Worst Looking High Level PVP Gear EVER.

dwgagner

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the hell did they choose the worst looking BH set from Beta to be the champ and centurian pvp armor sets? They look absolutely HORRID on any body shape other than the big burly shape.

It looks like I'm wearing a cardboard box with chicken legs on my small size dude...

Shouldn't the high level gear look more mandalorian... Hell the level 50 blue pvp set looks better.

If they implement a way to use other items in appearance slots I don't care but for now this is so dumb, could of at least chose the old pyro set that is now a PVE raid set, :(.

I mean imo there should be mods with +expertise so we can just mod our own stuff to be pvp geared. Even if you had to pay a lot of coms for them I'd rather do that.

Anyway... I mean look for yourself,

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/367/pvpreally.jpg

-disappointed BH.

***, that looks just terrible!

if mickey mouse and robocop had a child it would look like that...

Why the hell did they choose the worst looking BH set from Beta to be the champ and centurian pvp armor sets? They look absolutely HORRID on any body shape other than the big burly shape.

It looks like I'm wearing a cardboard box with chicken legs on my small size dude...

Shouldn't the high level gear look more mandalorian... Hell the level 50 blue pvp set looks better.

If they implement a way to use other items in appearance slots I don't care but for now this is so dumb, could of at least chose the old pyro set that is now a PVE raid set, :(.

I mean imo there should be mods with +expertise so we can just mod our own stuff to be pvp geared. Even if you had to pay a lot of coms for them I'd rather do that.

Anyway... I mean look for yourself,

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/367/pvpreally.jpg

-disappointed BH.

Ick! Looks like they're trying to model the helmet off of the Rakata. Not impressed.

I just want some armor that looks like the avatar pictures on these forums. I mean, my stuff looks alright, but for the most part, the armor looks pretty horrible IMO. We'll see how it pans out.

Maybe they could add a modification ability for Armormech/Sythweaving/Armstech that could attach visual items to equipment? Or change how they look? Not actually adding stats, but making it actually look different.

It is kind of silly to see them remove modding at end game ... I don't see what the point of having all that orange gear is if you can't even customize your character at the end. It is like a really good idea gone horribly wrong :p

I was gunning for 50 recently, plowing through the 40s and rocking people in PVP, and then I made the mistake of trying on some of the 50 PVP gear I was so stoked to acquire.

Now I'm not stoked.

I'm pissed.

That might be the ugliest armor set I've seen in an MMO. Typically, I'm not huge on aesthetics because I understand that my tastes won't always match those of the designers, and I also understand that while I might pan and gawk at my gear, most people don't notice it unless they're three inches from my face.

But now they'll notice, because they'll wonder why a level 50 PVPer with the highest rank looks like they're going to a child's birthday party with the theme "the future according to 1984."

Blech.

After playing WoW for years one of the things I looked forward to the most in comming to SWTOR was cool looking gear. But it seems I'll be wearing a Clown Suit again :(

Yep. Go figure I rolled the class with the ugliest gear. I looked at everyone elses, and I can stomach most of it (Warr is my favorite). My level 40 pvp gear isn't that bad actually, I like it..it's clean and straight to the point. Then I try on my level 50 gear, and I look like an awkward weird mismatched blob of grossness. Both the healing and the tanking sets are bad.

Damn you designers. Damn you. *shakes fist*

Edited by Valeena

You guys are completely out of line. The BH sets look fine. In fact if you look at the inspirations for the end game PvE and PvP sets it really makes sense how they came about.

PvE:

http://powet.tv/powetblog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/alpha_5.jpg

PvP:

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/Cole123RF/Cole123RF0910/Cole123RF091000092/5740746-miniature-long-haired-dachshund-wearing-cardboard-sign-around-neck.jpg

I was gunning for 50 recently, plowing through the 40s and rocking people in PVP, and then I made the mistake of trying on some of the 50 PVP gear I was so stoked to acquire.

Now I'm not stoked.

I'm pissed.

That might be the ugliest armor set I've seen in an MMO. Typically, I'm not huge on aesthetics because I understand that my tastes won't always match those of the designers, and I also understand that while I might pan and gawk at my gear, most people don't notice it unless they're three inches from my face.

But now they'll notice, because they'll wonder why a level 50 PVPer with the highest rank looks like they're going to a child's birthday party with the theme "the future according to 1984."

Blech.

Lol amen :D

Inquisitors PvP gear is as awesome as BH's - you look like a chichen, evil chicken, duh. PvE, too, is bullsh*t - you look like a bull and a ... you get it... I wonder who did the designes for end game gear?

This is what happens when you farm...er outsource.

[slim] chance are, the sets looked better in concept art but that's pushing it.

Honestly they followed the WOW model and failed miserably. From what I have seen, non of the end game armor looks like it belongs in the game.

EDIT: that being said, Mythic did have their hands in this game..there are those who know what I am talking about...

Edited by Valtyr