Zeek 340 Deconstruction Question

Hello all, I am unable to find this information anywhere, but can you deconstruct a level 340 Legacy implant for Zeek? The quest says Artifact or higher. At this point, I have not found any information on anyone who has tried it. The Legacy implant says higher. I contacted Swtor Customer Service, and they said it could work. The "could" part is making me hesitate. LOL! But why put in Artifact or higher into the quest, it makes me think you could actually do it for the better mods. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

You were wise to ask (that's not sarcasm). Your Legacy Implants will not complete the Artifact quest if you deconstruct them.

Artifact gear is the Rakata purple gear sold by the Operations vendor on the Fleet requiring Op-1 Catalysts to upgrade. If you don't do Ops, you can still purchase the items from the vendor by trading in Conquest Commendations at the Conquest Gear vendors. Sometimes, you can also get Op-1 Catalysts from random world drops or Treasure Hunting quests from lootboxes.

For a comprehensive guide on this subject, check out SWTORISTA's guide. It can be found at:

https://swtorista.com/articles/swtor-how-to-get-the-best-gear-in-the-game-7-4-hyde-zeek-340-and-rakata-344/

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

LD, good suggestion but it only goes to 336 and I have the 340 quest option. But thank you for the response.

Dasty, thank you for the info. I was having trouble with this one because it said Artifact or higher. I thought maybe the Legacy Implant would cover it. However, I have found no info whatsoever on yes you can or no you can't deconstruct it for Zeek. I will go the safe route and work towards 340 Purple gear Ops. It is going to be a long climb. LOL!

13 hours ago, Khardargo said:

LD, good suggestion but it only goes to 336 and I have the 340 quest option. But thank you for the response.

Dasty, thank you for the info. I was having trouble with this one because it said Artifact or higher. I thought maybe the Legacy Implant would cover it. However, I have found no info whatsoever on yes you can or no you can't deconstruct it for Zeek. I will go the safe route and work towards 340 Purple gear Ops. It is going to be a long climb. LOL!

Actually, the climb shouldn't be long at all! As Dasty mentioned, you can now trade Conquest Commendations to the Conquest gear vendor to get the currency (OP-1 Catalysts) you need to buy one piece from the Operations vendor and upgrade it to 340. As long as your playstyle gives you a reasonable number of Conquest Commendations, you'll have the artifact 340 piece you need for Hyde and Zeek before you know it. 

Of course, if you enjoy playing MM flashpoints or HM EV/KP, you should totally do that, as eabevella suggested. But it really doesn't take long to get one piece of 340 purple gear with Conquest Commendations now.

3 hours ago, Hudlar said:

Actually, the climb shouldn't be long at all! As Dasty mentioned, you can now trade Conquest Commendations to the Conquest gear vendor to get the currency (OP-1 Catalysts) you need to buy one piece from the Operations vendor and upgrade it to 340.

Even better, you can use conquest comms to get a green 340 earpiece. With this equipped you should have a chance of getting a 340 purple drop. Works great for getting 340 blue too, skipping the whole FP-1 grind.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Hudlar said:

Actually, the climb shouldn't be long at all! As Dasty mentioned, you can now trade Conquest Commendations to the Conquest gear vendor to get the currency (OP-1 Catalysts) you need to buy one piece from the Operations vendor and upgrade it to 340. As long as your playstyle gives you a reasonable number of Conquest Commendations, you'll have the artifact 340 piece you need for Hyde and Zeek before you know it. 

Of course, if you enjoy playing MM flashpoints or HM EV/KP, you should totally do that, as eabevella suggested. But it really doesn't take long to get one piece of 340 purple gear with Conquest Commendations now.

Doesn't it need to be blue not green?

6 minutes ago, DanteYoda said:

Doesn't it need to be blue not green?

You equip high-level greens in order to trigger a drop of high-level blue or purple while doing the content which provides said drops.

13 minutes ago, VegaMist said:

You equip high-level greens in order to trigger a drop of high-level blue or purple while doing the content which provides said drops.

I mean talking to Zeek for the quest the op greens wont work even 340?

From scratch? Been a while. Probably wear high level greens, and either run Vet flashpoints hoping for a blue ear to drop, or start a Master flashpoint and just beat one or two bosses to guarantee a blue drop. These days though, you can buy FPs and OPs with conquest comms. So, you could do any content to generate those and exchange as needed. Or a combo of flashpoints and Conquest comms.

Edited by VegaMist
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Asking for a friend. What is the most efficient route starting from scratch that DOES NOT include Ops? 

It can include PvP, GSF, FP, Conquest & Heroics. 

I dont think there's an actual answer to this because it's all situational. Does your friend have a bunch of lvl 80 toons? If so he can farm the conquest get to 100k on all his toons and get the 200 conquest comms and the buy the fp-1 gear. You turn in 2k conquest comms for 400 fp-1s. If you upgrade a belt for example (which I think is the cheapest item) it's like 170 fp1s for an upgrade. So you will need to get to 6,800 conquest comms to fully upgrade a lvl 324 blue all the way to 340 blue. So it's gonna take a while no matter what. 

I think the absolute fastest way to go would probably be to do a ton of GSF (or pvp but gsf weeklies take less time) get a couple pieces of gear to 336, unlock the 336 enhancements/mods first, and then run flashpoints to get a higher level blue gear drop. Then you would only have to upgrade it two times to get a 340 blue piece. I know u said no OPs but for the 340 purple it's the same idea, join a nim nefra group get the higher level rakata drop from that boss and upgrade it twice. 

Edited by Samcuu

5 hours ago, Samcuu said:

I dont think there's an actual answer to this because it's all situational. Does your friend have a bunch of lvl 80 toons? If so he can farm the conquest get to 100k on all his toons and get the 200 conquest comms and the buy the fp-1 gear. You turn in 2k conquest comms for 400 fp-1s. If you upgrade a belt for example (which I think is the cheapest item) it's like 170 fp1s for an upgrade. So you will need to get to 6,800 conquest comms to fully upgrade a lvl 324 blue all the way to 340 blue. So it's gonna take a while no matter what. 

I think the absolute fastest way to go would probably be to do a ton of GSF (or pvp but gsf weeklies take less time) get a couple pieces of gear to 336, unlock the 336 enhancements/mods first, and then run flashpoints to get a higher level blue gear drop. Then you would only have to upgrade it two times to get a 340 blue piece. I know u said no OPs but for the 340 purple it's the same idea, join a nim nefra group get the higher level rakata drop from that boss and upgrade it twice. 

They have 1 lvl 80 sniper & 3 other lvl 75 alts & a few lower lvl alts. I think they have 8 characters altogether. 

7 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

They have 1 lvl 80 sniper & 3 other lvl 75 alts & a few lower lvl alts. I think they have 8 characters altogether. 

PvP and GSF are the fastest way to get cq.

Weekly Heroic is also a great way to grind IF you have stealth toon. A lot of the heroics could be done by a stealth toon in a min or 2. This is a good guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/43vv79/kotfe_40_heroics_list_reformatted/

Once they have some higher level green gears, they could solo stealth run VM Hammer Station and Athiss in ~10min per round with >lv75 toon and a lv50 companion. You get some cq points, you get some fp-1, you also get blue prototype relic/ear/implant drops from VM FPs so it's cheaper to upgrade the blue piece that dropped if you are wearing green gears with higher gear level. Even if you only get a blue 324 piece, you have enough currencies to upgrade it to 340.

Of course you can q gf to get bigger rewards. You can help your friend get HS/Athiss by selecting them on your toon and you both q at the same time but separately. They'll get the full benefit of using gf, and you can simply quit after a pop.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2024 at 11:09 PM, TrixxieTriss said:

Asking for a friend. What is the most efficient route starting from scratch that DOES NOT include Ops?

If your goal is to just get blue 340, the most efficient route I've found is to use comms from conquest/dailies to get a green 324 earpiece from the conquest vendor, and upgrade it to 340. With this equipped, you have a chance of getting a 340 blue from a vet flashpoint. This is how I got 340 on my SF legacy (I main Satele Shan), and my alt SWTOR account. I also use this to get 340 blue relics. It's so quick and easy it really makes the FP-1 grind I did a couple years ago feel like the biggest waste of time I've put into the game.

Edited by Traceguy

47 minutes ago, DanteYoda said:

Seems like a massive grind just to get get a few pieces of gear..

A FP boss is guaranteed to drop a 324 for each slot missing level 80 gear. As soon as you hit 80, you can play 3 FPs to get all 9 pieces. (3 bosses each dropping a piece you need per FP). Yes you can also buy a full 324 conquest set, but I would use the FP gear so you can use your comms to buy and upgrade a green earpice to 340 at the same time.

Doing it this way you'll have a full 340 hyde and zeek armor in 1 evening without ever touching FP-1s

Edited by Traceguy

5 hours ago, Traceguy said:

If your goal is to just get blue 340, the most efficient route I've found is to use comms from conquest/dailies to get a green 324 earpiece from the conquest vendor, and upgrade it to 340. With this equipped, you have a chance of getting a 340 blue from a vet flashpoint. This is how I got 340 on my SF legacy (I main Satele Shan), and my alt SWTOR account. I also use this to get 340 blue relics. It's so quick and easy it really makes the FP-1 grind I did a couple years ago feel like the biggest waste of time I've put into the game.

I’ll let them know. Thanks 👍

I know swtorista has done a guide, but it’s not as relevant for low pop servers like SV & I’m assuming the EU language servers.

I was really hoping someone might know of an efficient guide specifically for low pop servers like those? 

15 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

I know swtorista has done a guide

I don't know if her guide is different these days, but a couple years back when I did it for the first time, she wanted people to run Red Reaper back-to-back until they have enough FP-1s. I found Red Reaper to be about 5 minutes longer than Athiss. So I solo'd Athiss numerous times to get a bunch of blue 324 earpieces I would deconstruct into FP-1s.

This year, trying to get the 340 gear on both my alt account, and the other server was a lot easier. Both was able to accomplish within a single evening after hitting level 80.

21 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

I was really hoping someone might know of an efficient guide specifically for low pop servers like those? 

Are vet FPs hard to get on low pop servers? Since you just need a play a vet flashpoint, you could still solo Red Reaper like her guide, or Athiss like I did. The only difference is you would just play the RNG game for a blue 340 piece, rather than farm 324s for FP-1s.

2 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

Are vet FPs hard to get on low pop servers?

I honestly don’t know. I think they may pop more than PvP. But it really depends on the time of day. The server still seems to be more active when us Aussies are asleep 😞

5 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

I would agree about PvP & GSF on SF or DM. But my friend is starting out on SV & PvP doesn’t pop that much & GSF never pops 😞

I don't play PvP/GSF now and sadly pugging group contents on SV is way too slow.

I couldn't even get a DF/DP sm group at 8PM (which will be ~10PM in Australia, peak hour). I went back to SF after 15min of waiting (only 4 ppl x up) and got a team filled in 10min (which will be ~8AM US time). You can get in some pug groups at all time on SF except during 3-6AM US time but SV is almost always silent. I assume Flashpoints will be the same slow.

Sadly I need to grind a toon on SV now because ffs why do upgrading legendary implants needs CQ tokens? I have only 1 toon there so rip I have no other toons to do cq. I'll report back what is fastest to me.

Just now, eabevella said:

I don't play PvP/GSF now and sadly pugging group contents on SV is way too slow.

I couldn't even get a DF/DP sm group at 8PM (which will be ~10PM in Australia, peak hour). I went back to SF after 15min of waiting (only 4 ppl x up) and got a team filled in 10min (which will be ~8AM US time). You can get in some pug groups at all time on SF except during 3-6AM US time but SV is almost always silent. I assume Flashpoints will be the same slow.

Sadly I need to grind a toon on SV now because ffs why do upgrading legendary implants needs CQ tokens? I have only 1 toon there so rip I have no other toons to do cq. I'll report back what is fastest to me.

Once my transfers are done. I won’t ever play on a US server again. I’d rather uninstall than play with 230-300ms ping.