another 8 hour maintenance day ????

DarthSerparic

This is what we get when we are given the option to play on both US and EU server with same serial.

If it was seperated like WoW I would also "demand" different times for maintenance.

LoL manages it, Rift manages it, I'm pretty sure WAR manages it as well (haven't played in a year). Having both regions available at the same time does not mean you can't stagger maintenance/patches. It just means that there will be a small timeframe when the servers are not on the same patch that you will have to choose which one to play on.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours down. More than likely 11.

No website.

But don't worry guys, Bioware has Facebook, Twitter and other third party sites if you need to get your fix on bad customer support.

Edited by Tiaa

How is the maintenance hitting you while you're at work/school such a big problem?

Because I retired 12 years ago.

It's all about maintaining maximum availabilitiy for the majority of customers....which is why most professional outfits (even the one man and a dog ones) do maintenace about 2am.

It's all about maintaining maximum availabilitiy for the majority of customers....which is why most professional outfits (even the one man and a dog ones) do maintenace about 2am.

I doubt those words exist at the company running maintenance for Star Wars: The Old Republic..

They do...in the US. but they should stagger the downtime so it has the least amount of people affected. I mean thats how most big MMOs do it.

On the upside maybe they will fix something worthwhile this time?

I wonder what a maintenance schedule looks like for them:

1. Turn on the auto warning system for online players, about shutdown
  2. Shutdown the server
  3. Get some coffee
  4. Take a nap
  5. Fiddle with some of the files that needs to be updated
  6. Take another nap
  7. Drink some more coffee
  8. Call in another guy for assistance
  9. Take another nap
  10. Test the update if it runs
  11. Turn on the website again
  12. Ask a moderator to put on an Extended maintenance time
  13. Take a nap
  14. Open the server

being a European player im going to throw a few numbers out there 8 hour maintenance 8AM TILL 4PM once a week is 4x8 hours a month that's 32 hours a month

over the year that's 16 days we lose out on not accounting for any other maintenance you will do ....and you decide to do this during the day will we get them 16 days refunded no i think not

Get a grip. The normal maintenance period won't be 8 hours at a time. It's longer this time because there are more bugs to deal with. Normal maintenance window will be around 4 hours.

Get a grip. The normal maintenance period won't be 8 hours at a time. It's longer this time because there are more bugs to deal with. Normal maintenance window will be around 4 hours.

How does the number of bugs fixed affect the maintenance times? The only thing that affects is the size of the downloads we get after the maintenance. This feels more like they're updating each server manually in serial, not parallel.

With regards to the players-other mmo's suscribers have proven that an 'unhappy bunch', can affect the titles future.

As far as the maintenance periods-lets give Bio folks a chance and hope that the time it takes to implement maintenance on servers gets shorter in future, as previous posters have stated.

Just my 2 cents.

LOng live the ecosystem!

OMG guys, some of you here still raging aboout 8 hours. There is an origianal topic that says:

Generally speaking we are aiming to limit our scheduled maintenance period to once a week, on Tuesdays. However, this week we will perform maintenance on Wednesday due to the New Year’s holiday. We are aiming for this weekly maintenance period to take place in an off-peak time for both North American and European players.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/scheduled-maintenance-january-4-2012

So please, be patient, it is not fair to blame game developers and then turn on the game and be like: OMG it's awesome! - wich you won't share here again;)

*Sorry for my English, I am still newbie in it.

I wonder what a maintenance schedule looks like for them:

1. Turn on the auto warning system for online players, about shutdown
  2. Shutdown the server
  3. Get some coffee
  4. Take a nap
  5. Fiddle with some of the files that needs to be updated
  6. Take another nap
  7. Drink some more coffee
  8. Call in another guy for assistance
  9. Take another nap
  10. Test the update if it runs
  11. Turn on the website again
  12. Ask a moderator to put on an Extended maintenance time
  13. Take a nap
  14. Open the server

This all is a crap what you wrote here. You don't know anything about their work and for this your ladder you shouldn't be playing SWTOR anymore if you can't appreciate their work!:mad:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.