Premades in Regs

MercMara

It is an MMO, so by design, players will group up with their friends and do group content, which warzones in the end are

the best idea to "counter" that isn't for you to try to prevent players from grouping up, it's to get some friends and make a group yourself

• Like 1

Any type of premade is initially matched against a premade of the same size; however, if there is no other in the queue, the search parameters are expanded gradually. A common example from a comparative game is that in the time that a 4-man premade has waited in a queue before they get a pop in a situation where there is no other premade of the same size, a solo player has been in the queue, got a game, finished that game, and then started the queue again.

Thats the industry standard at this point in most online games.

On 6/4/2024 at 4:09 AM, MercMara said:

Rage Jug - The burst needs to match that of a Fury Mara, currently Rage is able to do 100k+ in one raging burst. Let alone the tactical that resets the CD on rages 2nd biggest hit. The 10 meter leap needs to be cut down as well. 

The only problem with rage jugg is it's crit rate, also no one is using the FS reset tactical, it's trash for multiple reason.

On 6/4/2024 at 4:09 AM, MercMara said:

Sniper Eng/Virulence - Both specs burst is stupid, especially Eng. Being able to do almost 200k in one shot is ludicrous. Same for Virulence, if they give Virulence, Madness, Lethality a DoT collapse they need to do the same for Annihilation Mara. 

I never heard someone saying that viru was broken. UV tactical is the only thing that make viru playable in PvP and even with it its burst is very easy to counter.

If you're not using dcd or trying to counter a burst ofc it should shred your healthbar there's nothing wrong with it.

The problem with engi burst is that it's way to hard too counter for the amount of dmg it does.

No one is complaining about madness burst even if it's less reliable it can hit almost as hard as a engi burst.

Edited by Ajalkaar
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ajalkaar said:

it's trash for multiple reason.

I wouldn't say it's "trash." Just inferior to the overall dps that comes from the PvE tactical and restricts your rotation slightly. 

There's like 50 ppl per server who even know how to do DPS. This is totally irrelevant. About 90% of players cannot break 7K DPS on any class. The reason why classes feel overpowered is because the people on your team are awful or you don't understand how to counter classes.

Most players probably 80% I would say can't even kill anyone and in a war zone.

In almost every war zone there's usually about six people who actually know how to DPS or less. What are you nerfing when people can't do damage as it is lol

People complain about juggernauts and power techs and they don't know how to kite. People complain about sorcerers and snipers because they don't know how to use line of sight or avoid them or counter not because the classes are op.

Time and time again people complained about classes that never even needed adjustments and the adjustments were make and the the classes became unplayable for years. They complain got the adjustments and then they complained about other classes that were overpowered it's a never-ending cycle.

The real problem is when you get a player and they have a guard and pocket heals and they just run around without any pressure or hindrance.

Edited by AocaVII
  • Like 1

Returning player after a 2 year hiatus.   I loved the pvp before I left.  Since my return it has been absolutely miserable due to death matching premades.  I will not be staying past the 30 day subscription unless whoever is in charge now at least comments on if this normal warzone environment is what they intend or they do something about it.  If they can't do something elaborate like only letting a group join if there is another group for the other side of same numbers in the group, just stop allowing groups to queue altogether.  If they are there to do the pvp and have the skills they all claim it shouldn't matter if they solo queue.

• Like 2

@Viraxis I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the PvP devs dont care about the game mode *At all* matter of fact they seem to have gone out their way to systematically destroy PvP in any way possible that would drive away players and they have succeeded...

This isnt intended as a doom and gloom moment or to make ya want to leave also merely a fact of the current situation you can cancel your sub with in 10 mins of reading my message and they are not going to comment even when they put out patches that relate to PvP our so called PvP development team seems content to just make changes and not take any player feed back into account

When the players try to engage them in PvP threads we get a opening line about what the patch notes are about then its radio silence so this is where you gota decide if you wana stick around or cancel because the sad truth this is what PvP is atm it isnt changing anytime soon and you arent alone when it comes to people not being optimistic when it comes to this game mode but nothing can be done until they change up the PvP staff which isnt likely to happen any day soon...

The rest of us who hang around and still try to PvP are masochists but I dont think there is anyone in any of these PvP threads expecting things to suddenly turn around because the devs have made it clear they somehow know whats best for this game mode that most likely none of them actively play and I dont think its a stretch to say they havnt played in years if not ever...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 8/12/2024 at 2:51 PM, RikuvonDrake said:

It is an MMO, so by design, players will group up with their friends and do group content, which warzones in the end are

the best idea to "counter" that isn't for you to try to prevent players from grouping up, it's to get some friends and make a group yourself

They just need to lower the premade size cap back to 4. 

• Like 1