Progression Changes coming in 7.5.1

On 8/20/2024 at 12:36 PM, madarsrikards said:

I don't think this is correct. 3 Supreme Decurion blue bags trade for 1 Columni bag. Which means going from green bags to Rakata is 3x longer path than this post makes you believe, at 4 green bags per week.

They corrected that in a different thread. Supreme Decorium is supposed to go to Columni. They forgot to fix the original post.

On 8/20/2024 at 9:29 AM, Wulfurkin said:

People shouldnt be forced into harder content just to gear their characters, this is especially true as up to this point some of the hardest operations cant even be cleared without maxed out gear. Im glad the devs are making purple rakata gear more accessible instead of keeping it gated behind nim bosses, this never made sense to me.

no you are fundamentally wrong. You should be locked out. Why do you even need 343 gear so you can struggle to do 5k dps in SM ops or WZ?

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Toraak said:

They corrected that in a different thread. Supreme Decorium is supposed to go to Columni. They forgot to fix the original post.

Ok but that then seems to make the green bag option extremely bad deal. I haven't done the math but surely taking option 1 for Veteran weekly, 30 FP-1 + green bag 27 times, then trading that into 9 blue bags, into 3 Columni bags, into a Rakata bag would be extremely inefficient, compared to option 2, 30 FP-1 + 130 FP-1, trade FP-1 to OP-1 and straight up buy Rakata?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, madarsrikards said:

Ok but that then seems to make the green bag option extremely bad deal. I haven't done the math but surely taking option 1 for Veteran weekly, 30 FP-1 + green bag 27 times, then trading that into 9 blue bags, into 3 Columni bags, into a Rakata bag would be extremely inefficient, compared to option 2, 30 FP-1 + 130 FP-1, trade FP-1 to OP-1 and straight up buy Rakata?

And yes I probably wouldn't go from green bags > supreme decurion > Columni> Rakata. You would be better off either farming EV/KP HM and converting Columni > Rakata, or outright buying rakata from the vendor and spamming storymode Ops and taking the 40 Op-1 mats as the rewards (Plus DC'ing all gear loot drops), and farming EV/KP HM's which will give you 130 for quest completion + whatever you Deconstruct.

If I had to guess they gave the full options for those that outright refuse to do any Operations, so they have an opportunity to get to rakata. Which now that I think of it, they can already do by converting Conquest Commendations into Op-1 Mats. 

13 hours ago, steveerkcanjerk said:

Harder content should give better gear, thats pretty much how every mmorpg works just about, especially those tied to vertical progression. Also you do not need 344 to clear the content, people had already cleared the content well before the gear all its doing is making the process easier. That is one of the big motivators of going into harder content is to get more powerful after completing and then using that gear to help put content on farm. Over time through an expansion catch up mechanics are introduced now normally this is supplemented by a new raid tier or something else. But if you are unable to meet the dps, heal, tank checks that are in this game at 340 or 339 Gear Score its a skill issue. 

Also people do so much dmg that mechanics literally get skipped all the time. There are so many fights you can just blow through without a worry in the world and you didn't need 344 gear to do it. 

Honestly ive had several responses like this by now and its all the same. People thinking that the best gear should be gated even further and only reserved for established nim raiding groups. It all feels fairly elitist to lock everyone else out of gearing progression just because you want to feel superior in rakata gear. Im just glad the devs stopped catering to this attitude.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Wulfurkin said:

Honestly ive had several responses like this by now and its all the same. People thinking that the best gear should be gated even further and only reserved for established nim raiding groups. It all feels fairly elitist to lock everyone else out of gearing progression just because you want to feel superior in rakata gear. Im just glad the devs stopped catering to this attitude.

Honestly, this mentality that casual players should have no path for advancement is killing MMO's, and it's good to see at least some movement in designing for a better experience for the majority of players. The primary argument put forth by elitists  is little more than "It has always been done this way", which is simply not a good argument for anything. (shrug).

Games evolve. The elitists will get over it or quit. They are a minority anyway, and they harm the hobby.

Edited by Thraka
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Thraka said:

Honestly, this mentality that casual players should have no path for advancement is killing MMO's, and it's good to see at least some movement in designing for a better experience for the majority of players. The primary argument put forth by elitists  is little more than "It has always been done this way", which is simply not a good argument for anything. (shrug).

Games evolve. The elitists will get over it or quit. They are a minority anyway, and they harm the hobby.

Very well said, glad im not the only one who thinks like this. Wish i could give more than one thanks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thraka said:

The primary argument put forth by elitists  is little more than "It has always been done this way", which is simply not a good argument for anything. (shrug).

I've heard some variant of "If they get our gear they lose all motivation to play with us."  That I credit with being honest at least.

I've had discussions with top raiders in other games from time to time.  Gear to them is just a tool and not worth bragging about.  In fact they prefer people having reasonable access to gear since it makes their job easier on-boarding new team members (hardest boss is the roster-boss).

Gear gatekeeping is nothing but ego.

• Like 3

• Dev Post

Hey Players!

As you may have noticed, with the release of 7.5.1 we made some adjustments to this initial plan based on your feedback and keen eyes. I want to list those changes for you and also give you a heads up of more changes we will be making in an upcoming patch.

Changes released with 7.5.1:

• 3 Supreme Decurion Upgrade Cache can upgrade to 1 Columi Upgrade Cache, not Rakata Upgrade Cache as accidentally stated.
  • Revised mission rewards for Story, Veteran, and Master Operations:
    • Story Operations now grant a choice of 1 Tionese Upgrade Cache or 40 OP-1 Catalysts (reduced from the originally listed 70 OP-1 Catalysts).
    • NEW: Veteran Operations grant a choice of 1 Columi Upgrade Cache or 130 OP-1 Catalysts.
    • NEW: Master Operations grant a choice of 1 Rakata Upgrade Cache or 340 OP-1 Catalysts.

Additional changes in an upcoming patch:

• We’re adding a new [WEEKLY] mission for The R-4 Anomaly on Story and Veteran mode. This mission will act like the current weekly operations missions.
  • PvP players can now convert 3 Thrysian Upgrade Caches to 1 Columi Upgrade Cache.
  • The following missions now grant players a choice of 1 Thyrsian Upgrade Cache or 80 additional WZ-1 Accelerants:
    • [WEEKLY] Galactic Starfighter
    • [WEEKLY] Go Berserk!
    • [WEEKLY] The Spoils of War

Thank you for giving us your feedback on these gearing changes, and I’ll see you in the queue!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 2

36 minutes ago, BryantWood said:
  • PvP players can now convert 3 Thrysian Upgrade Caches to 1 Columi Upgrade Cache.

Why a Columi crate? For that matter why even have conversion between pvp and pve crates? Thyrsian from 324 onward is purple and is equal to Rataka gear, so just using the Thyrsian caches ensures an upgrade if upgrading gear solely through pvp. Futhermore if pvpers want to get to 343 for whatever reason 336 Thrysian/Hyde and Zeek mods is sufficient to go into almost any operation and clear it, then just take the 40/130/340 catalysts on top of the 20/65/175. Needing 9 pvp caches to get 1 rakata cache just seems slower and unnecessary

I'll be honest, as a regular casual I've lost all interest in gearing - not needed for most content.  I was happy with mods, armorings and enhancements and now it all feels like a hot mess.

Everyone else might understand it but not me - Hide and Zeek are too cumbersome and when unlocked its only on one toon...just not bothered with it anymore.

Just for Ops players now?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Please, make the change to Dark vs Light token. 

Make them either:

• Legacy bound, or
  • Remove restriction for buying the Light or Dark gear

Otherwise we are stuck with tokens we cannot spend on our characters cause they are not Dark or Light proper tier.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, hillerbees said:

I'll be honest, as a regular casual I've lost all interest in gearing - not needed for most content.  I was happy with mods, armorings and enhancements and now it all feels like a hot mess.

Everyone else might understand it but not me - Hide and Zeek are too cumbersome and when unlocked its only on one toon...just not bothered with it anymore.

This and that stupid 100/100 legendary implant unlock "mission" should be legacy wide.

• Like 11

@BryantWood how do you make all these changes without giving clear direction on how any of this stuff works?  So first you provide the wrong details, then you clarify the right details (I hope), but not a single detail on WHERE to take the upgrade crates, and how to use them once we have the rakata one we want.  Experienced players figured things out the hard way, but how about you all actually tell people how things work some day? In over a decade how gear works has changed 2000 times, and every time we've been left mostly to figure things out ourselves.  Why?  No but seriously, why?  Thanks.

Edited by DarthNillard
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, BryantWood said:

Additional changes in an upcoming patch:

• We’re adding a new [WEEKLY] mission for The R-4 Anomaly on Story and Veteran mode. This mission will act like the current weekly operations missions.
  • The following missions now grant players a choice of 1 Thyrsian Upgrade Cache or 80 additional WZ-1 Accelerants:
    • [WEEKLY] Galactic Starfighter
    • [WEEKLY] Go Berserk!
    • [WEEKLY] The Spoils of War

The next patch, or "someday"?

On 8/23/2024 at 4:45 PM, hillerbees said:

Yeah, I totally agree.  Nothing at all for all of us solo/duo players.  Thanks a lot.  NOT.  

• Like 1

Does anybody have an explanation for the upgrade cache thing.  Let's say I use 3 Columni upgrade boxes and the credits to get a rakata upgrade case.  Do I just open it and get a random Rakata piece that would be equal to my item level?  Or can you use the upgrade case to turn a blue piece of gear into a purple piece of gear?  The latter would be very useful since they decided to mix and match the 3rd stat that goes into each gear piece across all the gear sets (i.e. Accuracy, Crit, Alacrity in different slots for different sets).

6 hours ago, DarthNillard said:

Does anybody have an explanation for the upgrade cache thing.  Let's say I use 3 Columni upgrade boxes and the credits to get a rakata upgrade case.  Do I just open it and get a random Rakata piece that would be equal to my item level?  Or can you use the upgrade case to turn a blue piece of gear into a purple piece of gear?  The latter would be very useful since they decided to mix and match the 3rd stat that goes into each gear piece across all the gear sets (i.e. Accuracy, Crit, Alacrity in different slots for different sets).

the way I understand it, is you take the 3 blue crates to the vendor, and then turn them in for a purple crate. This purple crate gives an item that will be vary, its level has to do with your overall item rating but I may be wrong on that one.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WaffleQwop said:

the way I understand it, is you take the 3 blue crates to the vendor, and then turn them in for a purple crate. This purple crate gives an item that will be vary, its level has to do with your overall item rating but I may be wrong on that one.

That seems like how it should work. And if so, how on earth is this a more efficient way of getting a random rakata then just doing Nefra and/or Dasher lol?  Let me do some math real quick.  Carry the 7.  It's not.  It's not even close.

13 minutes ago, DarthNillard said:

That seems like how it should work. And if so, how on earth is this a more efficient way of getting a random rakata then just doing Nefra and/or Dasher lol?  Let me do some math real quick.  Carry the 7.  It's not.  It's not even close.

Certainly not for us but it's probably easier for people who only do HM EV/KP.

Personally I'm sick of getting co-heal that does <20k ehps and dps doing only 20k so if that makes them run contents fitting to their ability, it's a good thing for me. Nothing wrong with not being "good" enough, but I don't want to hard carry groups when I just want some gears on my space barbie server.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, eabevella said:

Certainly not for us but it's probably easier for people who only do HM EV/KP.

Personally I'm sick of getting co-heal that does <20k ehps and dps doing only 20k so if that makes them run contents fitting to their ability, it's a good thing for me. Nothing wrong with not being "good" enough, but I don't want to hard carry groups when I just want some gears on my space barbie server.

You are certainly right.  Dasher in particular is rough with even 1 poor DPS or Healer...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DarthNillard said:

You are certainly right.  Dasher in particular is rough with even 1 poor DPS or Healer...

Indeed.. and I don't know why but I run into a lot of bad healers lately. Healing is very easy if you've spent a little time on it. Have had some full pug Nef/Dash's end horribly cause of a weak heals lol

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, WaffleQwop said:

Indeed.. and I don't know why but I run into a lot of bad healers lately. Healing is very easy if you've spent a little time on it. Have had some full pug Nef/Dash's end horribly cause of a weak heals lol

It could be because there's no real reason to do Nefra/Dash once you've got your main combat styles fully upgraded.   It took less than 2 weeks since the last gear upgrade for the quality of pugs to noticeable drop (started with most dps doing 24k or better on Nefra, then that dropped to most of them barely scraping past 20k).

You get more and more of the newer/returning/less experienced players in pug Nefra/Dash the longer it goes since the last gear upgrade.  Might have something to do with the guild perks not working in NiM content too, so some players think they're better then they actually are.

• Like 1