Eternity Vault - Ancient Pylons Consoles Bug (Hard)

Had the same bug happening to us today.

We have tried all of the solutions that ppl have posted being their "succes" and nothing is working.

We know the fastest way to click so we arent runing out of time, the problem is that: Panels becomes unclickable after 2:nd wheel is done on both sides.

Tried: noth, south south north. : south north south north etc, and every single time, the panels become unclickable after the 2nd wheel is advanced, now, dont forget, we know how to solve it so we are able to do it fast, but not being able to click the panel at all is just rediculus.

used exit area-reset operation about 12 times, tried wiping the group inside about 3 times and still the same :)

I am 100% convinced that this is a bug.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol you guys are kinde nice. The best one here is the guy that claims, that you can actually solve this thing with 8 turns or less. How is that even possible when the symbols on each row are 3 turns away. Last week we had 3332 turns to do it and it always bugged...we tried 15 times evry possible way. We tried SSSS NSSN SSSN and anything else. only time we managed to get our 4th row to work. North didnt turn we only got the debuff.

agreed,

we did hard mode pylons almost 2 weeks ago fine (doing everything perfectly to avoid preexisting bugs) then attempted it sunday night at least 20 times and the thing would bug exactly where you describe, between the 2nd and 3rd. (iirc)

we thought we could try to work around it but even when we killed the 3-5 extra elites that come when you fail (but we did it right), the PANELS STILL DESPAWNED!!!

It was during the third and final puzzle it bugged the most. And we would have to reset the zone, reclear trash.. over and over.

Im fed up with this game.

I've been raiding weekly and I've missed out on countless pieces of loot (Rakata/Columi gear) due to chest bugs/ Soa bugs. as well as pvp credit. seriously, ***?

Im fed up.

Could you imagine if Major Domo's chest bugged in Vanilla Wow?

or you couldnt clear content due to bugs.. over and over and over?

or your alterac valleys mysteriously didnt count towards rep on your grind to Lobo?

WoW would have died.

RIP SWTOR

Edited by Eclipsith

What is still unconfirmed as a bug or not is why we get 2 elites and as the first one is being downed, 3/4 more spawn on top of us post 1.1 patch.

I noticed that too. There is absolutely no way its working as intended.

Prior to Patch 1.1 Pylons were not quite as buggy to complete on hard mode.

We did it twice before 1.1 and both times we had no problems solving the puzzle. It was more difficult than Normal due to adds hitting harder and the clicky debuff.

After 1.1 on Hard mode, it was completely bugged.

3 elite Acklay spawn right on top of the other 2 elite Acklay, and then the pylons would bug.

In Full Rakata popping cd's, its no easy feat burning them but we did it anyway to have it bug.

We encountered this bug last night. Halfway through the encounter the consoles became unclickable on both sides. Another time, we couldn't even start the encounter because the consoles couldn't be clicked.

The only solution was to reset the instance and re-clear the trash each time. On the fourth attempt it finally worked and we easily cleared the encounter.

There are basically two bugs.

One is, that you can't click it anymore, that only happens for us, if the northern pylon is finished with a step, before the southern pylon is. The other bug is, that you can click the southern pylon, but it won't turn anymore. I don't know what triggers this last bug.

There is no bug, you are doing it wrong. Simple as that.

You are 110% incorrect. Simple as that.

How is being unable to click the consoles TO START THE ENCOUNTER doing it wrong? How is being unable to click the consoles after BOTH sides are locked in mid-way through the encounter doing it wrong?

This is not some magical puzzle that only you have managed to solve. It's a bug. When on the fourth try we do it the exact same way on the first try and it FINALLY works, it's a bug.

You are 110% incorrect. Simple as that.

How is being unable to click the consoles TO START THE ENCOUNTER doing it wrong? How is being unable to click the consoles after BOTH sides are locked in mid-way through the encounter doing it wrong?

This is not some magical puzzle that only you have managed to solve. It's a bug. When on the fourth try we do it the exact same way on the first try and it FINALLY works, it's a bug.

It is a puzzle, if you do it wrong it gets locked. We do it right and it doesn't get locked. Think about it.

It is a puzzle, if you do it wrong it gets locked. We do it right and it doesn't get locked. Think about it.

There are 3 main problems that are different:

1) The consoles are no longer clickable, they don't highlight anymore (and become "locked")

2) A bunch of the Elite mobs show up in multiple waves and wipes the group

3) The consoles are clickable but the wheel ends up not spinning

My opinion:

1) This is the "puzzle" part of it that you have to solve it in the minimum # of clicks

2) This is the enrage timer to do it as quickly as possible

3) This is a bug... a bug that people are running into. It seems people are doing all sorts of different things and either getting success or bugged failures.

So maybe you should open your eyes a bit and read what people are talking about.

Maybe you should think about it...

Our guild has a totally different issue -

The pylons WONT RESET

yes, if they get locked, they just wont reset now matter how hard you try to reset. So pretty much we cant even try the boss again.

Also anyone who is saying it is a Puzzle is 100% wrong. There is no specific mechanics to it. If you will read the comments you will learn that people have success with all kinds of mechanics and failures with the same mechanics. Just because you got lucky doesnt mean you "Solved the puzzle"

On Sunday this is what happened -

We planned the shortest/fastest pattern with south first (that many claim is right way to go)

we finished south first, and when north clicked their last button to finish the puzzle, the pylon didnt turn. Yes the button was clickable and pylons wont turn at all. By this time we were over run by the bugs.

AFter that we tried so many times to reset the puzzle but sadly no luck. We were able to see North clickable but south still locked.

Do you still think there is no bug?

P.S. - Our guild has already cleared the Hardmode and we were trying to do it on NMM just to let you know that we knew what we were doing.

Edited by Yummymango

Could you imagine if Major Domo's chest bugged in Vanilla Wow?

Did happen to us a few times after they added the epic class quests.

How about the dozens of times Shaman (horde only at that time) gear dropped in MC for alliance or paladin gear dropped for Horde?

or you couldnt clear content due to bugs.. over and over and over?

The original Blackwing Lair and AQ40 say hello to you .

Yeah this fight is a nightmare because of the bugs (technical, not the green things). The first time we did it it took us 2 hours because the consoles would stop responding. What eventually worked for us was allowing the south obelisk to solve each layer of the puzzle first. So we looked at the order the symbols were in on the rings, looked at the starting color and the needed color and figured out how many turns each layer would take on both sides. Then we used this information to make sure we never solved a layer before the south obelisk team. We solved it so fast we didn't even get a double acklay spawn.

I can't imagine the consoles just straight up becoming unresponsive is intended but yeah, letting south solve every layer first appears to be a viable workaround.

What ISN'T a bug is you getting a ton of the large green bugs spawned on you. It means you took too long and it acts as an enrage. We actually were handling them alright (they eventually stop spawning) but the actual puzzle completely reset. You are not supposed to be able to continue at this point. You are supposed to die.

Also, yeah, every time we wiped we had to reset the phase and clear trash again or invariably one or both of the consoles would not be clickable.

And no the puzzle is not static. Between resets we got different starting positions. And it differs between north and south. If I recall, at north we were 3 2R 3 2L and south was 3 3 2R 2R. Saying you can always solve it in 8 turns or less is bogus, You can sometimes get a starting position that allows that, sure, but it isn't always the same.

Edited by AsinineTangent

My guild ran in to all the "bugs" you guys are talking about. We figured out the mechanic and now we never hit these "bugs" either.

The only real bug is the failure to reset on a wipe.

The inability to click on a console is part of the mechanic. The endless waves of mobs that wipe the group is the enrage timer. Simple as that.

If you really need it spelled out for you... click in both north and south at the exact same time at the top and you will always win.

Also it would be a very good idea to determine exactly the most efficient order and no left left left left usually isn't it.

Also don't go locking in one side significantly sooner than the other on any of the levels. You get one too far ahead and consoles lock.

That's the thing though. You're wrong. You certainly don't need to click them near the same time. And getting ahead appears to make no difference. Before we just plotted out the exact puzzle solution we just let the south obelisk solve each layer completely before even touching the north console and the consoles never locked.

We did hit the enrage on the fourth layer though. But if you were correct, the consoles should have became unclickable because the south side was 3 or more turns ahead of us. It's simply a bug where the current workaround if you encounter it is to allow the south side to complete each of their puzzles first. And this is easily accomplished by plotting out the full solution.

Not to mention clicking at the same time doesn't take into account that the puzzle doesn't necessarily even have the same solution between both locations.

Edited by AsinineTangent

there is a mechanic. if you don't want to figure it out then don't do it. don't come here saying it's bugged when it's most likely working as intended because

1. it's easily doable

2. it doesn't take long to figure out

3. sorry you got beat by an elementary school puzzle

I hate the ego of some people who don't experience the bug and think everyone else is doing this wrong. My guild has HM on farm (besides the last boss) and this puzzle is , for sure, bugged.

I guess I just find it funny that despite all the other bugs present in endgame content right now, people refuse to consider that this may be yet another one. Requiring the South to finish first is completely arbitrary with nothing in game to support that is an intentional part of the fight.

I believe my guild found a way to complete this tonight...we have done this the last several weeks and had "bugs" every week. This week I believe we found a solution. We kept getting 6 mobs spawning on each side towards the 4th wheel...so we said "#@# it" and we clicked as fast as we could and just had the tank on each side tank the mobs while clicking and DPS standing up top and healing/DPSing and we completed it REALLY quick...so just click the pylons as quick as possible and enjoy the loot. Edited by Underskilled

Stupid encounter, doesnt make sense, its bugged too, and all these baseless commenats on THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT are laughable, we have tried all kinds of silly ways that we have read in this tread and other places, none of them has worked after 1.1...

we did it prepatch however...

ffs bioware, please do something about this encounter, or if we are all really that daft, come with an official explanation, cus at this point we are having groups of people CLAIMING that WE HAVE SOLVED THE PUZZLE..

I call bs.. We tried every one of these solutions.. They all didnt work.. stupid encounter.

This is the worst encounter in the game at the moment. You don't really know what you have to do, they "fix" it through patches.

Sometimes it works sometimes not, sometimes it bugs sometimes it doesn't.

After countless of wipes, resets and nerdrage, the best approach is to use the terminals as fast as possible and pray it doesn't bug out. If the encounter gets stuck -> exit area -> reset and try again (off course you have to kill trash every time trollface.jpg).

Great game design.

This is the worst encounter in the game at the moment. You don't really know what you have to do, they "fix" it through patches.

Sometimes it works sometimes not, sometimes it bugs sometimes it doesn't.

After countless of wipes, resets and nerdrage, the best approach is to use the terminals as fast as possible and pray it doesn't bug out. If the encounter gets stuck -> exit area -> reset and try again (off course you have to kill trash every time trollface.jpg).

Great game design.

I agree that it's bugged. And the bug is a pain and a huge time waste. But the only thing that causes wipes is failing to kill the mobs before they kill you.

The only issue we've seen is they'll go non-interactive sometimes but not others. Week after week on HM, we ensure south solves each tier first and only push left. That's our particular voodoo and we haven't seen anything less anecdotal than ours as to what works.

Some weeks we 1 shot it, but last week for example, it took us 4 tires. A new record! The week before it was a 1 shot and the week before that it was on the 2nd try.

But never any extra mobs.

I understand that this is frustrating, but getting angry at others for trying to help, just makes you look like a dick. People are posting what has worked for them. Now, maybe due to the nature of the *bug* it might not work for you, but don't rage at them for trying to help.

It seems to me that there are a number of different solutions to the bugs we are seeing. As frustrating as it is - lets try and keep the rage out of this thread and stay constructive. Also people posting solutions - lets not put down or belittle people who are still having trouble with the bugs in this encounter, and haven't found a solution that works for them yet.

Lets better this community and focus on the solution.

I think the fact that there seems to be a lot of different workarounds for this problem indicates pretty well, that something isn't right.

For us it seems to work as long as the southern Pylon is solved first, for others this doesn't seem to work at all. Even if there is a "secret solution" to this, without any real indicators there is no telling what is right and what not.