The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Master the Fight: Firebolt Edition Bundle is now live and available until Sept 23!

I bought it, the dyes really look like crap on most outfits, the mount is cool and the subtime+cartel coin stuff is great but dyes are bad and really sad you cant sell them, cause I am not gonna use them and now I cant get rid of them either...

• Haha 2

I picked this up.  Pushed my sub out to almost a year (next May).  I do 6 months at a time anyway...so it balances out.  Not sure what I'm going to use the Dyes for...they REALLY need to be fixed so they can stack.  5 of each for each toon???  Stacks are a must, and MUST go over 99 count.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Byssrider said:

Soooo...the colors not matching the preview in this post...bug or working as intended?

/edit Tried them on the Mandalorian Nomad set, which looks just fine. Everything else is just tinged black.

Working as intended. The old armor sets are never reworked to be used with the metallic dyes.

On 7/30/2024 at 12:41 PM, cannibithobbal said:

just wanting to clarify because of this wording: will all existing characters get the dyes in their inbox as with other items from reward codes, or only newly created characters?

and also, will they stack in inventory?  that's a lot of slots taken up if not

Same question ^ Will new characters we make get them in the mail the same as current characters?

Since they don't stack (why?), can we leave the mail in the mailbox and take them out one at a time?

I might buy this pack, but I'm not excited that it's time-limited with ""exclusive"" rewards. .
I /just/ bought my 2-month sub time, so it would have been better if I could time it to spread my purchases out (it's a lot of money at once) -- and I've never liked having items my friends/other players can't have, actually. After september I won't want to use the mount or the dyes because I'll just feel like a jerk in front of ppl who couldn't spend that much.

• Haha 1

So what happens if you are a current subscriber and get this new bundle. Will you get credit for 180 days  and won't get billed for that amount of time? Or do you need to cancel sub and re-order with the bundle? I'm not sure if we can trust SWTOR billing to account for proper credits to account or you might ended being billed twice? Anyone did this before without cancelling?

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Riyar said:

Since they don't stack (why?), can we leave the mail in the mailbox and take them out one at a time?

The dyes come in two 5-packs, so are not separable until you take them out and open the pack.

I don't understand why the dyes don't stack. We've been through this fight before, and we thought it was clear that more dyes should stack, not less.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Riyar said:

Same question ^ Will new characters we make get them in the mail the same as current characters?

Can confirm every single character, new and old, gets them in the mail.

I really really wish the dyes would stack after you open the packs they come in, but alas.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Christie_Swift said:

So what happens if you are a current subscriber and get this new bundle. Will you get credit for 180 days  and won't get billed for that amount of time? Or do you need to cancel sub and re-order with the bundle? I'm not sure if we can trust SWTOR billing to account for proper credits to account or you might ended being billed twice? Anyone did this before without cancelling?

Thanks!

My next billing date moved to 2025 february after I bought the bundle, so it seems to be the case. I used to pay every month.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kristallia said:

My next billing date moved to 2025 february after I bought the bundle, so it seems to be the case. I used to pay every month.

Thank you. CS responded to me and told me the same thing. Glad to know 😃

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WtarSars said:

Are these specific dyes represented in game anywhere so that I could preview them before buying this package?

I couldn't find any. There is also the problem that they cannot be previewed inside the pack container. You have to unpack it before you can preview it on anything. Then, with them not stacking, it makes it less convenient.

I did a quick test on a theory, and if someone links the dye in chat, you can preview it from there.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2024 at 5:04 PM, Xyranis said:

Well I don't like the mount and I don't need the dyes, so basically it's a bunch of CC and a sub for the price of the same amount of CC and same sub bought separately (at least in Europe).

I'll pass, but if someone is in need of a 6 month sub AND a lot of CC at the same time, I guess it's an opportunity. Other than that, I find it too expensive, and prefer buying what I need when I need it.

You don't need to use razor tactical to fly with normal speed in fp and lose dps without right tactical or spent hours on big empty locations like hoth or voss so even 100 dollars just for this mount sounds as not bad deal, especially when you leveling 10th+ char.

On 8/1/2024 at 1:11 AM, Riyar said:

I might buy this pack, but I'm not excited that it's time-limited with ""exclusive"" rewards. .
I /just/ bought my 2-month sub time, so it would have been better if I could time it to spread my purchases out (it's a lot of money at once) -- and I've never liked having items my friends/other players can't have, actually. After september I won't want to use the mount or the dyes because I'll just feel like a jerk in front of ppl who couldn't spend that much.

These time limited things maded just to show off afront people who never can get it now. Like DvL vectron UFO. Remember how people were upset when they give away opal fox for everyone though it was exclusive reward only for content makers.

Also it may be just another lie like with LIMITED METALLIC DYES! JUST ONE WEEK ON SALE! BUY NOW!111

*crying interstellar man realized week it's 10 years.jpg

Edited by Imbirka

vor 14 Stunden schrieb WtarSars:

Are these specific dyes represented in game anywhere so that I could preview them before buying this package?

You can preview the color itself in cartel market, when you search for "metalic red". You will no find it as a single dye, but you will find it in combination with different color. 

Just ignore the second color on the dye module and only focus on the "metallic red" part of ot. It will behave exactly as the dyes from the package.

The thing with this metallic red is that it is "just" metallic. It does not change the material in the same way as the "Pearlescent" dye modules do. So if you expect this colors to be the  pearlescent version from those expensive dye modules, then they are not what you are looking for.

On most outfits those color looks much darker than on the preview image. I don't want to say that this was a try to lure us into a trap. I also can't say if this was cherry picking with the intention to lure us into a trap. I would tend to call it bad luck.

Bad luck that can be fixed with almost no effort: They can create second version wih the pearlescent color and send it out two. So evrybody who expected a more vibrant and shiny color should be happy. And everybody who expected the metallic one will still be happy. I doubt they will address this issue in this way. But they could, if they want.

On 7/30/2024 at 7:05 PM, jamiesafc said:

The currency conversion on this means its such a bad deal for people paying in GBP which is a shame as I would have purchased this if it offered the same value it does for people paying in USD.

£89.99 for the bundle 

180 days is £46.14 

5500 cc is £23.99 

totalling £70.13, so you are paying an extra £20 for the mount and dyes. 

For USD the 180 days + cc is $117.93 so straight away your saving money with out the dyes and mount. 

@JackieKo Can this be looked at or at least addressed? 

This! Was same on the last bundle. I would buy it at USD price but not the GBP one which is all that I have available. Fix it and get paid, or not. :)

• Like 1

On 7/30/2024 at 5:13 PM, Screaming_Ziva said:

We have received stacking Legacy dyes from Seasons in the past. Why do these legacy dyes not stack?

Likely to keep you from creating and deleting toons just to stack up on dyes. By making it eat your inventory slots, you are discouraged from making 999 of them. No other explanation. Then again maybe they just geeked it, and will never fix it. 

On 8/2/2024 at 3:48 PM, JianSarys said:

Likely to keep you from creating and deleting toons just to stack up on dyes. By making it eat your inventory slots, you are discouraged from making 999 of them.

I mean, anyone who was going to do this, will still just do it as needed. "Aw man, I ran out of the free dyes with arbitrary limits. Time to make a new temp character for more." For something this free, there shouldn't be stacking restrictions on it.

• Thanks 1

Something I realized due to the metallic red/metallic pink dye being the flash sale today: people earlier in this thread were pointing out that the primary/secondary metallic red dyes are different to the pearlescent red dye, which makes sense since they have a different name, but I realized the primary metallic red is also way darker than the metallic red in the metallic red/metallic pink, and varies greatly how MUCH darker by outfit.... and now I'm really wondering if it IS bugged to be too dark.

Samples:

Screenshot2024-08-05074551.png.71ca8f40b0f7f14bb1264a5baeb7490b.pngScreenshot2024-08-05075108.png.8ba006de70f4ad0464894b133b959c82.png
Screenshot2024-08-05075141.png.c60cbf89f7fea404c6db5e6c52a865bc.pngScreenshot2024-08-05075155.png.28fa3e404f3992d1aece651e7093874a.png
Screenshot2024-08-05075224.png.f006e89e64734bd1dd9be080a94f7bdd.pngScreenshot2024-08-05075236.png.13adad303fc9724ef6810e3af697c12d.png

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Byssrider said:

Would be nice if the team would change the bundle dye to reflect the other metallic red tbh. This seems like some reeeeal bad faith advertising.

Honestly I actually like the darker red on some outfits?  but would vastly prefer the brighter red on some others.

ngl, kinda wish they'd keep the current one functioning as is and rename it "metallic DARK red" and then also give us ones which look like the other metallic red too that are named "metallic red" 😂

3 hours ago, cannibithobbal said:

Honestly I actually like the darker red on some outfits?  but would vastly prefer the brighter red on some others.

ngl, kinda wish they'd keep the current one functioning as is and rename it "metallic DARK red" and then also give us ones which look like the other metallic red too that are named "metallic red" 😂

I see where you are coming from, but they showcased the hue and that was one of the factors for me buying the set, so I'd rather have the usual metallic red hue