Thank you Devs

WoRei

Thank you Devs for your great Matchmaking system.

You are the best!!

Waiting 20 minutes in primetime to face a premade? What a brilliant move of your genius combat designers and developer teams.

You are the best!!

Maybe this post contains traces of sarcasm, but just maybe ;-)
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, WoRei said:

Thank you Devs for your great Matchmaking system.

You are the best!!

Waiting 20 minutes in primetime to face a premade? What a brilliant move of your genius combat designers and developer teams.

You are the best!!

Maybe this post contains traces of sarcasm, but just maybe ;-)

You are aware that the matchmaking system needs players in the pool to work, right? the more players, the better it works. If you waited 20 minutes for a match, he just threw you in with everyone else who had signed up for pvp, without any sorting of players, just to start a match at all.

• Like 1

imo the match should never pit a premade against anyone else except another premade and if there is only one premade in queue, well tough for that premade. I feel the same way as OP and I would rather not get a match than get an unbalanced gong show against a premade.

The PvP pool is small and shrinking more everyday because the devs screwed over the solo players by allowing 8 man premades. It is going to continue to not draw new players to PvP  when they try PvP and get the experience of being slaughtered by a premade. 

From what I see the majority of PvPers queue solo or 2-man and there is not enough of a population to support larger premades as they end up going up against solo queued players in very one-sided unbalanced gong shows of a match.

Get rid of premades and get better balanced matches.

• Like 1

Thank you again, Devs - it is so wonderful to face the same premade match after match.

That is so awesome, that I just logged out - enough of that happiness for me today.

Whoever of you thought this was a great idea is a VERY special kind of brain ...

• Like 1

On 5/10/2024 at 4:55 PM, Anhkriva said:

You are aware that the matchmaking system needs players in the pool to work, right? the more players, the better it works. If you waited 20 minutes for a match, he just threw you in with everyone else who had signed up for pvp, without any sorting of players, just to start a match at all.

You're right but placing premades in the same queue as solo players is driving people away. 

So, maybe the right answer is to give those of us that want a solo queue that is free of premade groups what we are asking for.  I know that if they did this, I would start pvping again.

On 5/10/2024 at 11:55 PM, Anhkriva said:

I would prefer to NOT play instead of playing against those premades - thats just complete nonsense behaviour of a group finder tool. 

1 hour ago, Exly said:

You're right but placing premades in the same queue as solo players is driving people away. 

So, maybe the right answer is to give those of us that want a solo queue that is free of premade groups what we are asking for.  I know that if they did this, I would start pvping again.

There is no right answer. Separating premades from solos will divide an already small player pool and increase wait times for matches, which will also turn players away. Either way, the problem with pvp is that the player population is too small and there is no fix for that.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2024 at 2:55 PM, Anhkriva said:

That's exactly the issue. There aren't enough players playing for matchmaking to matter, it seems.

Even if you drop a game and take a 5 min penalty, in order to queue dodge some bads, it doesn't matter, nothing else will pop. You have to wait until that game finishes and then it places you with the exact same people. Over and over.

PvP is in a really bad place.

2 hours ago, Anhkriva said:

There is no right answer. Separating premades from solos will divide an already small player pool and increase wait times for matches, which will also turn players away. Either way, the problem with pvp is that the player population is too small and there is no fix for that.

However, if the reason people no longer want to pvp is because there is no solo queue, then making a solo queue could be the answer to the problem. 

Right now the only way to ensure that you won't be placed in a match against a premade is to choose not to queue for pvp.   That's the option that I chose. 

If I was the only one to choose to stop pvping then that would hardly matter but given the fact that there are now so few people queueing for matches, I suspect there are a lot of people that have made the same choice that I did.

• Like 1

As I see it one is either helping a bad situation or just making worse and just don't care.

This game can not support premades because the skill gap is too great, lack of population, and the players don't want to gear correctly, key bind, and do stuff that you would need to do for a warzone.

I see players with 3000 accuracy and 750 crit. You try to help them and they say they just don't care and tell you to just shut up. It's very dysfunctional.

The whole situation is very disturbing.

I wish when I was a new player and I didn't have a good stat pool or I was doing things wrong that someone would be willing to help me and try to point things out so I would be able to correct them. 

So the main point here is making the premades only makes it worse for everyone. The premades don't even sync and if they do sync it's an uneven fight because some people have more than others or different classes/tanks.

It's just very hard for me to understand that when you know there's an awful situation and it's terribly dysfunctional why people would continue to just make it worse when they know it makes it worse? 

Explain this to me?

It just sounds like people don't want to be constructive and just want to make things more dysfunctional than they already are and more disturbing. It's kind of self-destructive. No?

The only legitimate person that would need a group would be a healer because you can't heal people that can't kill players so you need at least one person most of the time.

I'm doing the same as I see others have been doing. People just simply log off if the war zones are bad and try a different time. 

I see huge pre-mades on I just shut the game off.

It's a lose lose situation because one can be in premade but to me there's no point in killing players that are not even playing you're just killing people that are standing there. There's absolutely no point in doing that  It's boring.

Then when you q alone sometimes the war zones can be pretty good. But then once they start to get disturbing, dysfunctional, and pathetic. Then it's time to log off.

Edited by AocaVII

41 minutes ago, AocaVII said:

I see players with 3000 accuracy and 750 crit. You try to help them and they say they just don't care and tell you to just shut up. It's very dysfunctional.

Never saw another game like this one where players didn't want to get help and still complain about getting rolled.

Edited by supertimtaf
phrasing
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, supertimtaf said:

Never saw another game like this one where players didn't want to get help and still complain about getting rolled.

Yeah  disgusting and self-destructive, they are destructive of things that can be fun.

It's a toxic environment for people I think. I've talked to many people that the game itself has made them toxic and made them disgruntled and bitter whereas a few years ago they were nice and happy with their war zones. 

Trying to help them (these players who don't want to listen or want any help) is akin to them jumping into a big giant garbage dumpster full of rotten food and just eating your way to death. Someone tries to tell you that you're eating rotten food and it's going to kill you and you just don't care and just keep eating away. That's what it looks like to me.

I think the way these war zones are now cause emotional damage to people at this point.

Edited by AocaVII

1 minute ago, AocaVII said:

Yeah it's like it's disgusting and self-destructive they are and destructive of things that can be fun. 

It's like jumping into a big giant garbage dumpster full of rotten food and just eating your way to death. Someone tries to tell you that you're eating rotten food and it's going to kill you and you just don't care and just keep eating away. That's what it looks like to me.

I did had this situation at some point.
By just farming the man so much in a warzone after he told me that he didn't want advices from "an elitist".
And at some point I just send him a whisper "are you sure you don't want advices, because I don't see how you'll have fun here otherwise."
The man just stopped playing PvP after that :( I tried my best but it was not enough. :(

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, supertimtaf said:

I did had this situation at some point.
By just farming the man so much in a warzone after he told me that he didn't want advices from "an elitist".
And at some point I just send him a whisper "are you sure you don't want advices, because I don't see how you'll have fun here otherwise."
The man just stopped playing PvP after that :( I tried my best but it was not enough. :(

People have become very fragile and cannot take any constructive criticism no matter how nice you put it.

It's pretty I don't even know the word for it very very unhealthy, toxic, sick environment. Literally, you're going to an arena someone cannot DPS and you say one thing to them and they leave. They get insulted from one word. Like how offended are you if someone's trying to help you.

I really have to try so so hard not to point out the obvious. But sometimes it's just so difficult because it's so clear crystal clear that I just don't understand how you can't see what you're doing and how destructive it is for you.

This is exactly what I say I see people with the wrong stat pools wrong gear wrong everything that do 300K total damage in every war zone and then sit around and complain about the pre-mades all day.

But on the other hand the people in the premades that are more experienced players should be mature enough to realize that the game is not sustainable for that type of PVP and so not do it because it's just going to make it worse.

Edited by AocaVII