The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

My Dream: Choices that aren't between Good and *******

Conundrum-NSA

Something Bioware has never been good at is making evil choices that aren't just stupid.

1) Help this person

2) [twirl mustache] Kill this person

Is that really the only thing they can come up with for "evil"?

These pathetic choices are really holding me back from playing any Empire classes.

Please give us something besides:

"Good" and "Douche"

This is Star Wars, not 18th century relativistic theatre.

It's a space fairy-tale. Good and evil is clearly defined.

Want more grey? Play Dragon Age or Witcher 2.

Pretty much. Although I argue against Witcher as every choice is basically: "This will screw you over now" or "This will screw you over later" ... or both!

Yeah, I kind of agree with you. They started this crap in DA2. Dialogue choices are extra simplistic.

Sadly, it still beats most other games. I hope they plan to continually work on dialogue. I expect it to be complex -- ala kotor.

Lol, kotor was complex, yeah. The drak side was't completely psychotic at all :rolleyes:

I think my warrior is a pretty complex character, and I have only taken dark choices. It is the regular responses that create the personality. Love that.

Did you even play this game?

Because the light and dark options are FAR more diverse than what you try to state. I've only come across a couple or few actual "Kill person" dark options, the rest have no been that at all.

Edited by iResist

I've played this game, have you?

Yes I have, but you are obviously a troll who has no idea what dark options you actually get.

I've been going dark side option everytime, but a lot of times I have to sit and think for awhile about how it's is going to affect the story, because it is not just a simple "kill" dark side option.

Edited by iResist

Did you even play this game?

Because the light and dark options are FAR more diverse than what you try to state. I've only come across a couple or few actual "Kill person" dark options, the rest have no been that at all.

Far more often than not, dark side of the conversation ends up in kill someone, main someone, or leave someone to be killed by "insert local baddy here".

Far more often than not, dark side of the conversation ends up in kill someone, main someone, or leave someone to be killed by "insert local baddy here".

That's not true at all, i've been going dark side option every time, and a lot of times I have to sit and think for awhile about how it's going to affect the story because it is not just a simple matter of "kill".

My problem with the dark side/light side thing is that the game does not like you picking what makes the most sense to you. Game says either go light or go dark, neutral means you get screwed on gear. So essentially you make a choice once and every choice after that is illusory.

Yeah, I kind of agree with you. They started this crap in DA2. Dialogue choices are extra simplistic.

Sadly, it still beats most other games. I hope they plan to continually work on dialogue. I expect it to be complex -- ala kotor.

Maybe you need to replay kotor because the choices there are far worse than those in this game, the darkside choices are straightup psychotic every single time, there's no grey in that game.

And republic side has plenty of interesting choices, both choices can be seen as good several times in the game, while on the sith side both choices are often just evil, one slightly less than the other.

Edited by pezit

Yeah, I kind of agree with you. They started this crap in KOTOR. Dialogue choices are extra simplistic.

Sadly, it still beats most other games. I hope they plan to continually work on dialogue. I expect it to be complex -- ala some other game that I don't know about.

Fixed...afaik. Might have started earlier.

Yes I have, but you are obviously a troll who has no idea what dark options you actually get.

I've been going dark side option everytime, but a lot of times I have to sit and think for awhile about how it's is going to affect the story, because it is not just a simple "kill" dark side option.

There seem to be more agreeing with me than with you.

And yet you are so fast to whip out the "troll" card. Do you even know what a "troll" is?

It seems that "pragmatic" always means "evil." Give medical supplies to the soldiers who own them instead of refuges who aren't fighting a war? You evil bastard.

My all time favorite is still..

1) [Light Side] Destroy the research

2) [Dark Side] Allow the Jedi Council to decide

I think that's the first time my brain actually said "LOL WUT??"

We're playing in a universe where you can literally tell a persons character from looking at their face (Hitler would've looked like a member of KISS!).

Then again I believe it was a mistake to make a choice out of EVERYTHING. Especially those awful consoles you have in FPs.

Now, I only have experience with IA and Smuggler (but that also includes a lot of side quests that all classes will see), but the difference in opinions here could come down to faction.

On the empire side, a lot of the choices I've seen I could argue with myself for hours of which is "right" and which is "wrong." On Republic, however...there's very little moral ambiguity, you can either be a paragon of altruism and virtue or you're stabbing people in the back after helping you/murdering someone who was actually showing some willingness to be convinced to do the right thing.

Seems like the Empire got a much more mature brand of writing.

Oh, and I really hope they fix the issue with the dark side corruption option resetting every time you zone (and by extension, companion "scorpion pull" move turning back on).

Earlier, I had the choice of

- Freeing

- Leaving the person caged

- Or mercy killing

a person caged up in extreme pain and facing certain death. Seems like that covers all the options to me. There are few real moral decisions now and then.

Now, I only have experience with IA and Smuggler (but that also includes a lot of side quests that all classes will see), but the difference in opinions here could come down to faction.

On the empire side, a lot of the choices I've seen I could argue with myself for hours of which is "right" and which is "wrong." On Republic, however...there's very little moral ambiguity, you can either be a paragon of altruism and virtue or you're stabbing people in the back after helping you/murdering someone who was actually showing some willingness to be convinced to do the right thing.

Seems like the Empire got a much more mature brand of writing.

Oh, and I really hope they fix the issue with the dark side corruption option resetting every time you zone (and by extension, companion "scorpion pull" move turning back on).

It's only hard on the empire side because most of the time both choices are evil, one slightly less so but you're never given the choice to actually do the right thing.

And there's plenty of morally ambigious dialog choices for the republic - Several times it comes down to if you want to help the little guy or if you want to help the war effort against the empire, should you expose the politician that wants to ally with the sith even when it's against the law? Should I kill the mass murderer eventhough he was promised protection after helping the republic?

Another one that actually offended me was when encouraging republic soldiers to be deserters awarded me lightside points whereas telling them to go back was darkside. The reason they wanted to desert...their life was hard and they were afraid to die. I'm ex military and that one actually pissed me off.