Shae Vizla the credit sink

It would be interesting to see some official numbers on Character transfers to Shae Vizla and the impact that BroadSword have seen on other server economies.

One (minimal) aspect of the transfers is taking the (up to) 15M credits out of various servers onto Shae Vizla.

Another item to look at is the increase in spending on the GTN, Character Perks, Vendor sales & even no doubt Cartel Market

I know that I myself have spent many millions on credits on character unlocks alone that I would not have spent otherwise.

(The new GTN unlock is 25M credits alone, exceeding the straight character transfer credits)

GTN sales prices on some specific items has increased in the last month,
e.g.

• Crafting materials
  • Character / account unlocks
  • Decorations

What have other players (transferring TO Shae Vizla) seen or been spending their credits on ?

15 million being transferred from a server because of character transfers is insignificant to the amount the GTN on that server is removing because of the 8-16% GTN tax.

Edited by Darkestmonty

12 minutes ago, Darkestmonty said:

15 million being transferred from a server because of transfers is insignificant to the amount the GTN on that server is removing.

Thanks a lot captain obvious, of course the (minimal) credits alone are minimal, though do you know how many thousand characters have been transferred ? (you do not)

This is talking about other areas where the transfers ARE affecting the economies (increasing GTN prices on certain items for example)

Your response has not added anything to the conversation, though I do hope you perhaps can contribute with your recent GTN perspective or pre transfer spending habits related to the post.

For example, perhaps you are among those who purchased whale numbers of CM items and sold them on SV after transfers were enabled (for example)

Perhaps you can share your personal behaviour on character spending for transferred characters (assuming you have done)

Or maybe you have been buying or selling items on the GTN and noticed recent variations in price.

For Example, I have been buying decorations that I would not normally spend credits on, but I want them unlocked on SV for when I get the itch to decorate. some from vendors, others from the GTN.

on the GTN I've noticed current prices are all higher then the recent median, and much much higher (double or more) then the historical median, indicating there has been a significant rise in prices (and tax collected)

So far my credit supply has dropped about 4B since I started character transfers, probably a few B more across the servers in the month leasing up to transfers also stocking up on crafting materials.

7 minutes ago, FrontLineFodder said:

Your response has not added anything to the conversation, though I do hope you perhaps can contribute with your recent GTN perspective or pre transfer spending habits related to the post.

1 hour ago, FrontLineFodder said:

One (minimal) aspect of the transfers is taking the (up to) 15M credits out of various servers onto Shae Vizla.

you brought up the subject.

Edited by Darkestmonty

3 hours ago, FrontLineFodder said:

The new GTN unlock is 25M credits alone

Interesting. So the GTN unlock is not only unaffordable by Shae Vizla players, but also extremely out of budget. If the average player has around 15m to their name, it's going to make earning 25m much harder than someone playing Star Forge.

Edited by Traceguy

6 hours ago, Darkestmonty said:

15 million being transferred from a server because of character transfers is insignificant to the amount the GTN on that server is removing because of the 8-16% GTN tax.

240 million per person being transferred for free to a server that was essentially fresh is pretty damn significant

1 hour ago, recalcitrantIre said:

240 million per person being transferred for free to a server that was essentially fresh is pretty damn significant

It has no impact on established servers where a single hypercrate can run 900 million to 1 billion credits. Have you noticed prices on your servers increase since transfers to SV opened up?

Edited by Darkestmonty

I’ve already run out of credits. Having to pay credits again to open up Strong Holds, guild banks & guild ships should have all been considered when deciding on the transfer cap. I’ve had to decide whether to forgo strong holds or guild ammenities. I’m pretty disappointed. Many of us spent the time calculating the sweet spot & the devs refused to listen. $25 million was it if anyone is interested. 

Honestly, I’ve spent more credits on the old servers buying stuff to bring with me than I thought. But I’ll still be leaving several billion credits there that will never be used again. So I guess they did sort of win the credit sink game of taking billions out of play on some of the older servers. I hope they are pleased with themselves because it’s also turned me off playing the game. I know I’m not alone in feeling this way. 

5 hours ago, Traceguy said:

Interesting. So the GTN unlock is not only unaffordable by Shae Vizla players, but also extremely out of budget. If the average player has around 15m to their name, it's going to make earning 25m much harder than someone playing Star Forge.

And unless your character isnt already lvl 80, you can’t open it up before you move. That lvl 80 requirement is absolutely BS 🤬

2 hours ago, recalcitrantIre said:

Not when you have to pay to open up all your strong holds again or setup your guild the way you had it. Let alone if you have a guild for both rep & imperial, which doubles the cost. These things should have been addressed if they wanted to limit the credits to 15 million. 
25 million would have been the sweet spot. And what they should have done is limit transfer OFF Shae Vizla for 6 months to stop people getting cheap stuff & leaving again. 

42 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

I’ve already run out of credits. Having to pay credits again to open up Strong Holds, guild banks & guild ships should have all been considered when deciding on the transfer cap. I’ve had to decide whether to forgo strong holds or guild ammenities. I’m pretty disappointed. Many of us spent the time calculating the sweet spot & the devs refused to listen. $25 million was it if anyone is interested. 

Honestly, I’ve spent more credits on the old servers buying stuff to bring with me than I thought. But I’ll still be leaving several billion credits there that will never be used again. So I guess they did sort of win the credit sink game of taking billions out of play on some of the older servers. I hope they are pleased with themselves because it’s also turned me off playing the game. I know I’m not alone in feeling this way. 

you can knock out 3 strongholds if you unlocked the 3 from the Galactic Season vendor, they now unlock for zero credits (two Fleet apartments + Mek-Sha). That bug is fixed which is great.

Unlock the 2 capital city apartments and find 1 more. I paid 5 million to unlock my sixth apartment which was 1/3rd of the credits from one character. 15 million to unlock amenities you already unlocked on other servers goes by quickly.