A farm? Really?

Posted (edited)

Why is this game devoting resources to a farm, on Dantooine, when we just want more story-line and expansions?

We want a new ops, more balanced gear, payout on class story lines and choices, not to mention resetting pvp back to just before 7.0 and starting again.

But that live stream was just for announcing space stardew valley?

I appreciate and understand you devs work hard but you're working hard on things that aren't going to retain subscribers and won't be pulling in people by the thousands i just don't understand it?

Also in Star Wars cannon, sending Jedi to a farm is what happens when padawans aren't chosen by a master, imho it's a cruel fate and not something that should be in a celebrated mmorpg

Heck just roll everything back to before 7.0

...And not even any new date night announcement

Edited by YaddleTwo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, YaddleTwo said:

Star Wars cannon

What canon?

A Dantooine stronghold could have been a better choice than an event on Dantooine but I will see what exactly is this event before saying something on it

1 minute ago, orichichan said:

What canon?

A Dantooine stronghold could have been a better choice than an event on Dantooine but I will see what exactly is this event before saying something on it

Obi-Wan himself almost got sent to the "Jedi farming corp" before Qui-Gon took him in as his padawan

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

What? Some kind of a take at a  farmville simulator sounds much more exciting and interesting than some utterly disposable 2 minute  getogether at map room. I didn't watch the stream, know nothing about it yet  but at least this has me curious...Which is something pocket sized story droplets won't do.

Dear Broadsword.been SEVEN YEARS since last time GSF got anything new. Might it be its turn some day soon???

Edited by Stradlin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Stradlin said:

What? Some kind of a take at a  farmville simulator sounds much more exciting and interesting than some utterly disposable 2 minute  getogether at map room. I didn't watch the stream, know nothing about it but at least this has me curious.

Dear Broadsword.been SEVEN YEARS since last time GSF got anything new. Might it be its turn some day soon???

They force people to play it but they will never fix it. It makes me nauseous too most of the time anyways but it would be nice

• Like 1

Also when you realize we pay $180.00 a year for this to be subscribers... i don't know about most of you out there but that's a lot of money for me!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stradlin said:

What? Some kind of a take at a  farmville simulator sounds much more exciting and interesting than some utterly disposable 2 minute  getogether at map room. I didn't watch the stream, know nothing about it yet  but at least this has me curious...Which is something pocket sized story droplets won't do.

Regular PVP aint getting any new content, do you really expect new stuff for GSF? That just not happening. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, _Izanagi said:

I'm just kinda sick of Dantooine. How many events are on that planet now..?

At least it's not Nar Shaddaa. How many events are there already 🤣

Seriously though. as an addict I'll gladly adopt SWTOR version of Story of Seasons. Because my heart is in here - SWTOR, and I'm an idiot who pays for this.

Edited by VilianSW
typos. because going overly emotional makes you do more typos than average.

It is a seasonal event if it does not appeal to you ignore it. There are a few gear items that appeal to me so i will do it until I get those cosmetic items then I will be done with it. It is really not that big of a deal. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, YaddleTwo said:

They force people to play it but they will never fix it. It makes me nauseous too most of the time anyways but it would be nice

Balance-wise, it'd not even require fixing. GSF been in great condition for years in that regard. But new content? Inclusion to pvp season, or track of its own? Something..anything. Yes please. Seven years is kind of a long time. There's one age old bug that could use fixing(deselect)  and another that got introduced when they messed around with scoreboards of pvp.(medals work, but  aren't displayed at the end of the match)

8 hours ago, darthscotty said:

It is a seasonal event if it does not appeal to you ignore it. There are a few gear items that appeal to me so i will do it until I get those cosmetic items then I will be done with it. It is really not that big of a deal. 

47 minutes ago, Hrafnhildur said:

Why are you people so angry? Is ok to cook during Feast of Prosperity, but is not ok to work in a farm during this new event? 

For me it's because of what i said in my initial post. They are wasting time, energy, and resources on it when it will not help this game survive, it will not retain subscribers, and it will not entice new subscribers, not enough for it to pay off at least.

Then they will be devoting time, energy, and resources to fix the bugs and issues that always come up with this stuff.  Listen i know they weren't going to announce another "shadows of Revan" expansion, although that is what we all pray for, but this is just... argh.

10 hours ago, Planner said:

Probably stole the idea from SWG Legends.

The irony is that *every* new Star Wars project from the movies to *all* the tv shows, they have ALL and i do mean ALL have lifted designs and lore from this game.

12 hours ago, Planner said:

Probably stole the idea from SWG Legends.

First thing that I thought of after reading the header. lol I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't at least looked at, that was a decent addition to that game, especially if you're able to create Familiars with a small stat bonus, but I seriously doubt they're going that route. If they did, then yeah, definitely borrowed it.

All games should borrow from other studios, which most of them do already, it's good for the consumer. 

3 hours ago, YaddleTwo said:

For me it's because of what i said in my initial post. They are wasting time, energy, and resources on it when it will not help this game survive, it will not retain subscribers, and it will not entice new subscribers, not enough for it to pay off at least.

Then they will be devoting time, energy, and resources to fix the bugs and issues that always come up with this stuff.  Listen i know they weren't going to announce another "shadows of Revan" expansion, although that is what we all pray for, but this is just... argh.

I actually have to disagree with you as a whole.  I agree that I'm not a fan of this patch, though at least they're not removing stuff here, like some other patches so could be much worse.  However if I take my own bias out of it, it's a patch for solo players.  You have the last quarterly event to go with the Night life, Feast of Prosperity, and Life Day events.  This will probably have things like additional decos, cheesy armor set etc, for those same players to work on their strongholds some more. Some extra customization via CM to customize your Barbie a bit more as well (also see previous note about cheesy armor sets from Spring event to further customize your Barbie). BESI is a solo player's grind.  A little bit of story content in Hutta, and w/e else I'm missing or they haven't told us.  

Now solo players generally make up the biggest portion of the player base by far, it's why MMO games are way more casual than they ever used to be.  They know the people their aiming for, for their revenue stream.  Raiders & PvPers (and in our case GSF players) are a tiny minority overall.  So while I'm with you, that the patch doesn't do much for you, or me, and some others.  I would argue that it does go out of it's way to retain player count by focusing on the largest player population. If we're being honest, the patch as it stands is not bad.  You're just mad (understandably so) that progress is slow and the previous patches have been garbage with little content offered and you were hoping for more.  Sadly we're probably going to be in this state of slow content for a while.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, darthscotty said:

There are a few gear items that appeal to me so i will do it until I get those cosmetic items

Yeah, this one looks worth collecting.

image.png.781161957febc10f6f339620717cd64f.png

• Like 1

Well if it is supposed to be a Spring Event,  it going to be late considering we are heading into May now and so therefore i seriously doubt it will hit the servers until late May or June since it seems it will be on the test server.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, casirabit said:

Well if it is supposed to be a Spring Event,  it going to be late considering we are heading into May now and so therefore i seriously doubt it will hit the servers until late May or June since it seems it will be on the test server.

IIRC, on the live Stream, they said PTS goes live this week, and 7.5 will drop this month. We may see PTS open today if they want to get it going before Friday.

Edited by Traceguy

3 hours ago, Setta said:

Raiders & PvPers (and in our case GSF players) are a tiny minority overall

That's what happens when devs disregard them for so long. So many people left not because they disliked the game but because the devs disregarded what they like. So many people left when rav and tos nim was canceled, when they forgot about ops in 4.0, when r4 nim was canceled, and the slow drip of 3 ops in 10 years. So many people left with gsf being forgotten, so many people left with pvp being mismanaged and then removal of ranked.

Maybe if they do things for that they can bring some of the millions that already left. Instead of catering to the dwindling population that will not attract anyone to come back.