Too many Elite mobs ingame..

Kunra

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it does get a little annoying especially towards the end where it's 1 elite with 2 regulars almost always and sometimes even more than that. As an Infiltration shadow, I was gearing my tank (Lt Iresso) when soloing so I don't run with a healer and have to tank therefore losing all my backstab dps. Thus my healer wasn't geared and when I had these hard to kill mobs, I couldn't do it by myself.

I actually find it refreshing that when I screw a pull up I die. Not that huge an inconvenience in this game and it's generally lesson learned. I have not met a single challenge so far (44 on Voss ATM) that I have not been able to overcome, though some require more than one attempt. (29 at end of Act I as heal spec sage was _fun_, resisted my stun? Crap. *die*)

Typical groupings I find:

3-4 standard

2-3 standard + strong

2 standard + strong (common)

2 strong (somewhat common)

1 elite + 1/2 standard

It always always seems that strong is never alone, unless it is a patrolling mob. They are typically grouped with 1-2, maybe 3 standard.

Also seemed that after Chapter 1, the difficulty was ramped up on these groups to be more hostile and on top of their abilities. Could just be me, I dunno.

Only thing I can say is always rush thet adds ... I seem to drop with the quickness when rushing the strong one first. Killing his buddies and then rushing him results it many more victories!

The biggest hurdles I encountered were barrage droids and force users. Most of the time, depending on the level variance and overall situation, I would die at least once against them (more so on force users).

Edited by SodaOfYoda

Only thing I can say is always rush thet adds ... I seem to drop with the quickness when rushing the strong one first. Killing his buddies and then rushing him results it many more victories!

I just CC the strongest target, pick off the weak ones, and then solo the strong one. *shrug*

I just CC the strongest target, pick off the weak ones, and then solo the strong one. *shrug*

Same. I love my force lift, although sometimes i just kill the weak adds, get killed, then rez and finish off the strong / elite one. Leveling as a healer can be kinda tough when Qyzen gets smooshed to pices and i cant just only heal him.

I was trying to go get a datacron on my Smuggler, the datacron had a gold elite with 2 smalls next to it and a mob in front of that, I downed the mob in front it then got the 2 smalls was fighting the gold and the mob spawned behind me and killed me..........yeah that was so fun I gave up on the datacron.

Same. I love my force lift, although sometimes i just kill the weak adds, get killed, then rez and finish off the strong / elite one. Leveling as a healer can be kinda tough when Qyzen gets smooshed to pices and i cant just only heal him.

I stopped using Qyzen honestly...Theran in healing stance was non stop party time, with holiday giving an extra stun/interrupt as well.

Some difficulty is good.

Keeping your gear up-to-date helps.

My Kinetic Shadow has made a career out of soloing quests that he's not supposed to for an added challenge. Unfortunately, he's so far over-level now as compared to his questing zone (probably from, you know, soloing quests that he's not supposed to) that even the Heroic-4's can be soloed with only a modicum of difficulty.

Difficulty is good though. It forced you to either group with people or get better at the game.

I actually like hunting down the elites. Although I think they should at least drop something that makes it worth the effort to take them down.

Most of the elites I kill drop junk loot, and very rarely a green/blue/purple item.

I have more of an issue of the "Here fight a boss and multiple adds right after leaving a voice-over" with zero time to prep. This of course is only really an issue on my inq, as she is squishy.

I have more of an issue of the "Here fight a boss and multiple adds right after leaving a voice-over" with zero time to prep. This of course is only really an issue on my inq, as she is squishy.

Yeah but those are so telegraphed. Any time you walk into a room, and see the quest target is someone you hunted and has 2 friends flanking him, be ready to drop CC on the elite before engaging in conversation. Actually kinda sad that's the only single player boss mechanic I've seen so far. (Hi I have two friends!) I think it's called Force Storm on your end? (Force Lift for Jedi Sage) Hell any time I see someone to talk to in a room with 2 people standing right behind him I'm ready to fight...because frankly that's just how it is in this game.

I don't mind that there are many strong mobs, but I think the amount of elites (which one have to kill for many solo quests) makes them lose their awe pretty fast, would have preferred if BioWare would had designed them only for group content and used them just there.

basic mmo strategies are all that is required to faceroll.

kill low hp enemies first, cc on big pulls, watch for pats, take advantage of other players...

also the easiest way to win is tank+healer, if you can't heal you are the tank and grab a healer companion.

I've never been a fan of massively overpowered foes. Sure, in some cases it makes sense (from a setting standpoint), but in many, I find it breaks my ability to be immersed.

The first example of what I mean is at L10, on the Black Talon. You fight through, and finally face a "Padawan" who is as tough as four apprentices. She uses powers no padawan I've ever made has, and has so much strength, there's no way she could possibly be just a padawan. Sure, she's "champion" level, but that's a game mechanic explaining... what?

NPCs are basically the same people we are. If I made a Twi'lek consular, she should be the same as that NPC one, because we're essentially the same character. If the NPC is going to be stronger, there needs to be an explanation (NOT a rationalization - there's a difference) that makes sense within the framework of the setting.

Further, just making foes into big piles of points is, to me, lazy and boring. How much more interesting would it be to fight a group of four elite padawans (since PCs are roughly on par with elites), rather than one champion? It would make a whole different kind of dynamic battle.

Anyway, I'd rather see more of that kind of thing than just big inexplicable piles of points.

Yeah but those are so telegraphed. Any time you walk into a room, and see the quest target is someone you hunted and has 2 friends flanking him, be ready to drop CC on the elite before engaging in conversation. Actually kinda sad that's the only single player boss mechanic I've seen so far. (Hi I have two friends!) I think it's called Force Storm on your end? (Force Lift for Jedi Sage) Hell any time I see someone to talk to in a room with 2 people standing right behind him I'm ready to fight...because frankly that's just how it is in this game.

You could also keep someone out of the conversation and have THEM prep for battle...

You could also keep someone out of the conversation and have THEM prep for battle...

Meh questing is a solo thing for me. It just feels like that's how the game was designed for the questing experience. I know people playing duo/grouped but that's just not my style for things that aren't flashpoints/operations. (It also helps that while I don't play as much as I'd like I do get to get massive play sessions in and every time someone tries to level with me they fall behind :/)