So, any word on hoods + masks yet?

Feskmacka

I'm sure this has been discussed recently, but I'm way too lazy to sift through the forum manually now that the search option is gawn.

Call me vain, but it's my #1 problem with the game right now: You see, I really really really I want to wear a hood over my Kallig's Countenance.

It bugs me more than any other customization- or AMAGAD MY COMPUTER JUST BLEW UP-issue, especially since we from pre-launch footage know that it was once possible in development to wear a hood and helmet. Notice the SW to the right, as well as this SI.

Even the ingame Codex mocks us with its fancy pictures. I want THAT! But no, I get this... I can't quite put my finger on it, but I just don't feel like my character is any menacing when he isn't hooded. It ruins the mood, and I don't feel like anyone takes me seriously at the Sith Lord conventions.

Maybe it's the ear-things.

True, I could hide the mask, thus enabling my hood. But alas, my character has a nose ring that I got incredibly annoyed with at level 25. So you see my dilemma.

TL;DR - Whatever happened to wearing both your mask and hood?

Edited by Feskmacka

You're probably not a part of Havoc Squad, thats probably why.

In all honesty, I think thats one of the few ones that actually work. It's concidered a helmet but its a face mask. It's an social item.

It looks awesome either way, my hat off to you good sir.

But closer to the topic at hand, does anyone know what the word on this removed feature is? It almost feels to me as if the (already fairly limited) visual customization of TOR faceplanted into the pavement as launch came. With no colour matching and what-not... Minor gripes that gnaws in the back of my brain like the filthy rodents they are. And I've no cheese to lure them into my furnace.

Tired, getting crazy, time to sleep.

Hoods and masks do work as far as I can see, hoods and helmets do not.

As warrior you can have a hooded robe and one of the Malgus style re-breather masks.

Hoods up with the helmet on is what they had before I believe

+1

This is all I have noticed as well. I haven't seen a consistency across items that will work, other than simply trying them on and hiding/showing your helmet. In some cases, you can find the mask/hood combination. I've seen it on a few orange pieces.

+1

This is all I have noticed as well. I haven't seen a consistency across items that will work, other than simply trying them on and hiding/showing your helmet. In some cases, you can find the mask/hood combination. I've seen it on a few orange pieces.

A thought struck me, is there any Malgus-respirator-like social gear? I always liked the look of those, but SI seem to have trouble finding anything that doesn't belong in a pride festival.

Edited by Feskmacka

Hoods and masks do work as far as I can see, hoods and helmets do not.

As warrior you can have a hooded robe and one of the Malgus style re-breather masks.

Hoods up with the helmet on is what they had before I believe

i think they fixed it so any clipping issues with we troopers using interim JG gear wouldn't happen. I can see why you fashion-minded (to a fault) inq's would want this back though

Coming from a trooper: Suck it up and lash it out at your foes.

Oh yeah because the hide hood option is a totally unreasonable request.

Seriously, it's 2012 and this crap was standard years ago.

People don't know about the hide hood option revolution of 2003.

How about they work on stuff that actually impacts the game first?

So saying that you want to make your character look a certian way, which should be pretty easily done doesn't impact the game?

I am a Sith Assassin Twi'lek and not having a hood, or my lekku disappearing when I wear a helmet, or my headband that I picked at the start of character creation not showing when I am wearing a "hooded" chest piece, even though the hood doesn't show... I am staring at my character 99% of the time while playing the game, and having her look a certian way very much impacts my game. So much to the point where I have been tossing around the idea of starting a new character with a different race. I was level 25 before I got my first hooded attire and was extremely disappointed in the fact that this could not be shown on my character. True, level 25 does not take THAT long to get back to, but why should I have to restart my game to produce results that should be a given.

Obvious asthetic discrepancies don't need to be beta tested, they aren't a "surprise" after launch like most issues are. I, and pretty much every single person asking understands that serious glitches/gamebreaking issues should take priority. I paid the same money you did, are my concerns less because they are in conflict with what YOU personally deem important? Immersion and role playing are a huge part of the overall experience, and not having these options, when they SEEM rather simple and pretty obvious is just as much a concern to a lot of players where a combat log and customizable UI would be important to others. Some people need to use a scientific calculator to determine thier max dps, some people want to role play the life of a Star Wars character, doesn't matter what side of the spectrum you are on, you should at least get some acknowledgement of a ligitament concern.

• 2 weeks later...