I finally understand why Marauders are underpowered..

thenerdma

They either really are underpowered or other classes (especially BH are overpowered).

Range > Melee is another reason why marauders are at a disadvantage.

Just got my twink BH to lvl 10, didnt even pick an AC and rolled some Warzones. Always top 3 dmg, up to 250k dmg (with lvl 10 and no AC..). If you dont believe me, roll one yourself.

Something is wrong: Like I said Marauder is underpowered or BHs just ridiculously overpowered.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They either really are underpowered or other classes (especially BH are overpowered).

Range > Melee is another reason why marauders are at a disadvantage.

Just got my twink BH to lvl 10, didnt even pick an AC and rolled some Warzones. Always top 3 dmg, up to 250k dmg (with lvl 10 and no AC..). If you dont believe me, roll one yourself.

Something is wrong: Like I said Marauder is underpowered or BHs just ridiculously overpowered.

Wow you got over 200k as a dps class with bolstered stats, I could do the same thing with most of the other classes.

Maras aren't underpowered, they just don't come into their own until about 25, and don't really shine until 40+. Throw in the fact that like most warriors in other MMOs they are very gear dependent and you can see why people come to the forums screaming how we suck, when that is far from true.

In PVP my Marauder gets owned most of the time. Having a cooldown on the force leap and needing rage for throwing your lightsaber means you better be right on top of your foe or have fun draggin your butt across the map chasing other characters. Then you get pushed and pulled away again. Granted my Marauder is only level 21 so I am hoping things start to improve. Right now I can't pull aggro off my wife's Inquisitor pet when I am all out DPSing. I get outscored damage wise in PVP about 10-1 by BH.:(

I just hit 41 tonight.

As a Carnage Marauder, I absolutly destroy people. Massacre is on the global cooldown and essentially replaces vicious slash. With this, I can make Ataru proc whenever I want and however much I want, meaning that I can wait for Execute to be up before tossing that Force Scream.

Also Ravage being a root is nice. Eat a Deadly Throw + Gore + Ravage combo and you'll see, Marauders are fine. Watch me toss a 5k crit Force Scream and you'll see, Marauders are fine.

With Mercs a lot of people make the mistake of evaluating their performance by their PvE solo capability. I know more than 1 Merc who got into serious trouble on our PvP server once they had to deal with enemy players on the planet, so tantooine+ (talking 1on1 here, warzones are a different story).

You can't compare an AoE-PvE centric class that on top is also ranged, with a pure melee, single target dps, high skill cap class. It's simply not comparable.

If you like the Merc better, then heck, play the Merc. But please leave us Marauders alone with the q_q.

In PVP my Marauder gets owned most of the time. Having a cooldown on the force leap and needing rage for throwing your lightsaber means you better be right on top of your foe or have fun draggin your butt across the map chasing other characters. Then you get pushed and pulled away again. Granted my Marauder is only level 21 so I am hoping things start to improve. Right now I can't pull aggro off my wife's Inquisitor pet when I am all out DPSing. I get outscored damage wise in PVP about 10-1 by BH.:(

Pvp ... Predation is your friend, use it love it , stop worrying about kb .. Annihilation as you get higher up is so mobile its insane. Build fury so fast and can spec pred to 80% .. If you force leap and snare its a way different game.

Sith warrior is a backloaded and gear dependant class.

While I have not had any problems leveling my juggernaut I will admit the first 20 levels were abit lackluster.

I just hit 30 and I can say already I am noticing the power scaling come into play having access to many important abilities I did not have earlier. This isn't even accounting for gear scaling and I still don't have several of our strongest abilities.

Yesteday I had several 1v1 encounters with jedi consulars, shadows and troopers while questing in the dune sea on tatooine and let's just say without bragging too much that even as lower dps immortal tank spec with vette and not a healer companion I more than held my own.

I think alot of people are gonna feel pretty foolish crying about how underpowered juggs and marauders are basing their opinions on low to mid-level pvp against classes that bloom earlier.

Totally reminds me of WoW warriors. Backloaded and gear dependant. Hit max level, gear up and provided you were good you could shred people.

Something else to consider is that sith warriors appear to be a higher skill cap class than most others. Somewhat like rogues were in WoW. Easy to play ok, but difficult to master at the highest levels of play.

I just hit 41 tonight.

As a Carnage Marauder, I absolutly destroy people. Massacre is on the global cooldown and essentially replaces vicious slash. With this, I can make Ataru proc whenever I want and however much I want, meaning that I can wait for Execute to be up before tossing that Force Scream.

Also Ravage being a root is nice. Eat a Deadly Throw + Gore + Ravage combo and you'll see, Marauders are fine. Watch me toss a 5k crit Force Scream and you'll see, Marauders are fine.

I have 700 expertise and full champion/battlemaster gear. My force scream crits hit for 4k at maximum with Execute procced and a strength stim. Your force screams do not crit for 5k, especially at level 41. Try again.

Edited by fusrodahz

Warrior in generally really needs some extra skills or some chances to make it able to pvp. If u fight now u get easy kited around or just keep getting stunned and knockback cause it seems every other class hard several stuns and a knockback skill. Should also be more like able to survive.

I have 700 expertise and full champion/battlemaster gear. My force scream crits hit for 4k at maximum with Execute procced and a strength stim. Your force screams do not crit for 5k, especially at level 41. Try again.

Force Scream gets nothing from a strength stim dude. You forget, I STILL get bolstered stats in Warzones.

I expect it'll drop when I no longer get that uberbuff.

Force Scream gets nothing from a strength stim dude. You forget, I STILL get bolstered stats in Warzones.

Strength boosts both force and melee powers for the warrior. Bolster does not improve your skills or attributes above anyone with any expertise gear. You are wrong or a liar.

"Force leap cannot be used on Players with cover" get rid of this bs.

And also, ravage (or master strike) is buggy as fk. Miss and the animation goes but you do no damage and you're stuck for a few seconds. Miss again and it repeats. Had it miss 5 times in a row. Enemy full hp, and I'm dead.

Maras, prepare to be kited. Gravity round, freeze, gravity round. or consulars running in circles throwing rocks at you. While you foolishly try to break their shields with 100% gore armor penetration.

Ambush does 6.8k damage (balance stats please)....nuff said.

We wipe the floor with any class if we get into melee range without taking 2 much damage, the only classes that stand a chance in 1 on 1 IME are stealthers who get the drop.

As for classes I like killing Mercs and Commandos (the republics version) are my fav target they die fast to me (even the lvl 50's BTW: I only hit lvl 25 recently).

In multiple char fights it comes down to who got the best team with them.

BTW I have even killed a dps/healer combo solo once hint kill healer first, or your asking for trouble. Also Slows are your friends, when it comes to kiters, this helps you stay in range.

Edited by Kotli

I've never set foot in a warzone yet, PvP isnt my thing, but once you get past about level 35 or so, rage is never a problem, at least annihilation spec, you build it so fast you will never be stuck.

Just wondering all those who "pawn" in PvP with sith marauder can you post your rotations as some posts here i dont believe can be correct as either they lieing about damage or using lots of stims.

Anni spec pvp

BA - deadly saber - crippling slash - rupture - then any situational skill or spam VS (havnt got Annihilate yet) , and woch out for crippling slash running out and deadly saber + rupture cd's,

Also activate sweeping slash whenever i ain in combat for extra fury build up to activate berserk or predation quicker (if i have extra rage after killing a target)

Simple as that,

Now thers a lot more to it then just a rotation - a rotation will never help if you do not positional urself properly - for ex in huttball where ranged are on a ramp , position yurself parallel to the ramp, so they are less likely to knock you back(always works with sage/sorcere/shadow/assas - merc's not always)

There are so many little situational stuff you have to woch out for so cant list them all - also i see a lot of back peddling marauders in my server - so that may be a reason why you may not "pawn" with a mara too

Edited by Majinr

Try to level both AC's to level 50 first and then compare the 2 classes. Both classes have strong and weak points, Some classes have an advantage earlier compared to others.

Don't compare classes at lower level as some have an advantage over others just as in real life. Some people are stronger when their young while others may be smarter. On a later age both will fulfill a role that was ment to be filled by him and/or her.

i have a lvl 48 carnage marauder and honestly on my server open world pvp is kinda almost not even there but i can say this the few republic i do see 1 on 1 i usually take out easily now war-zone is different usually only come across consulars and smuggler type classes always stunned always getting crited on warzone sucks for me right now the ravage miss animation doesn't help. something just doesn't feel right in the warzones 1 on 1 i own hell id expect to be able to even handle two but the constant stun locks that seem to always happen to me and a smuggler that always crits me for over 2k a bunch of times in a row just doesn't appeal to me is there some kind of balance issue or what? not saying we are under powered by any means it just seems im geared for crit have higher lvl gear but these lower lvls are criting on me all the time and im hardly criting it seems, is the buff that big of a deal? Edited by Trasmuste

i have a lvl 48 carnage marauder and honestly on my server open world pvp is kinda almost not even there but i can say this the few republic i do see 1 on 1 i usually take out easily now war-zone is different usually only come across consulars and smuggler type classes always stunned always getting crited on warzone sucks for me right now the ravage miss animation doesn't help. something just doesn't feel right in the warzones 1 on 1 i own hell id expect to be able to even handle two but the constant stun locks that seem to always happen to me and a smuggler that always crits me for over 2k a bunch of times in a row just doesn't appeal to me is there some kind of balance issue or what? not saying we are under powered by any means it just seems im geared for crit have higher lvl gear but these lower lvls are criting on me all the time and im hardly criting it seems, is the buff that big of a deal?

Mr Punctuation seems to have eluded us this time

I played carnage to Valor 38, I never got a scream crit over 4000 unless I popped an expertise stim, relic and had the warzone damage buff. There is no way your screams hit for 5k.