinking.

I read this thread because I wanted to get an idea of end game--since both my characters are just level 20 and 22.

Edited by Jilla

Nice you are having fun, thanks for the post. I am too having fun with the game, so does my brother, my wife and my other 7 friends I dragged from WoW.

All I see here are nonsensical complains, mostly on the line of " buuh, this is not WoW, me no like".

Levelling = boring, even more so when you roll an alt to find its the same quests on the same planets with the same story and the same dialogue.

Gotta disagree there, friend. My guardian, a paragon of virtue, had a very different experience with dialogue and story than my scoundrel (a greedy, grey-hearted bastard by all accounts). I'm guessing that my corrupt and murderous trooper will see things rather differently, too. There's a LOT of story to accommodate different attitudes.

I guess if you spacebar through all the dialogue it would probably be about the same...?